• ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Oh, I dunno, maybe NOT 7.5 cpr on bulk .22 ammo! I could see $25, maybe $30 for a 500 box.
    Just my opinion, but with the 15-18% increases from the manufacturers, a 35-40% increase at retail is the new "normal" retail price.

And, don't expect any SALE prices any time in the foreseeable future... maybe black Friday, but prepare for hordes.

Plus, with all the "free" money from the gub'ment, inflation is likely... $35/box may be the "good old days" sooner than one would think.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just my opinion, but with the 15-18% increases from the manufacturers, a 35-40% increase at retail is the new "normal" retail price.

And, don't expect any SALE prices any time in the foreseeable future... maybe black Friday, but prepare for hordes.

Plus, with all the "free" money from the gub'ment, inflation is likely... $35/box may be the "good old days" sooner than one would think.
    THIS. QFT...

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I finally have found some ammo at RK. About $3 higher for a box of 308 than last year, but still under $25. Still no powder or primers anywhere. Well I found some large rifle magnums a couple weeks ago, but paid through the nose to get them. 380s are still outta sight. The only place I saw them wanted $60 for a box of 50 FMJs. Fortunately I just found a hundred rounds while organizing ammo boxes. Still having trouble with 12ga in anything but shorties.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I finally have found some ammo at RK. About $3 higher for a box of 308 than last year, but still under $25. Still no powder or primers anywhere. Well I found some large rifle magnums a couple weeks ago, but paid through the nose to get them. 380s are still outta sight. The only place I saw them wanted $60 for a box of 50 FMJs. Fortunately I just found a hundred rounds while organizing ammo boxes. Still having trouble with 12ga in anything but shorties.
    I haven't seen 12 target ammo in months. We go through about a flat and a half on am average weekend....

Reactions: RCB

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Still having trouble with 12ga in anything but shorties.
    Just picked up a case of 3" Winchester snow goose bb shot at a place called Mack's prairie wings online. Free shipping and had it in 3 days. Wasnt cheap but I've definitely seen worse pricing.

They had quite a variety in stock. Some however had to be purchased in 3 case lots

Reactions: RCB

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Oh, I dunno, maybe NOT 7.5 cpr on bulk .22 ammo! I could see $25, maybe $30 for a 500 box.
    LOL those days are long gone buddy. People are buying plinking 22 LR ammo for 15 cents per round and up right now. You will never see 5 cents per round again. The cheapest place I have seen .22 LR currently is randomly at Walmart. Online you will not find those prices, period. Not to mention wholesale prices are at or above 5 cents per round on .22 LR right now.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Dang! What kind was it? Usually their prices are at least fairly decent.
    Our RKs here in Evansville had some of that... Black box... it was "premium" stuff. Stayed on the shelves forever... might still be on the shelf at the Westside RK AFAIK.

More recently (Friday) they have had Aguila 5.56 62 gr BTHP (not green tip), $24.99 for 50. THAT, I bought.

Spring1898

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 13, 2021
    North of Galveston
    Ammo prices are a cyclical thing, but like everything they always go up in the long run. People are saying the same things now that were being said in 2008-2016.

You have to treat it like the stock market, buy when it is low. If you buy it when it is high, just wait, it will eventually get higher.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Was at Rural King in Muncie last weekend and they had quite a few boxes of Norma TAC-22 22lr and then I seen the price , $8.99 per 50 rounds. Was the first time I passed on buying 22lr since the craziness started.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Yeah, the norma stuff is way overpriced. I dont recall pre pandemic on that stuff but certainly in the last year every time I seen it I've kept on walking. The online reviews I've seen on it were not good either. Definitely not match grade, which I would think is their price point.

Now the Armscor I see there is very reasonable and shoots decent too. Even though it went up from $1.99 to $2.99 for 50 recently, that still aint bad.

Top Bottom