• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The brief they signed in court this week insinuates that people like you and me, who would vote to uphold traditional marriage, as akin to segregationists and racial bigots

I've read almost the exact same accusatory line from INGO members. We're moving from shunning, to acceptance, to embracing, next is castigation/isolation/and forced re-education of non-believers. It will happen again.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    I may be giving away my age but I haven't bought anything from them since there stores were called "AyrWay".
    They stopped selling hunting and shooting equipment when they changed the name to Target (go figure)
    and then raised their prices on everything else.

There's nothing in Target that can't be bought elsewhere around here for less.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I've read almost the exact same accusatory line from INGO members. We're moving from shunning, to acceptance, to embracing, next is castigation/isolation/and forced re-education of non-believers. It will happen again.

There is nothing wrong with addressing the hypocrisy. It's hard to get an honest discussion without somebody getting offended. It's kind of like saying there is a violence problem in the urban black community, and somebody shouts "RACIST!". The goal isn't to offend, it's a legitimate topic worthy of discussion. Same applies here.

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    I'd still respond whether Target came out against, or in favor of gay marriage. It matters not.

Target simply has no 'cause' and no 'standing' in deciding, as a company, what a 'marriage' should or should not be. The same holds true with every other company and business, as well, large OR small.

I respect the rights of others, right up until they choose to step on MY rights.

This. Regardless of which side they were on, I'm against any corporate entity trying to dictate laws.

But, as was already stated, Target is already on our bad list for thier gun policy. So why not just call this what it is? Another topic for anti-gay marriage groups to throw a hissy fit about because they are afraid of becoming a minority.

There are a couple logical reasons against gay marriage I can think of, but they are because our debt based economy requires an ever increasing population. Outside of that, I challenge anyone to find me a logical reason against giving equal rights and status to same sex couples.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    First corporations were people and had 1st Amendment Rights. Now, they're not people and they don't have 1st Amendment Rights. Conservatives really need to get their heads on right with this one. Target's entitled to weigh in on this one, as they were entitled to weigh in on firearms, (which they took a non-position on, for anyone wh was paying attention to their press release). I commend them for standing up for the Rights of Americans and their employees.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Remember folks, businesses don't like to get caught up in political discussions, which is why you should never open carry there. Political discussions are bad for business, ya know.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hey isn't that Organized religions goal?

Some. Some in the middle east that I've read about recently. None of them I've ever been to though. The ones I've been to welcome people but I've never been threatened with the loss of my head if I didn't show up on Sunday. But many like to paint with a broad brush--I understand. It's easier that way.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    88GT;521159 I am quite happy to have the state recognize my union contract with my spouse as it prevents and precludes anybody else from claiming the same rights of marriage that I enjoy. Without it said:
    All of which could be covered by contract law without involving the state in marriage.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    The state of course, as it does any contract. Further, it could do so without defining and redefining marriage.

Frankly, I don't want the state in the personal relationship between my wife and me. Not do I want it in my bedroom. Nor do I want it in the bedroom of my homosexual neighbors down the street or their personal relationship.

Unfortunately, most choose instead to use the state as club to force their view of the matter upon others.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The state of course, as it does any contract. Further, it could do so without defining and redefining marriage.

Frankly, I don't want the state in the personal relationship between my wife and me. Not do I want it in my bedroom. Nor do I want it in the bedroom of my homosexual neighbors down the street or their personal relationship.

Unfortunately, most choose instead to use the state as club to force their view of the matter upon others.
    What's the difference of a state-recognized union before the fact or a state-adjudication and enforcement of said union after the fact? Practically there is none.

I see your point, and agree, but there is no contract in the world that can cover the full gamut of spousal privileges and protections currently existing. Certainly not practically, and probably not cost effectively.

Your solution is to dump the baby out with the bathwater.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would just as soon the state stay out of everybody's marriage....but people keep wanting the state to take their side, especially when they are getting unmarried.

[edited to add requisite offensive remark]

...but the courts and legislatures can call anything anything, but it doesn't change reality....the state did not define marriage and cannot redefine it.

Last edited:

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    Last time I was in target, I had about 600$ of crap in my cart when they, manager and security, asked me to put my firearm in my car. They made sure to tell me I could then return to finish my purchase.

I laughed at them and told them to cram it with walnuts.

I was concealed carrying, and some mall cop saw me printing through a t-shirt.

"what gun? i dont know what you're talking about"

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    [edited to add requisite offensive remark]

...but the courts and legislatures can call anything anything, but it doesn't change reality....the state did not define marriage and cannot redefine it.

Lets be clear, the supernatural isn't reality. Do you understand this very simple concept? A state does define marriage. You can believe what you want on the weekends, but the world around you is reality based.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom