• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    One of the shops in Muncie had 9mm JHP box of 50 for $74.99. Uhh.. not in this lifetime.
    No doubt.
    Here's some Federal Hi-Shok 115gr jhp for $25 per box. Free shipping over $100

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    No doubt.
    Here's some Federal Hi-Shok 115gr jhp for $25 per box. Free shipping over $100

Far more reasonable. For now I reload most of my 9mm. May come a time when I'll have to buy factory 9mm because of primer unavailable.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I definitely see pricing coming down now.
    I see shelves stocked in stores, and local gun shops again.
    I now I'm starting to see prices dropping overall mainly on internet stores, but I'm seeing it in local stores as well, but not at the rate the online stores are dropping prices.

Hopefully we will see primers coming in stock, and getting closer to the older prices now that it looks like they are catching up on demand finally.

I'm happy to see the prices dropping finally.

Swcalvert1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2023
    Morristown
    I stopped by two of my LGSs yesterday. Both had stacks and full shelves/tables of ammo. They are getting deliveries by the case again, instead of a mix of odd boxes, or nothing, within the past week or two.

All of it priced very high, presumably to keep stock on hand until the next delivery.
    I have a couple hundred pounds of lead that I would like to sell but I don't know who to contact or how to go about it. Any help would be great

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a couple hundred pounds of lead that I would like to sell but I don't know who to contact or how to go about it. Any help would be great
    Welcome!

If you want to do it here, you'll need 50 quality posts or pay for site supporter status. (this is primarily a message board, but we do have a classified section as a perk for contributing members)

Take a peek at the rules. They are linked in my signature. If you want to go the site supporter route, take special care to review the third link.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

You need to listen to Cameramonkey, cause he's one of our dedicated staff members. :ingo:

Just to help you out though with your quality post count, I have some questions on your lead for sale...

Kind of lead? Pipe, wheel weights, boat keel, dental, recovered range scrap, etc?

Is it in ingots? How much per pound will you be asking?

:)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You need to listen to Cameramonkey, cause he's one of our dedicated staff members. :ingo:

Just to help you out though with your quality post count, I have some questions on your lead for sale...

Kind of lead? Pipe, wheel weights, boat keel, dental, recovered range scrap, etc?

Is it in ingots? How much per pound will you be asking?

:)
    Dental lead I'm presuming that is from the lead apron they use for xray?

If so how much lead is in one?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Some rifle caliber ammo still remains ridiculously expensive. For instance .45-70 with 405 grain Bullets at $50/box of 20 is indeed ridiculous! Thank God for reloading. Rant done.:rockwoot:

AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    You'll start seeing 45 back in the market soon I'm guessing. I saw multiple cases at Point Blank in Greenwood for a fair price. Of course, you had to be a member, using the range, or buying a gun but it was there. Won't be long before it finds it's way to retail stores without ridiculous obligations.
    45 has pretty low demand. We will easily sell 100-1000x the 9mm to the 45.

22LR we have from $31.90 a brick…Armscor. We have really low prices on most calibers but 45 we aren’t getting deals on.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I've been trying to find some 35 Rem brass and it's going to for $2 per spent casing. It's nuts.

Starline doesn't make it, and I haven't found a reliable method of making it myself.
    I may have sold all my Win new. Know i gave away 70 plus once fired Hornady.

Eh, I got a dozen or so boxes of factory ammo ( Hornady ) and a couple Remington

Aint gonna kill that many deer LOL.

Heard loaded was 60 a box. They want that for just brass? Insane. I wouldnt pay it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Natchez shows 35 rem Hornady ammo in stock at 42 a box.

Dunno what shipping would be as i never order ammo.

Think last time I bought it in a shop, couple boxes to.just fill my ammo can, was 35 and I thought that crazy. Yeah, I sleep under a rock.

I see old Remington pump rifles going crazy on price as well. Always wanted a Grice carbine 7600 in 35 rem. Limited run, used to see em.on GB now and then for 900 used. Guy recently had one like new w box, IIRC......2500 asking price.

Hokey smokes!

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I paid 500 for my well worn '63 760 ADL.
    Thought that high at the time ( 5 or 6.yrs ago). But it shot great so got it.

Have seen newer models selling reasonable, at shops and shows, probably because ammo supply issues. Which may now be going away

Top Bottom