• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    RK in Bedford had a pallet arrive when I was there last week . Clerk said it was the most he's seen in a year. Bulk 223 was plentiful, 9mm too. Bunch of random rifle ammo, 270, 308 etc.. looks promising.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Yeah great prices on the 22 lr there. I have bought a bunch. You won’t find pistol ammo at most Walmart‘s maybe never again, but you should soon find 9mm at sporting and farm supply stores soon. First it will be at the .60 cpr prices and each month it will drop a nickel. With Rem Federal and Winchester pumping it out like mad, at some point it will get to .28 to .39 cpr by year end. Just slowly stock up as the budget allows, no need to bing, and you will wind up with a good cache in about 12 months. Slonsteady.
    9mm target $0.34 online + shipping. Got some a few weeks ago $0.43 with free shipping. My local range now has ammo in stock but still very expensive. Seeing ammo at $0.60 go without bids on gunbroker.
    still hopefull!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just got a email from SG AMMO they have a lot of pistol and rifle ammo in, don't know how long it will last 9mm blazer 369.99 plus ship and tax 1000 round cases
    Now we are getting somewhere. its at least reasonable. ("normal" from folks like them was $299/1000 pre panic for Blazer Brass)

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    Just got a email from SG AMMO they have a lot of pistol and rifle ammo in, don't know how long it will last 9mm blazer 369.99 plus ship and tax 1000 round cases

If you're in southern Indiana near Salem, ammoseek shows that Weapons Pro is selling the same Blazer rounds at $37 per 100. You can save on shipping by picking up.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    World's largest civilian manufacturer, Remington, is back up and running after it's bankruptcy...

This still doesn't do much for idiots trade wars created between 2017-2021, but imports of copper, brass, lead, chemicals to make primers & propellants, and machine parts are starting to trickle back into normalcy...

Transportation is still an issue,
    3 YEARS of imports are stacked up in many of the big customs ports.
    Compliance with ever changing import tariffs & slowdown of government red tape is simply a nightmare to navigate.

Some container delivery companies are giving free container trailers to any truck driver that will sign on, along with bonuses to sign on...
    California has even set aside it's emissions requirements to get the cargo moved out of ports by older trucks (non-DEF) just to move the containers out.

Transportation worker shortages are a big deal, since freight rates aren't going up to get the stuff delivered, and fuel prices shot way up, staying home and collecting government benefits is more profitable than fighting road ragers, traffic jams, malicious compliance with government regulations, ect.

As a manufacturer I got hit REAL hard by materials tariffs, more than 50% in a lot of cases,and that's when I can get anything foreign made...
    My brass roll stock (coiled sheets) have risen by almost 100% and quality has gone straight down the toilet.
    If it's anywhere near useable, you use it knowing full well it's not right and you are going to have the cost of replacing it down the road.

Notice that finished products didn't get tariffs, cheap suits, junk jewelry, Walmart knock-off products didn't get the tariffs, former president's family labeled products are doing just fine,
    It's the manufactures that suffered, and the farmers/agriculture export products that suffered...

Now that fresh food supply chain is down to less than 24 hours from having bare shelves (should be 7 days) you all might be worrying about the wrong thing...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Maybe it's different in other parts of the country, but this is not what I'm seeing here.
    Don't get me wrong, the problem is far from over. The supply chain is empty and there are still lots of backorders to be filled. It's still not easy to get ammo and prices are still a little higher than they should be (a lot higher on some calibers), but things seem to be steadily improving to me. It's certainly much better than it was a year ago!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe it's different in other parts of the country, but this is not what I'm seeing here.
    Don't get me wrong, the problem is far from over. The supply chain is empty and there are still lots of backorders to be filled. It's still not easy to get ammo and prices are still a little higher than they should be (a lot higher on some calibers), but things seem to be steadily improving to me. It's certainly much better than it was a year ago!
    Sorry, I should have added a little context to my post.

I was just reporting what came into my news feed. If you follow politics much, you cannot help but notice that the AP has really fallen into the fake news rut over the last few years. Anything they report has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Hard to speculate on what the AP is trying to accomplish with this article, but for sure there is a strong chance that it is agenda driven.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Here's another site selling the same AP story "as their own." There will likely be countless more.

I don't know what their plan is, but you can bet this isn't an accident. :twocents:

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    Here's another site selling the same AP story "as their own." There will likely be countless more.

I don't know what their plan is, but you can bet this isn't an accident. :twocents:

Thanks for sharing the article. I'm not sure there is a concerted plan, just laziness and incompetence. Organizations are comprised of individuals. The article specifies the reporter who wrote it. Under normal journalistic standards an editor would have flagged the article as being one-sided, needing more leg work to determine all relevant facts. That requires effort and critical thinking.

Top Bottom