• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    At any moment, the ACLU should step up and fight for the American people. Their site prominently states, "The ACLU dares to create a more perfect union — beyond one person, party, or side. Our mission is to realize this promise of the United States Constitution for all and expand the reach of its guarantees."

This is also very promising- https://www.aclu.org/issues/free-speech

"Free Speech

Protecting free speech means protecting a free press, the democratic process, diversity of thought, and so much more. The ACLU has worked since 1920 to ensure that freedom of speech is protected for everyone.
    I'm sure they mean for everyone, right?

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Great! Did you read that article or just search for a headline? For those that don't want to click:

Kate Ruane, a senior legislative counsel at the ACLU said in a statement that the decision to suspend Trump from social media could set a precedent for big tech companies to silence less privileged voices.

"For months, President Trump has been using social media platforms to seed doubt about the results of the election and to undermine the will of voters. We understand the desire to permanently suspend him now, but it should concern everyone when companies like Facebook and Twitter wield the unchecked power to remove people from platforms that have become indispensable for the speech of billions – especially when political realities make those decisions easier," the statement read.

"President Trump can turn his press team or Fox News to communicate with the public, but others – like many Black, Brown, and LGTBQ activists who have been censored by social media companies – will not have that luxury. It is our hope that these companies will apply their rules transparently to everyone.

Darn... I hoped that this was about all voices and not just Black, Brown, and LGTBQ activists.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Great! Did you read that article or just search for a headline? For those that don't want to click:

Kate Ruane, a senior legislative counsel at the ACLU said in a statement that the decision to suspend Trump from social media could set a precedent for big tech companies to silence less privileged voices.

"For months, President Trump has been using social media platforms to seed doubt about the results of the election and to undermine the will of voters. We understand the desire to permanently suspend him now, but it should concern everyone when companies like Facebook and Twitter wield the unchecked power to remove people from platforms that have become indispensable for the speech of billions – especially when political realities make those decisions easier," the statement read.

"President Trump can turn his press team or Fox News to communicate with the public, but others – like many Black, Brown, and LGTBQ activists who have been censored by social media companies – will not have that luxury. It is our hope that these companies will apply their rules transparently to everyone.

Darn... I hoped that this was about all voices and not just Black, Brown, and LGTBQ activists.
    Read it 2 days ago.

Understand and Support are 2 different words. I can understand why someone would want him permanently suspended, doesn't mean I would support it.

It's like anything else until they say otherwise.....its often by supporting the rights of criminals that we find out the boundaries of our freedom in the courts.

Speaking of...Parler just sued Amazon.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Read it 2 days ago.

Understand and Support are 2 different words. I can understand why someone would want him permanently suspended, doesn't mean I would support it.

It's like anything else until they say otherwise.....its often by supporting the rights of criminals that we find out the boundaries of our freedom in the courts.

Speaking of...Parler just sued Amazon.
    Sorry, I had no idea what your position was by you just posting the link. Hopefully, you can understand how that is confusing.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Sorry, I had no idea what your position was by you just posting the link. Hopefully, you can understand how that is confusing.
    Well I am also waiting on a primary document/statement from them instead of a Newsweek 2nd hand version.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I don't believe I've seen a big movement by big tech to censor radical Black, Brown, LGTBQ and leftist activists from social platforms. To the contrary. I think it's encouraged. The hate and divisive rhetoric is very real.

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

Nothing is more important to the 21st Century American Left (including the ACLU) than:
    1) Dermal Melanin Concentration
    and
    2) Techniques for stimulation of genitalia

Last edited:

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I will put myself in the brainwashing has been phenomenally successful camp.

I truly believed that we had raised our children to be god-fearing, patriotic, critical thinking citizens. All through their primary and secondary school years they were in sports, they were challenged to justify their positions, and they were taught the Bible, and the Constitution.

Both however received phones relatively early in their young lives. Not so much out of largesse but as a convenience and a safety measure to their travels for sports. Even though we checked social media and we constantly cautioned our children regarding what they posted would live forever; what we did not recognize was what they were consuming.

As they have come into young adulthood and we have experienced their political positions over the last two years it has become terribly obvious that after they left our home and probably before their views had diverged far from what we tried to teach them.

Having given do consideration and performed at least a modicum of research I am thoroughly convinced that the enemies of freedom and liberty and most of all individualism found their greatest dream in the social media platforms that are technologists built. What had taken our enemies decades to accomplish through infiltration of the college education systems and media could be accelerated exponentially via social media.

My children appear to have been captured all too thoroughly by the TDS. Worse they do not see the dichotomy between the life that they have lived iand the fruits of their parents labor they have experienced; in the political collectivist and redistributionist positions they now claim to hold. These were not positions that our children were taught within their home. Our choice of school system and community was careful and was largely based upon a affluent, conservative, and education focused community and school system. We truly believed the metrics supported our decision that the community we chose met our criteria. My wife and many others expended many hours in the school system in voluntary support of the education system. We really did not see degradation until the early 2000s. The degradation in the school systems educational approach and standards was subtle from our perspective.

I am confident however that the far greater impact was social media. And it is not just our youth. I don't do the major social media platforms but my wife does. She has now had to unfriend local acquaintances due to their TDS post calling for the canceling of anyone who had supported President Trump.

In the absence of an event which would cause Americans to rally around their constitution I fear the nation is lost. At least the nation that actually aspired to attain the unattainable ideals within the Constitution of the United States of America. There are far too many of our citizens who simply do not have an understanding nor do they care what the founding principles of this nation were. They will however believe whatever they are fed by the algorithms of the social media platforms. They will gladly allow themselves to be manipulated and controlled for the endorphin hit that they get from a " like ".

While some of us in the United States would scoffed at China's social media credit system, we did not recognize that our enemies were functionally getting us to do the same thing to ourselves.

We have been attacked, we should be rallying around our nation's most basic ideals and principles. Instead we have some of the most powerful and wealthy businesses and individuals in our nation who only exist because of the freedom and opportunity that was once America, having now turned on that which permitted them to come into existence and grow and seek to destroy that freedom and opportunity.

I found nothing so offensive on January 6th than to see the elected representatives of the people cowering from those who they serve. I do not know of a single representative or senator who went out to address the crowd prior to the breach of the capital. They cowered within their chamber unable to complete the simple task of ensuring equal protection before the law for all citizens. All but a few all too happy to put a final stamp on a questionable election while tens of thousands of their masters called for them to protect the principles of the nation. To add insult to injury they reconvened in the dead of night like thieves sneaking through the community to steal from their neighbors.
    So well stated, and what most of us are feeling right now. Today it is social media cancelling accounts. Tomorrow it will be banks and your financial assets. It will not stop until and unless we stop it ourselves. Divest from anything that enriches them. Cancel any and all social media platforms. Give up Apple products, Google Androids, leave Fakebook Twatter Snap chat and whatever else you can live without. We lived without all these things and life was good. I pray we can get back to those times before they are wiped from history.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

At least the ACLU has sense enough to understand that what can be done to others can be done to them even if it does chap their asses to have to travel the same path with Trump.

Top Bottom