• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Amazing when you hear of all of the fraud and ridiculous cases, then you hear of someone in actual need and it takes over a year to even get the case to a hearing. What good is it if the people that need it can't even get help in time for it to be useful?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I’m simply amazed at the support, well wishes, and prayers. It amazes me, I’m beyond grateful. It’s been ridiculously stressful, and all the folks who’ve come together to help is astonishing. The gofundme was my absolute last resort, only after a friend talked me into it. I never thought in a million years anybody would take the time to care. Plus, the thought that I can’t do it on my own was completely humbling. I’ve worked and made my own spending money from 11-18 working as a paper boy, to fast food, to a gas station. Then at 18 I started my railroad career working 70-80 hours a week for my first 8 years. Followed by a more reasonable schedule of 60 hours a week, and finally to a half normal 40-50 hour week.

Its a crazy situation, every service I’ve applied for, I’ve beeb denied, as they base your need off of your last years income. And the RRB (like SS), says disability claims should take 110 days to a decision on all their paperwork. Yet over the phone they tell me it’s at least 9-12 months to an initial decision. And since it’s like SS, 85% or so, claims are denied on the first round. If denied, I’ll have to get a lawyer, and the second round takes 3-6 months. It’s a very long process. It’s pretty disheartening, but the support I’ve received really helps alleviate some of the stress.

I’d like to thank everyone once again. Even sharing the link on social media if you’re unable to contribute financially helps immensely.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Donation made. I don't spend much time in the Break Room but am glad I looked in today. Any chance of getting this wider exposure on INGO?

Top Bottom