Ammo Shortage Pandemic Drills #1 - Carbine and Pistol Transition Skills - Master Class Ep. 22

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I watched that yesterday. It was pretty good and something I should work in every couple of weeks. I haven't been working my carbine much the last couple of years and with the ammo drought lately it has been even less.

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    It's one reason I bought a Tippman M-4 22.
    Yes, I have a S&W M&P 15-22 that I shoot occasionally but I don't have it set up like the rest of my AR's. The wife and daughter like shooting it.

A couple of shooting buddies and I shot the drill today. We did it 3 times. It was fun and worthwhile.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    I am going to try this next time at the range-- Got my 15-22, and GSG 1911-22. 22 ammo is cheap and easy, and I have plenty of it. ... ' stand by,,, again'.

Kneedeep87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2021
    Fort wayne
    Disclosure I didn't watch the video so...yeah.. if I'm repeating the videos thoughts, I'm sorry. In my opinion if you have little ammo, draw shoot holster with the pistol and ready position shoot back to ready is the best thing to do due to the fact that the first shot/shots(if you choose to shoot a couple here and there) are the most important shots you take. Do it around barricades over, under, standing, knee, lay, left and right. Still one shot at a time. Maybe 2 shots on 2 targets(gets you a little target transition practice) Makes your ammo last a lot longer and are very important skills to add to your tactics. People are mentioning .22 so I'll say I only use .22 for plinking unless the gun is identical to my main guns. Ie I use a Glock .22 that is identical to my 19 (like the ar-15 .22 mentioned above) and I only use it to try to concrete in my trigger control and basic motor functions( grip draw clear etc.) These were all thoughts on training not plinking. I plink off my 10/22 all the time and it's glorious so..

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for the link, it was a good watch. I have a question about technique. The guy in this video does this slow side to side glance at the end of the drill that I have seen in several other videos as well. I assume this is just to train you to be situationally aware or to break your tunnel vision but I haven't had anyone teach this in the few courses I have been to. Is that pretty common?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Thanks for the link, it was a good watch. I have a question about technique. The guy in this video does this slow side to side glance at the end of the drill that I have seen in several other videos as well. I assume this is just to train you to be situationally aware or to break your tunnel vision but I haven't had anyone teach this in the few courses I have been to. Is that pretty common?
    You're correct in that the side to side and rearward scans are tied into situational awareness. It's a secondary threat assessment after the primary problem is addressed. Basically, is there anyone or anything else that still might need to be shot?

It's fairly common in classes focused specifically on defensive firearms use. Probably not as much in basic classes or anything just focused on safety and mechanics of shooting.

Top Bottom