• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    No kiddin. That would make more sense on the price of em though. But who wants 1200 tracer rounds?

giphy.gif

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    CCI 500s on midway went form 59.99 on 4/12/2021 (which is an increase from earlier this year), to 74.99 today. This is per 100. I paid $107 shipped for 1000 primers. YUCK. Still significantly cheaper than factory loaded though and thats why i will continue to buy. Figured id share my observation.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I keep watching 6.5grendel go thru the roof. I have an ar that loves the wolf steel cased ammo. Use to pay $6 a box of 20, or .30cpr. Cheapest on ammoseek now is $2.50 per round

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Prices won't come down much further if at all. The government has created a colossal mess. We're seeing massive inflation happening in real time. Used car prices are up 40%. People cannot afford to buy a home because home prices are up dramatically. No one is willing to work at current wages. Once all the government free money stops flowing we're going to have massive evictions and riots as people will no longer be able to survive.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Prices won't come down much further if at all. The government has created a colossal mess. We're seeing massive inflation happening in real time. Used car prices are up 40%. People cannot afford to buy a home because home prices are up dramatically. No one is willing to work at current wages. Once all the government free money stops flowing we're going to have massive evictions and riots as people will no longer be able to survive.
    I gotta agree...the commodity price of copper continues to rise.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    It is possible that bartering amongst other INGO members might be the best/only way to get what we need in the future. I hope it doesn’t get that bad.

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    The point about potential inflation is well-taken. We haven't seen anything resembling inflation in decades but never say never. May be part of post-corona adjustment aches and resolve itself.

As to 9mm ammo, I think prices have steadily come down. I'd be surprised if we're not down to 30-40 cpr in a few months. Then again I've been surprised one too many times in recent months to put much value in predictions.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    The point about potential inflation is well-taken. We haven't seen anything resembling inflation in decades but never say never. May be part of post-corona adjustment aches and resolve itself.

As to 9mm ammo, I think prices have steadily come down. I'd be surprised if we're not down to 30-40 cpr in a few months. Then again I've been surprised one too many times in recent months to put much value in predictions.
    I don't think 9mm will fall below around 50-55 cents per round because that's what Vista is setting the price at and they own CCI, SPEER, Federal, & Remington. That leaves Winchester and the imports to sell below that if they choose to but I don't think they will.

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    I don't think 9mm will fall below around 50-55 cents per round because that's what Vista is setting the price at and they own CCI, SPEER, Federal, & Remington. That leaves Winchester and the imports to sell below that if they choose to but I don't think they will.

Could be. I just think there is excess volume that will hit the flood gates once the "let's keep prices high" wall cracks. In the long run market forces will prevail. Price gouging is not illegal but not sustainable in the long run.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Could be. I just think there is excess volume that will hit the flood gates once the "let's keep prices high" wall cracks. In the long run market forces will prevail. Price gouging is not illegal but not sustainable in the long run.
    If prices were to drop that much and that quickly (35cpr 9mm in the next 2mos) then ammo buying would hit an all new frenzy which will cause another "shortage"*. I think it's going to be a vicious cycle like that the rest of this year (if things stay relatively calm).

(*if 9mm hit 30cpr in the next few months would you buy a case? So would everyone else)

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    If prices were to drop that much and that quickly (35cpr 9mm in the next 2mos) then ammo buying would hit an all new frenzy which will cause another "shortage"*. I think it's going to be a vicious cycle like that the rest of this year (if things stay relatively calm).

(*if 9mm hit 30cpr in the next few months would you buy a case? So would everyone else)
    Paid 35 a round the other day was wwb nothing special but at that price a picked up a box.

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette

Another possibility is that prices will drop to pre-covid levels plus some adjustment for inflation/elevated material cost. The reason being when expectations are that prices will go up, there is a tendency to buy before they go up. That's the trajectory we've been on in recent months.

Conversely, when expectation is that prices will go down then the tendency is to wait until prices further drop. These self-reinforcing factors lead to peaks and valleys which we have seen historically for ammo prices. It would be odd if something were fundamentally different this time around. Then again we live in very odd times.

Top Bottom