• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Now the Armscor I see there is very reasonable and shoots decent too. Even though it went up from $1.99 to $2.99 for 50 recently, that still aint bad.
    Yeah I picked up a couple boxes of the stuff a few months back for $1.99 and shot one of my best targets ever with my Single Six. I was really impressed.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    Our RKs here in Evansville had some of that... Black box... it was "premium" stuff. Stayed on the shelves forever... might still be on the shelf at the Westside RK AFAIK.

More recently (Friday) they have had Aguila 5.56 62 gr BTHP (not green tip), $24.99 for 50. THAT, I bought.
    I stopped in the Logansport RK today and they had the "premium" black box stuff for 46.99. They didn't have anything for 24.99.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Case prices online look to be falling... now 51 cpr:

Cheapest price I have seen in a while and still be in stock. Wholesale cost on that ammo is about 30 cents per round right now so they're making about 21 cents per round. That is assuming they aren't getting a better rate than standard wholesale costs right now. Still making a lot more money on it than they did pre-covid. A LOT.

goldsmithr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Really only "need" one caliber right now. Have everything to reload it except primers!
    A few outfits have primers, but at outlandish prices ("we've got it, and you want it"...)Saw some from an outfit in Boston Mass., plenty , but mega priced. Oh well, there's always Flints, 4fg, 3fg.? .......

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Can't say it's coming down yet. But there is definitely more ammo on the shelves now than in the past. Maybe by next year I might actually buy some factory made ammo.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Ours stopped selling handgun ammunition a while ago but still sells “rifle” ammo.
    I have seen some shotgun , but I think they quit that too when it sold out.
    walmart sux’s anyway treat there employees like :poop: ! Plus wal mart is very anti union .
    We use Payless or Kroger .

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I can tell you that it’s still extremely crazy. Dealers are buying Tula 9mm 50 round boxes for $22.99 “wholesale price” that literally dropped yesterday and sold out by the end of the day. How stupid crazy is that? Every sales rep I talk to says there is no end in sight, maybe calmed down a bit after the midterm election or general election.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I'm at Scheels in Reno. CCI 450 primers for $45/k. I'm pretty well stocked, so I passed. They also had a lot of CCI shorts, 22 SV, and mini mags at reasonable prices.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I`d love to see more rifle ammo on the shelves, but it`s not even available online much less on the shelves. And I haven`t seen lower prices, just the opposite for whatever you can find.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I`d love to see more rifle ammo on the shelves, but it`s not even available online much less on the shelves. And I haven`t seen lower prices, just the opposite for whatever you can find.
    I'm seeing the common rifle calibers in stock online all over the place. Steel cased is readily available. 223 (.50cpr), 7.62×39 (.35cpr), 308 (.80-.90cpr), etc. Plenty of brass cased too, but obviously higher priced. Prices have definitely come down from the peak, but still way more than I'm willing to pay

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I'm seeing the common rifle calibers in stock online all over the place. Steel cased is readily available. 223 (.50cpr), 7.62×39 (.35cpr), 308 (.80-.90cpr), etc. Plenty of brass cased too, but obviously higher priced. Prices have definitely come down from the peak, but still way more than I'm willing to pay
    I was only recently looking for the Winchester Deer Season in .30-06, 150 grain, and it`s NOWHERE to be found. Unless, you want to go to Gunbroker and pay ridiculous prices plus even more ridiculous shipping. Other than that, it`s all just like before...

JasonCountry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    West Lafayette
    CCI, Federal, and Sig are having decent ammo drops on their websites this last week or so. For CCI I have some mini mags, sv, blazer, and a couple others coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I was only recently looking for the Winchester Deer Season in .30-06, 150 grain, and it`s NOWHERE to be found. Unless, you want to go to Gunbroker and pay ridiculous prices plus even more ridiculous shipping. Other than that, it`s all just like before...
    Yeah. The "hunting" calibers like 30-06 and 300 winmag, etc are definitely harder to find and more expensive when you do. I believe the manufacturers really aren't producing it as much and gearing more towards standard/popular calibers like 223 and 308

Top Bottom