• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    We have recently purchased the entire inventory of ammunition from AmmoReloading.com. I have also worked out a deal to purchase the remainder of their inventory (mostly bullets and brass) at a later time as soon as I can work out the logistics of transportation.

We now have significantly more ammunition inventory than I can fit on the shelves. Not only that, but my storage vault is filling up as well. We will be working to reorganize again in hopes of being able to display this massive amount of munitions. I'm still planning to knock out a couple walls and expand sometime in the future as well but now that we are back to doing gun shows every weekend, it will be difficult to find the time to accomplish this.

If you are looking for something that you don't see on the shelves, ask me if I have it in storage. We acquired several calibers that are rarely seen on shelves in this purchase!

dan1001s

Plinker
    Jun 24, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    How’s it going Brian and congrats on your acquisition. I’m looking for price/availability on:
    250 or 1000 ea 9mm 115 gr fmj for my fx-9
    250 ea #3 for my Remington 870 Express.
    I live in Ft Wayne IN. My name is Dan Sims. Thx

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    How’s it going Brian and congrats on your acquisition. I’m looking for price/availability on:
    250 or 1000 ea 9mm 115 gr fmj for my fx-9
    250 ea #3 for my Remington 870 Express.
    I live in Ft Wayne IN. My name is Dan Sims. Thx

Much of the inventory I acquired in the buyout has already sold out.
    I think I only have a few boxes of 115 grain 9mm on the shelf and they may have sold it in the afternoon after I left the store. They are/were $16.83 plus tax per box of 50.
    I'll have some Federal Syntech 150 gr coming in Thursday (I think it will be 20.57 plus tax), June 25th but I don't have anyplace I can find 115 gr right now. I'm supposed to have a pallet of Federal American Eagle coming in around mid July that I've had on back order for some time. It's either 115 or 124 gr (I think it's 115 gr) but honestly I can't remember. Ammunition has been coming and going so fast my head is spinning.
    I'm assuming your 870 is a 12 ga? I don't have any #3 in stock, but I have 7.5, 8, 4 buck and 00 buck in stock by various manufacturers. Everything else is sold out.

We will have a gun show in South Bend on July 18th and 19th. I have a truck with several pallets of assorted ammunition and reloading components coming in the week before that, so I should be about as well stocked at that show as I'm likely to be for the foreseeable future. All of my distributors are completely sold out of common calibers. If it's anything like other shows have been recently, you should try to get there early Saturday morning because I've been selling out of many items in the first couple hours of the show. Pretty much everything I'm getting now is what I've had on back order for months and is much more expensive than normal.

Unfortunately, I think this shortage will likely last well into next year but I could be wrong.

dan1001s

Plinker
    Jun 24, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    I will take 4 boxes if still available. Let me know!

I will take 4 boxes if available. Let me know!

Much of the inventory I acquired in the buyout has already sold out.
    I think I only have a few boxes of 115 grain 9mm on the shelf and they may have sold it in the afternoon after I left the store. They are/were $16.83 plus tax per box of 50.
    I'll have some Federal Syntech 150 gr coming in Thursday (I think it will be 20.57 plus tax), June 25th but I don't have anyplace I can find 115 gr right now. I'm supposed to have a pallet of Federal American Eagle coming in around mid July that I've had on back order for some time. It's either 115 or 124 gr (I think it's 115 gr) but honestly I can't remember. Ammunition has been coming and going so fast my head is spinning.
    I'm assuming your 870 is a 12 ga? I don't have any #3 in stock, but I have 7.5, 8, 4 buck and 00 buck in stock by various manufacturers. Everything else is sold out.

We will have a gun show in South Bend on July 18th and 19th. I have a truck with several pallets of assorted ammunition and reloading components coming in the week before that, so I should be about as well stocked at that show as I'm likely to be for the foreseeable future. All of my distributors are completely sold out of common calibers. If it's anything like other shows have been recently, you should try to get there early Saturday morning because I've been selling out of many items in the first couple hours of the show. Pretty much everything I'm getting now is what I've had on back order for months and is much more expensive than normal.

Unfortunately, I think this shortage will likely last well into next year but I could be wrong.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I will take 4 boxes if available. Let me know!
    If you're talking about the 115gr 9mm, we were sold at the store. I found 3 boxes in the gun show inventory that somehow didn't get sold last weekend. I can leave them at the store next week with your name on them if you want.

dan1001s

Plinker
    Jun 24, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    Hello Brian, i managed to get a case of 9mm locally so all good right now. Appreciate the help.

QUOTE=Brian's Surplus;8346128]If you're talking about the 115gr 9mm, we were sold at the store. I found 3 boxes in the gun show inventory that somehow didn't get sold last weekend. I can leave them at the store next week with your name on them if you want.[/QUOTE]

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    6.8 SPC? Loaded or components.
    will you be at the Stout Field show this weekend?
    There was some 6.8 SPC in the buyout and I still have some left. I also had some from before. That caliber is a slow mover for me.
    I know I have at least 1 set of Lee dies for 6.8 SPC but I don't think I have any brass or projectiles.
    I will be at the Stout Field show this weekend. Assuming they have the classroom open, I'll be in there. I will have loaded ammo with me, but I usually don't bring dies and components unless Doug isn't at the show. If you need specific reloading components or accessories, let me know and I can bring them for you.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Can you update the Gun Show Calendar on your website -- still has the 2019

2019 had a few Crown Point shows -- will you be at Crown Point 7-11/12 ?

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Can you update the Gun Show Calendar on your website -- still has the 2019

2019 had a few Crown Point shows -- will you be at Crown Point 7-11/12 ?
    Sorry, I've been so busy recently I've neglected the website. I'll try to find time to update it, but I have a feeling that some shows may start getting cancelled again in another few weeks...

I WILL be in Crown Point 7/11 and 7/12.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Good news/bad news.

Good news: I have FINALLY acquired the remainder of the inventory from the AmmoReloading.com buyout. This inventory consists mainly of projectiles.

Bad news: My schedule is crazy for the next few weeks. Huge deliveries of ammo, stocking the store, reorganizing the store, gun shows, booth at the Howard County fair, table and chair rentals, mowing, etc, etc. It may be some time before I can get all of it priced and at the store. I'm not even sure where to put it all right now (hence the reorganization of the store). 9mm bullets seem to be in short supply and high demand so I'll try to start with those and some of the other more popular items but it will be at least a couple weeks before I even have time to look at it. If anyone is looking for anything specific that I don't already have at the store, let me know. I'll do my best to try to see if I have it and message you back as my schedule permits.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I finally got a chance to go through some of the projectiles from the buyout and get some of it priced and on the shelf. LOTS of .224 bullets in a variety of different weights and types. Some .380, 9mm, .17, .44, .45, .38, and .308 as well.

We still have lots of powder available, as well as primers. The only primers we are sold out of are small rifle primers. We have some small pistol primers available but have a limit of 300 primers per customer (only on small pistol primers).
    With the exception of a few items that I've had to pay more to replace, prices are the same as they were last year (around 95% of prices on reloading supplies at the store have NOT increased in recent months).

The only primers I can currently replace from distributors are Winchester 209 shotshell primers. They don't expect to get more anytime soon and have even stopped taking backorders on primers. I had a good stockpile early this year but it's starting to dwindle. At this point, I have no idea when I will be able to get more primers when my current stock sells out. I may place limits on other primers as stock gets low.

Top Bottom