• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Altrex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    Any tips on Indy-area stores where I have a decent shot at finding el cheapo-tier 12ga birdshot? Wally World Estate brand used to be my go-to for cheap blasting ammo but I haven't seen ammo on a Walmart shelf in a year.
    Have you tried the Indianspolis Gun Club near 113th an Olio rd. They usually have a large amount of birdshot loads (7-9 shot) for all the trap/sheet stuff there. Also, last I looked, prices were just slightly over the wall world universal.

Reactions: Ark

999cs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    NWI
    I keep my eye out for deals, but I haven't seen anything. Hopefully the prices will start to come down soon.

Shoot313

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 19, 2021
    Central Indiana
    I’m not really convinced that there is a supply issue. It appears more likely that what the ammo seeking community is experiencing is the same thing that has been done with graphics cards and game consoles. People use bots to purchase everything in stock online within seconds of it getting in stock. Those people are then selling on the secondarily market for double. It’s aweful and the only way to fix it is to go to in store sales only. I believe that is why bass pro and cabelas stopped selling online. They can tell on the back end that the inventory is getting sniped .

Shoot313

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 19, 2021
    Central Indiana
    I’m not really convinced that there is a supply issue. It appears more likely that what the ammo seeking community is experiencing is the same thing that has been done with graphics cards and game consoles. People use bots to purchase everything in stock online within seconds of it getting in stock. Those people are then selling on the secondarily market for double. It’s aweful and the only way to fix it is to go to in store sales only. I believe that is why bass pro and cabelas stopped selling online. They can tell on the back end that the inventory is getting sniped .
    My thoughts exactly!!! Scalpers and hoarders have the market upside down. The current prices will eliminate the scalpers.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    My advice for the near future if you need it sick up on it prices are down 9mm is down in price , 380 is still very expensive if you can find it, seeing 38 spcl and 357 mag online and becoming cheaper, seeing lots of 223 for .50 or little less. power an primers are more expensive may come to a point it is cheaper to buy than reload. just my thoughts on the times! I learned years go to take advantage of sales , stocked up on 9mm,40 s&w,45acp, 9x18 and 7.62x25 also. Rifle in 7mm mauser,308,30 06,6.5x55 are all stocked as well. Reloading supplies were stocked well for pistol and rifle too. only thing i could use would be shotgun shells as i don't have a large stock of those.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    $35.99 Bedford. 30 or so boxes left. Rural King.

7ee0a5c7ba2b45791942d898f9b0f28d.jpg

Last edited:

Franc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    Fishers, IN
    Went to Cabela's Sunday and they are stocked full of 223. I guess the glut maybe coming soon as everyone I know who needs 223 had splurged already and are now sitting on thousands of rounds.

Franc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    Fishers, IN
    With primers being 10 cents a piece, bullet being 14 cents, brass if new 35 cents, plus powder and your time, 39 cents per round is really not bad.

Shoot313

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 19, 2021
    Central Indiana
    With primers being 10 cents a piece, bullet being 14 cents, brass if new 35 cents, plus powder and your time, 39 cents per round is really not bad.
    I don’t reload and didn’t realize that stuff went up too. Quit buying it and watch the price go down. I have other hobbies I’ve been doing, fishing etc… I’m not a big fan at 40 to 50 cents a trigger pull. Americans are being played/manipulated with these shortages. It’s not just ammo.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Was told to go on home for a week at the start of the plandemic and I purchased ammo all the way home figuring it was never going to be cheaper than it was then. Wife was a bit off the hook but that happens to us all.

Shot a bit over that time but mainly just do 22 rimfire for now. Not going to buy outrageous priced ammo. I make sure things hit where they are aimed and place the rest in storage for now.

Shoot313

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 19, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Was told to go on home for a week at the start of the plandemic and I purchased ammo all the way home figuring it was never going to be cheaper than it was then. Wife was a bit off the hook but that happens to us all.

Shot a bit over that time but mainly just do 22 rimfire for now. Not going to buy outrageous priced ammo. I make sure things hit where they are aimed and place the rest in storage for now.
    I feel like we need to educate new gun owners. Some of these retailers are flat out crooks. I fell for the hype. Before the “shortage” I had a few hundred rounds per gun. I got carried away knowing prices were gonna go up bcuz of hoarders and scalpers buying it up. I’ve got thousands of rounds per caliber mainly prepandemic prices. In a sense, I was part of the problem. Scalpers and hoarders ruined the market. I’m a hoarder lol

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I feel like we need to educate new gun owners. Some of these retailers are flat out crooks. I fell for the hype. Before the “shortage” I had a few hundred rounds per gun. I got carried away knowing prices were gonna go up bcuz of hoarders and scalpers buying it up. I’ve got thousands of rounds per caliber mainly prepandemic prices. In a sense, I was part of the problem. Scalpers and hoarders ruined the market. I’m a hoarder lol
    Vista Outdoors and Olin (the two main ammo manufacturers in the U.S.) both announced that they would be raising their prices like 15 or 20% at the beginning of this month awhile back I believe. I know it was discussed here on INGO some time ago.

Top Bottom