• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    Not sure this deserves its own thread so this seems like the best fit…

I didn’t even know this was a thing. Is there any other legal thing a government official can refuse to do?

I don't believe this is a thing. AFAIK a postal worker cannot refuse to accept lawful mail pieces, hence the taking it up with the postmaster.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They can refuse to serve you "because its not my job" apparently. When I went to the post office at the edge of the ghetto to get my picture taken DURING POSTED HOURS FOR PASSPORT SERVICES I was told the one person at the branch that does passports doesnt work that day. When I told her I didnt need a passport, I just needed her to take my photo for another .gov application I was told "No. That aint my job."
    "You cant point that camera over there at me, line my body up inside the template on the screen and push the button?"
    "Nope. Not my job. Do you need any stamps or other services? If not I need to help the next person in line. "

I may have called her a not so nice name as I left.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    These people’s votes count as much as yours. And there seems to be more of them.

It always amazes me that the woke crowd doesn't realize how much they rely upon "privilege" and openly evoke it.

"If you don't provoke anyone, everyone will be nice to you. No one will hurt you."

But then again, their whole woke ideology requires suspending any rational thought process, so....

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    They can refuse to serve you "because its not my job" apparently. When I went to the post office at the edge of the ghetto to get my picture taken DURING POSTED HOURS FOR PASSPORT SERVICES I was told the one person at the branch that does passports doesnt work that day. When I told her I didnt need a passport, I just needed her to take my photo for another .gov application I was told "No. That aint my job."
    "You cant point that camera over there at me, line my body up inside the template on the screen and push the button?"
    "Nope. Not my job. Do you need any stamps or other services? If not I need to help the next person in line. "

Yeah that's a standard union viewpoint. Not in my job description, so you can make me do it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah that's a standard union viewpoint. Not in my job description, so you can make me do it.

Sometimes it's the right answer.
    When a mistake results in millions of dollars of damage, or the death of a worker, you might want to get the guy trained on the job.
    We had a furnace down. There is a 'cool down' period before work gets done.
    Plant Manager wants to get started NOW.
    Union says NO.
    PM gets contractor to go in the pit with a bulldozer.
    Contractor doesn't know procedures or their reason, so he does it.
    Plug releases, liquid iron pours out, burning the Big Cat, and burns the man alive.
    PM says oops.
    Now there are millions of dollars of damages to the furnace.
    The mill is out a Big Cat, which is NOT cheap.
    Then there's the loss of income due to a long time involve in digging all the iron that solidified around equipment and burned everything up.
    Oh, and there is that whole thing about a man dying in one of the most horrible ways, and a family that no longer has a dad.

I could go on about electricians doing an instrument/electronics job because a boss thought they are the same thing, causing millions in loss of product.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Well, that's mostly another myth.

The usual procedure is that, unless doing the job is unsafe, you do it and then file a grievance.

There are times when the rules are there to protect people and equipment.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    Well, that's mostly another myth.

The usual procedure is that, unless doing the job is unsafe, you do it and then file a grievance.

There are times when the rules are there to protect people and equipment.
    That's not what I was told by my rep when I was in a union way back.

Of course a unionized grocery store is very different than a steel mill, there are few unsafe jobs and the union shop contract was really just there to help the union make money. I think they wanted part time workers to mouth off and get fired because the union never actually did anything to protect them, and if they didn't last long they never became full time workers whom the union actually did have to get off their asses for.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm not saying the 'union' is right all the time, or even most of the time.

But, it's also not the evil whipping boy all the time either.

We've even had people get in trouble, because the boss told someone to do something, the person did it, then the company told them 'they shoulda known better', and it's 'malicious compliance'. The fact they were ordered to do it, was immaterial.

I was told to work under a suspended load.
    The rules say, if you work under a suspended load, it is a 'cardinal rule', so you immediately get fired.
    The only way to come back from that, is if they find out you didn't work under the suspended load.
    So, I refused a job like that, was suspended for 5 days.
    5 days was better than being fired.

Then there's the 'work on energized gear while standing next to liquid steel'.
    Working near steel requires I wear metalized clothes.
    Working on energized gear requires I NOT wear metalized clothes.
    Refusing to do the job gets me time off.
    Yup, silly me, the 'union guy' for trying to get some protection.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Why give her a hard time? She's apparently doing he job she was hired to do, not the one you wanted her to do. The problem is with the management, not the person behind the counter.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

So she was being civil and thats how you respond to a woman?
    You know the saying, when everywhere one goes they are dealing with A'holes.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why give her a hard time? She's apparently doing he job she was hired to do, not the one you wanted her to do. The problem is with the management, not the person behind the counter.
    Please tell me you’re trolling.

EDIT: I asked her to do an equivalent job that was not unreasonable. Its not like she was asked to go in back and load/unload a truck, shovel snow off the sidewalk, clean a toilet, etc.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

EDIT: I asked her to do an equivalent job that was not unreasonable. Its not like she was asked to go in back and load/unload a truck, shovel snow off the sidewalk, clean a toilet, etc.
    Some small Post Offices dont do Passports at all, like Orestus, Summitville and Alexandria near me.
    We have to go to the Anderson PO on the west side. Hours for Passports are clearly posted in the PO and online. In most cases YOU make an appointment online to get your Passport photos and your paperwork submitted.

You pitch out that "Your or are you aTroll" to members when YOU are the one that constantly has issues wherever YOU seem to do business.
    I find it humorous that you think you know so so much with others job descriptions but in reality you dont know much.

Oh and does your Mother and Minister know how you speek to some women?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :wow: this thread has taken a strange turn.

Not a mod (have no desire to be) but it is time to get back to, What Anti-gunners Say.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Till she pushed a button, and some setting changed, or something broke.
    And she gets 5 days off because she did another job.

I used to drive scissor-lifts, and man-lifts.
    Then, they required a class and a qual card for it. Didn't matter if I used to do it.
    They (company) wouldn't give me the class, because 'my job' didn't need it.
    Then they needed me to use them, real important. But I couldn't, because no class and no qual.
    So the company sucked up $$$ in losses.

Millwright tells a production guy to help me, hold this, and something happened, or the boss walked by, both guys get time off. For helping.

Guys have been injured, but couldn't report it, because it wasn't their job.

So, yes, IT SEEMS SILLY.
    But that's corporations for you.
    We had notes all over telling people to be a team player and think outside your job.
    And at the same time we had people waiting on hearings because of doing just that.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

No. Not trolling. I just don’t understand the cause for upset.

Top Bottom