• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Makes you wonder how much is going on behind the scenes from all sorts of players that have some benefit from high ammo prices?

Let alone the supply chain issues that are not yet so apparent?

Inflation plays a roll in all purchasing too. Politics...

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I didn't mean to dog pile I knew alot of people at work and on fb that were genuinely surprised at the biden administration's move to ban Russian ammo. Seems like it's killing two birds with one stone getting back at the Russians and gunowners win win for the dems
    I highly doubt that this move by the Biden administration will be of any consequence to the Russian government. It's an attack on gun owners and the entire shooting sports industry, plain and simple.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I just need more primers, my supply won't last for years. Plenty of brass, powder, and bullets. I have primers for what I have on hand to load, but the supply will exhaust itself in time without replacement.

Edit
    It does seem like the Government gave up on banning firearms so they switched over to stopping ammunition which makes firearms useless, unless you have a bayonet.
    All of my battle rifles have BAYONETS:):

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I highly doubt that this move by the Biden administration will be of any consequence to the Russian government. It's an attack on gun owners and the entire shooting sports industry, plain and simple.

I don't disagree with you on this administration's reasoning behind the ban, but Russia will certainly feel it to some extent. Blocking +/- a billion rounds of ammo from entering the U.S. every single year has got to leave some kind of mark.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    The rush already happened black powder revolvers and bullets disappeared really quick, they are showing up but at a snails pace
    I was about to say the same thing. We still have black powder revolvers and rifles in stock, but I can't replace them currently. I probably have less than 20 revolvers left. Pyrodex is getting difficult to keep on the shelf as well.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Is he related to the old 'bicycle gun' Quackenbush family?
    No clue.
    I have no affiliation with the company.
    I just saw their ad a few years ago and have been trying not to justify a purchase.
    It's getting harder to resist all the time.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    No clue.
    I have no affiliation with the company.
    I just saw their ad a few years ago and have been trying not to justify a purchase.
    It's getting harder to resist all the time.
    I tried for years to get on his waiting list for a build. I gave up and went with other manufacturers of PCP airguns. Now I have several. With my own pump and cast boolits, I have cheap and inflation-proof shooting. And an airgun that will send a 230gr .45 at 650fps...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I tried for years to get on his waiting list for a build. I gave up and went with other manufacturers of PCP airguns. Now I have several. With my own pump and cast boolits, I have cheap and inflation-proof shooting. And an airgun that will send a 230gr .45 at 650fps...
    I've actually been looking at a few airguns...for acquiring mid-afternoon snacks!
    They're a lotta fun and very cheap to shoot!

Last edited:

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Putting this up as a stand alone. Tangentiality tied to the potential ammo Issue
    I was on another forum and this was posted...
    last great shortage found me at Powder Valley. XXX & I were in Kansas to visit . We drove by just to visit the place & pick up a few things they had in stock. This was a time when nearly all powder was on back order. These two trucks were being unloaded. Both were full of powder. I was told every jug of it would be used to fill back orders.

MrMunster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    He informed me to get all the ammo I need before Nov 10th this year. There is a major pricing increase in store as well as decreased availability.
    Who needs to buy ammo when your friends manufacture bullets!? (Provided you have primers and powder on hand...)

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Another plus to airguns are mufflers and giggle switches are legal! Ive been looing at getting a full auto .22 as you can legally own one as a firearm, but you can with a air rifle plus itll be cheaper to feed

Top Bottom