• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    He said "MOST" and I have to agree.
    Sit in this chair for a few days. You will see what we see.
    He said "MOST" and I have to agree.
    Sit in this chair for a few days. You will see what we see.
    I'm only here for the community.... Never sold or brought anything. Just takes me a while to warm up..lol

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I guess when you’re new to shooting or guns, the cost of ammo is ok cause that’s all they know is the cost they are paying now , so buy all you can I guess !? But when your setting on ammo and don’t need any it is kind of crazy to see.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    If people don't have what they want/need, they will beg, borrow, steal, or kill to get it. I know of people in our group that are getting supplies at gun shops and price gouging with there listings in the classifieds. But then, who am I? Anyone with a brain can spot them.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    If people don't have what they want/need, they will beg, borrow, steal, or kill to get it. I know of people in our group that are getting supplies at gun shops and price gouging with there listings in the classifieds. But then, who am I? Anyone with a brain can spot them.
    In regards to the first sentence of your post, the people that do have those things just might also have the means to keep them.

Let yourself get caught short and you are at the mercy of the "market". Applies to all of the things you may "want/need". Unfortunately, the world devolved into lust for money a long time ago.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am amused at the sellers in the classy's who awkwardly "explain" their pricing with comparisons to gunbroker.
    By definition those here are more informed and generally more prepared than most. With 10 million new gun owners, most likely used to just getting what they want on Amazon, gunbroker likely seems normal...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    By definition those here are more informed and generally more prepared than most. With 10 million new gun owners, most likely used to just getting what they want on Amazon, gunbroker likely seems normal...
    I'm not knocking anyone, just observing. Some obviously have either guilt or something that needs justification by "some explanation" for their high pricing?

Quite honestly, if I have a slow spell with work, I'll be evaluating whether whatever I might have in stock is worth more to sell than keep.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Buyer seller market for now. If you're buying, hope it's cheap. Seller, hope it high.
    At auction I've seen a 100 pk of CCI 22's go for $20. Remington 22's 550 box for $22. Winchester 100 pk of 20 gauge 7 1/2's go for $35. 243 and 270 at $6 for a 20 pack. 308 20 pk at $40. Add 10% buyer's premium, 7% tax, if you pay by card add another 3.95%.
    If you reload I hope you can do more than 2 sleeves of primers.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Don't know if anyone is interested but I just picked up a case of 9MM at Parabellum for $729 +TAX.. They said they had about 30 cases they were going to put on the block. It's not cheap but cheaper than the last time I checked Gunbroker and considering the current ammo situation I thought it was acceptable.. YYMV

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Don't know if anyone is interested but I just picked up a case of 9MM at Parabellum for $729 +TAX.. They said they had about 30 cases they were going to put on the block. It's not cheap but cheaper than the last time I checked Gunbroker and considering the current ammo situation I thought it was acceptable.. YYMV
    That's a ridiculous price. I picked up a case (1000 rounds) of Blazer Brass 9mm from Shoot Point Blank in Greenwood last week for $559 out the door.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    That's a ridiculous price. I picked up a case (1000 rounds) of Blazer Brass 9mm from Shoot Point Blank in Greenwood last week for $559 out the door.
    That's great but I think that supply is dry now. I was just commenting it was a better price than I could find on Gunbroker finishing in the last couple of days. don't shoot the messenger

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Online and local prices regularly posted in this thread:

Top Bottom