Another Buyer Beware Do Not Become a Victim Like Me.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2020
    Danville
    sorry to hear that and thanks for the info as I have been checking out the sight and was considering some of the items they had

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    sorry to hear that and thanks for the info as I have been checking out the sight and was considering some of the items they had

I guess to be fair. When I opened this thread I had just been screwed/scammed hard by a dirt bag POS so my emotions were up there as anyone would be. Bottom line as others on here have said IF using Armslist. If you cannot go and meet the person. Then do not do the deal. Me personally I will never use AL again. PERIOD!! BTW so far after bringing law enforcement in on it. I have gotten $70.00 of my $1070.00 back with a promise by the dirt bag/POS to pay it all back in installments. We will see?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Few years back I bought a revolver from a guy on INGO. We set a place to meet as well as a time. He changed the place within a few minutes of the meet. It was just a mile down the road. I show up and notice a guy in a truck staring at me and the seller.

Seller fessed up and said that was his buddy and he was back-up in case the meet went bad. Daytime, public place with lots of people. That was fine as it made him feel good. His buddy got out and walked over to us. The back-up had a pistol shoved into his front pants pocket so deep I think he needed a map to get it.

First AR I bought from an INGO member went sour. Talked everything thru. I was to meet in Indy. He sends his lady friend instead of showing up. No worries. Got thru the deal, got back in the car and my spouse asked if the woman had been sent as a distraction. She was decent looking and dressed for a non-business like meeting. It was funny. We laughed about it until I got back and the thing would single shoot only, scope was wonky, short changed me on the ammo, etc..

I hounded the guy for months. He even posted something else for sale here and I replied that I would take it in as trade then he would only owe me XX dollars for the bad deal. He finally met me close to a jobsite and brought the extras to kind of make the deal right.

But all in all I have enjoyed my deals with INGO peeps. Some are odd, some are cool. Some I will not talk to ever again. It's just like real life.

I even met this one guy Indy-ish area. Bought a bunch of Saiga shotty stuff from him. He rolled up in his service van. We shot the breeze for a bit and he started showing me all this pictures of cars he and his crew used to build, or work on. He was new to the forum.
    Had a similar deal with an Ingo member. I was the seller. We met at an agreed upon place and he apparently got there a bit earlier than I did. I pulled up next to him and he got in the passenger side of my vehicle. While he was inspecting the firearm I looked out the side mirror and noticed a female parked in the row behind us that appeared to be observing us. I tuned and asked him. "She with you?" It kind of took him by surprise that I had the situational awareness to notice her and he admitted that it was his girlfriend. It was all good though. The transaction proceeded fine.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Never used Armslist, several INGO deals that went very well. Wife is always my back up. She shoots a .45 well and has situational awareness honed by many trips to Europe with High School students.

Don

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Dealt with Armlist and Craigslist a few times in the seems like distant past, face to face only. Before the Sandy Hook crisis anyways. Since then there is definitely a different atmospheric change. Didn’t get scammed but I didn’t like the setup. Selling some ammo on Armslist, guy send e-mail kinda late and wants to meet a 10:30-11:00 at night, his side of town at Meijers. We exchanged phone numbers and talked I was not sure if they were open 24 hours so I said no, let’s meet in morning. Called next morning only to get answering machine a couple times and never heard back.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Dealt with Armlist and Craigslist a few times in the seems like distant past, face to face only. Before the Sandy Hook crisis anyways. Since then there is definitely a different atmospheric change. Didn’t get scammed but I didn’t like the setup. Selling some ammo on Armslist, guy send e-mail kinda late and wants to meet a 10:30-11:00 at night, his side of town at Meijers. We exchanged phone numbers and talked I was not sure if they were open 24 hours so I said no, let’s meet in morning. Called next morning only to get answering machine a couple times and never heard back.

Sounds alarming!
    Good call on your part!

Top Bottom