• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    You can all take this or leave it, it is up to you, but I feel I need to pass this along to my fellow gun owners so you can keep informed.

This is not coming from me but from someone 'in the know' who has made a life in the firearms industry.

He informed me to get all the ammo I need before Nov 10th this year. There is a major pricing increase in store as well as decreased availability.

I have tried to give warnings from him in the past only to be told what an idiot I was, but this friend isn't guessing and has been spot on for all the past instances. Dec 2019 for example, also the shortage/allotment of 9mm and 5.56.

For all those who are waiting for ammo to go down to the 'good old days' pricing, I am afraid what you see is what you get. But it is your choice.

I would want to be told if I were in the dark. I feel it is my part as a watchman to tell you, do with it as you see fit...

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Is your friend The Firearm Blog? This info is public knowledge and has been out there since at least August 18:

Too bad your friend missed the Russian ammo ban in his crystal ball.

kalashnikovfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    Henry County
    Is your friend The Firearm Blog? This info is public knowledge and has been out there since at least August 18:

Too bad your friend missed the Russian ammo ban in his crystal ball.
    I am honestly surprised anyone wouldn't expect the biden administration to go after russian made ammo. I feel like we all knew it was coming eventually

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Not related to the ammo thing, but our own Indiucky, who owns a gun store in Clarksville, In. is closing down, he said because all the crap from the gubment, sad to see, he had a great boring old farts store, go in and talk about guns and such, I wish I'd had bought more stuff from him, great guy, even if he is "a thread killing historian"............Gotta get on that ammo buying binge now....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not related to the ammo thing, but our own Indiucky, who owns a gun store in Clarksville, In. is closing down, he said because all the crap from the gubment, sad to see, he had a great boring old farts store, go in and talk about guns and such, I wish I'd had bought more stuff from him, great guy, even if he is "a thread killing historian"............Gotta get on that ammo buying binge now....
    Oh man, I'm sorry to hear this! But I do know that he was having trouble getting stock to sell. I bought a few guns from him and loved just hanging out and shooting the breeze. Whenever I went, I usually planned on staying for at least a couple of hours.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Hate to hear that. Rick is a good guy. I'm afraid with all the BS going on it's the little guys that are going to suffer the most.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Cabelas in Noblesville was stocked silly with .223 and 5.56 ammo this afternoon. But at $12.95/20 for Winchester I passed.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Same reason McDonald's Gun Shop in Marion closed down. Could not get any stock. The distributors have moved to focusing on the big-box stores due to higher sales volume.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Same reason McDonald's Gun Shop in Marion closed down. Could not get any stock. The distributors have moved to focusing on the big-box stores due to higher sales volume.
    Obviously not paying attention to Wal-Mart.
    There are 3 stores in Lafayette and West Lafayette and I will bet they don't have a half dozen total boxes between the three stores.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Obviously not paying attention to Wal-Mart.
    There are 3 stores in Lafayette and West Lafayette and I will bet they don't have a half dozen total boxes between the three stores.
    Wally World seems to be following the brain damaged scheme adopted by Dicks Sporting Goods. Only exception is the random bipolar nature in which some stores carry firearms and ammo, and some don't. It has gotten to the point that I never go there anymore.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just need more primers, my supply won't last for years. Plenty of brass, powder, and bullets. I have primers for what I have on hand to load, but the supply will exhaust itself in time without replacement.

Edit
    It does seem like the Government gave up on banning firearms so they switched over to stopping ammunition which makes firearms useless, unless you have a bayonet.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I picked up 2 200 rd boxes of WWB 9mm 115 gr FMJ today at the Rural King in Martinsville for $69.99 each. $0.35 per round.

I only stopped in because I was going shooting with some friends and I forgot my earpro.

Top Bottom