• ...and so much more!
  • Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Soon it will be barterville,
    I'd prefer to think soon it'll be Bartertown.
    giphy.gif

Bass Pro in Portage this past Saturday $10.99 a box.
    View attachment 122858
    How were they on 9mm? I can't make it there during the week and figured the shelves would be barren on the weekend.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    Funny part is most people just walked by, looked, shook their heads and kept going. I stood there for 20-30 minutes talking to a friend I ran in to and even though the gun dept. was busy only 3 or 4 people actually picked any up.
    I do notice on Armslist a lot of ammo for sale in the northern part of the state. This is probably where they're getting it.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    How much does it cost in fuel and time searching out pre-pandemic priced ammunition? Now you can see why some people would pay $1 per round and be done with it. Sure you can find pre-pandemic priced ammunition from time to time but it is going to be few and far between compared to the sheer number of people out looking for their preferred caliber.

In mid of 2020 I had 300 rounds of 45 ACP I decided to sell. I listed it little too high for most people but I was also looking at the price for 300 rounds of 9mm. I had one guy contacting me because he said my price was too high and what deal could I give him if he took all of it? He never bought it but he was probably trying to get me to budge so he could resell at a nice profit.

Like several people have said already, if you sell way below market value, what would your replacement cost for ammunition would be if you had to go out and buy it today? Plus, people who resell at gun shows and gun shops would probably be the ones who would buy whatever you are selling since they are continually scouring the Internet in search of cheap product.

The people who truly need 200-300 rounds of 9mm are willing to pay $1 per round to get it. The ones who want 3000-4000 rounds don't want to pay $1 per round to get it and are the most vocal about price gouging. They missed on buying it low 2-3 years ago and want that same pricing today. However, if you were to sell low(unless we are talking about someone you know and want to give a deal to), you are only hurting yourself because someone else will walk away with the profit that you would need to replace whatever you sold.

I have a stash of primers that I wouldn't mind selling to fund other things. My problem is that I see the current market for primers and the price I am willing sell them for keeps going up. Am I a price-gouger? Maybe to some people but I don't want to get burned when I go to replace what I did sell. Otherwise, what would be the point of buying low and selling high? Or, buying in times of low demand to sell during times of extreme demand?

Horsetrader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2021
    Northern indiana
    Everyone is wanting to get into carrying right now, but what good is it to carry a gun without ammo. Right now my gun shop near me will only sell two boxes with a purchase of a gun. Says he turns about 25 people away every day that just wants ammo. His shelves are empty. What ammo he gets he saves for the guns he sales, rest are out of luck right now. The bad thing is that most people don’t think the price is ever going down. Good luck buying ammo

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The market for .223 is about $10.99 to $11.99 a box of 20 that’s puts ammo at .54 to .64 a rd and people are selling for $1.20 or $1.30 a rd for box of 20 ! So what is market price ?

If you do not understand which is a market price and which is a manufacturing cost plus profit price,(supply price) you have a lot to learn. The supply price can be parallel to the market price or different. The supply price was likely higher or even relative to the market price in 2018, now the supply price is far lower than the market value because supply cannot keep up with demand.

There is NO confusion here the market price is at least $1...

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Echoing what's been said upthead: it's one thing to "donate" ammo at below market value to a new gun owner but why is an established gun owner entitled to my ammo at once-upon-a-time prices? Ammo is a "consumable" and you might not be able to replace it in today's market. My stock wasn't 50K deep/caliber and I've had to replenish and ration what I've got. At some point that applies to sellers too, so I haven't whined about prices

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Local hardware store has figured out a way of cutting out the gougers. $99 for 250 rounds of off name .22 ammo. They have plenty on the shelves.

This is the correct way to defeat the flippers!

If manufacturers and retailers price at somewhere in the 75-80% of market value they eliminate the majority of the profits from flipping and the average consumer gets a better deal in the end.

If a retailer puts out .22 at $10 a flipper can get $20 at a show or online. If the retail price is $16.50 the consumer likely can buy it at the store as needed.

Horsetrader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2021
    Northern indiana
    I wonder how long it will be before kids will be stealing wheel weights off your car to melt down for their reloads? Is this the next Catalytic converter at the junk yards? Lol They use to give wheel weights away, not anymore. Nothing is getting cheaper. Get what you need and share the rest with friends.

Top Bottom