• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    If I sell ammo in this market to purchase something else in this market..... Why would I not sell it at market price? This is a fair question. Yes the market sucks, but it only sucks if you didn't buy it when you should have....

Would you feel the same if you bought amazon stock 5 years ago?
    Amazon stock is a investment, if your buying ammo just to resell then you are no better then the ones who are doing just that ! If your going out and buying ammo at $10.00 a box of 20 and coming here to sell for $1.20 or $1.30 a rd then you are not a true member your out to gouge the community ! That’s my take , like it or not .

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    This is a gun community , not the stock market . If you are buying gold ,silver or stocks as a investment. Thats great do it ! But your going to rural king to buy all the ammo just to come here to make a buck that’s wrong . That’s not what INGO is about or why I am here. Take that crap else where. I may be wrong the members here may agree that’s it’s ok to gouge each other ? If that’s the case then I am at the wrong place.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    If you have the ammo, at what price point will you consider selling it?
    If you don't have ammo....there's this thing called supply and demand.
    So wait...if you dare...for prices to come down!
    I will do my do do diligence and go find what I want or need . I would rather give some op some ammo so they can take there son or daughter out shooting then gouge them to buy it from me. Do what you all want with your ammo , I don’t need it or will pay the stupid prices ask so , I done with this BS ! I should prob just take a break for awhile .

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Amazon stock is a investment, if your buying ammo just to resell then you are no better then the ones who are doing just that ! If your going out and buying ammo at $10.00 a box of 20 and coming here to sell for $1.20 or $1.30 a rd then you are not a true member your out to gouge the community ! That’s my take , like it or not .
    I have an excess of .308 that i bought maybe 3 years ago. I paid next to nothing for it by todays standards. I would love to sell it to buy more 6.5creed. So you are saying i should sell the .308 at what i paid for it, and pay market price for the 6.5creedmoor? This makes no sense. Nothing was mentioned about "flipping". Im not waiting in line for 5 hours to come home and make $10 on a box of ammo. My comment was made strictly off the basis of me selling a certain type of ammo that i have, to purchase a different type in todays market.

That being said, ill take all the 9mm ammo off your hands for $160 a case. Where would you like to meet up?

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    This is a gun community , not the stock market . If you are buying gold ,silver or stocks as a investment. Thats great do it ! But your going to rural king to buy all the ammo just to come here to make a buck that’s wrong . That’s not what INGO is about or why I am here. Take that crap else where. I may be wrong the members here may agree that’s it’s ok to gouge each other ? If that’s the case then I am at the wrong place.

You keep talking about people buying ammo and immediately flipping it, yet you acknowledge that there are many here who are well stocked and don't need to buy in this market.

Instead of flippers, what about people who aren't doing an immediate flip? I have plenty of ammo, and I didn't just start buying last week. For example, I have a bunch of .223 and 5.56, and I could move 1000 rounds and not even miss it. If I sell it now for more than I paid, am I a gouger? How much more than I paid would make me a gouger?

With the way the market is, I wouldn't even go through the hassle of taking pictures, making an ad, and setting up a meet for .50 a round. Even at .80 a round. I might consider it at 1.00 or 1.20 a round. At that price, you're not just paying for the ammo, you're paying for me to take the chance that MAYBE I'll be able to replace it later when my own supply runs low.

The fact of the matter is no one can get my ammo onto the market unless they are willing to pay a price that offsets my risk. Of course, paying that price also offsets their risk that they will spend a lot of time searching and still come up empty handed.

Why does an ammo deal between two consenting adults make you so angry? It doesn't affect you personnaly, and if both parties enter into the transaction with eyes wide open, who is harmed by it at all?

Last edited:

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I’m
    You keep talking about people buying ammo and immediately flipping it, yet you acknowledge that there are many here who are well stocked and don't need to buy in this market.

Instead of flippers, what about people who aren't doing an immediate flip? I have plenty of ammo, and I didn't just start buying last week. For example, I have a bunch of .223 and 5.56, and I could move 1000 rounds and not even miss it. If I sell it now for more than I paid, am I a gouger? How much more than I paid would make me a gouger?

With the way the market is, I wouldn't even go through the hassle of taking pictures, making an ad, and setting up a meet for .50 a round. Even at .80 a round. I might consider it at 1.00 or 1.20 a round. At that price, you're not just paying for the ammo, you're paying for me to take the chance that MAYBE I'll be able to replace it later when my own supply runs low.

The fact of the matter is no one can get my ammo onto the market unless they are willing to pay a price that offsets my risk. Of course, paying that price also offsets their risk that they will spend a lot of time searching and still come up empty handed.

Why does an ammo deal between two consenting adults make you so angry? It doesn't affect you personnaly, and if both parties enter into the transaction with eyes wide open, who is harmed by it at all?
    I’m with you, I think the only people complaining are the ones with no stock. I’d rather the prices be what they were and I wouldn’t have to worry about training rounds. However that’s not the case, so if I sell some of my stockpile(that I was smart enough to build up) I’m selling at market value.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County

Agree 100%! I have about 10k rounds of 22 I've accumulated over the YEARS at normal prices. No way would I still it for less than current market. I've seen the crazy prices people have been paying for it and while I've been tempted to sell off some for a nice chunk of cash all I can think about is replacement cost. I could sell a few bricks for $100 now, but when I need to replenish it might be $150 a brick. I'm content with knowing I have a nice enough stash that maybe I can ride this out and get more when prices come back down, if they do. It's not worth the risk of a little gain for what might cost me a lot in the future.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Soon it will be barterville, some of you remember the days of GAS, GRASS or A$$, nobody rides for free these days, how about we change that to GAS, GRASS or AMMO nobody rides for free.

Lock up your guns and ammo now at all times.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Hmmmm, remember the last big go around? Long lines waiting to buy some .22LR? Then none to be found for any amount of money. Got me to thinking, get an envelope in back of the sock drawer ready for when .22 ammo is back, put some $ in each pay period, I'll have money to spend. Took awhile, but when ever I had to go shopping in town, I would stop on the way home for a stop at Wally World. Yup, bunch of Federal 550 per box started showing up, 2018 was the year. Wallet said take advantage of a shelf full and get a box or two to put on a shelf at home. Accurate in all my .22 rifles. Good price too. Kept doing that, then another shortage, wait until they were able to re-stock and hit it again, all the time putting $ in that envelope. Rearranging space on my shelves to keep close to 15,000 rounds high and dry, I found brick after brick of .22's shoved and stacked back that I've stashed for years, and forgot about,just in case. BTW, the price for the last bunch I bought over time was $21.34 "out the door". That's $0.0388 per trigger pull. So what's the problem?

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The market for .223 is about $10.99 to $11.99 a box of 20 that’s puts ammo at .54 to .64 a rd and people are selling for $1.20 or $1.30 a rd for box of 20 ! So what is market price ? I guess all you can get ! ? Again to me this is a community to help each other. As to having a rifle you got a few years ago or 20yrs ago , rifle appreciate in value in some cases so I don’t believe anyone expects you to sell for what you give. Your father may have bought s rifle 50yrs ago at sears and now the rifle is worth $10k nobody would expect you to sell for $20 ! I am only talking about to price gouge on ammo Here ! And you are correct it’s between 2 consenting adults to work out a deal and if the op want to pay the gouge then so be it . But it still don’t make it right to do it.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Amazon stock is a investment
    This is a gun community , not the stock market .

Thing is, a lot of folks look at gun stuff as an investment. It's why many buy cheap and stack deep, and why classifieds sections here and on other gun forums remain so active. How long have you been a shooter? If it's longer than a year, where on earth have you been? Have you learned nothing about supply and demand, ebb and flow, up and down when it comes to ammo?

then you are not a true member

I struggle to understand folks who play this "INGO brotherhood" card but who don't actually support the forum they seemingly care so much about.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    The market for .223 is about $10.99 to $11.99 a box of 20 that’s puts ammo at .54 to .64 a rd and people are selling for $1.20 or $1.30 a rd for box of 20 ! So what is market price ? I guess all you can get ! ? Again to me this is a community to help each other. As to having a rifle you got a few years ago or 20yrs ago , rifle appreciate in value in some cases so I don’t believe anyone expects you to sell for what you give. Your father may have bought s rifle 50yrs ago at sears and now the rifle is worth $10k nobody would expect you to sell for $20 ! I am only talking about to price gouge on ammo Here ! And you are correct it’s between 2 consenting adults to work out a deal and if the op want to pay the gouge then so be it . But it still don’t make it right to do it.
    Got a link to that $10.99-$11.99? I could use about 5,000rds and I won't be selling any of it!

Top Bottom