• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    So what have you learned during this ammo shortage? Make smarter personal investments? Re-evaluate your priorities? Why is it always "someone else's fault"? Any of you ever buy concert tickets by waiting in line all night just to turn them and make a buck? Those buying ammo and selling it are trading their time for money. You can do the same or you can pay the going rate because you were unprepared. This country is a land of equal opportunity, not equal outcome.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So what have you learned during this ammo shortage? Make smarter personal investments? Re-evaluate your priorities? Why is it always "someone else's fault"? Any of you ever buy concert tickets by waiting in line all night just to turn them and make a buck? Those buying ammo and selling it are trading their time for money. You can do the same or you can pay the going rate because you were unprepared. This country is a land of equal opportunity, not equal outcome.

It is the butt hurt that make this a cluster f*** for everybody. The retailers and manufacturers are afraid to price it up to market value then be called names like they do CTD so they don't. Flippers are trash with no value. Just before next snow storm I will buy up all the bread, milk, and eggs then offer them high prices to suckers that work. That the definition of azzwhole....

If you were prepared and are selling at market value all good, if you are front running everybody else to the latest shipments you are a *******...

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    It is the butt hurt that make this a cluster f*** for everybody. The retailers and manufacturers are afraid to price it up to market value then be called names like they do CTD so they don't. Flippers are trash with no value. Just before next snow storm I will buy up all the bread, milk, and eggs then offer them high prices to suckers that work. That the definition of azzwhole....

If you were prepared and are selling at market value all good, if you are front running everybody else to the latest shipments you are a *******...
    If you are not prepared for a couple of day storm you perfectly illustrate the point. If you run your food stores dry and only think about "getting it when I run out" and depend on the local grocery store that only maintains a three day supply of food at normal usage you are making the choice to be unprepared. Call it flipping if you choose, it happens with every commodity. I don't do it but I don't let myself get in that situation. House flipping in tight markets is everywhere. The guy that has the capital grabs up the properties and "flips" them in sometimes days. Watch the guys working the doors at the gun shows. Picking up things and immediately turning them over the same hour for a "profit".

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    At $200 a brick they can afford to pay $100 and still double their money.
    Are people ACTUALLY paying these prices? If I’m being just plain honest, I’m not nearly the shooter that I was several years back. I still enjoy it, but it’s been over a calendar year since I’ve shot. The capitalist in me heard about the Biden proposed “assault weapon ban” and thought maybe now might be a decent time to sell some ammo off. If people are really paying over $100 for a brick of .22 lr it might be time to sell a couple lol

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you are not prepared for a couple of day storm you perfectly illustrate the point. If you run your food stores dry and only think about "getting it when I run out" and depend on the local grocery store that only maintains a three day supply of food at normal usage you are making the choice to be unprepared. Call it flipping if you choose, it happens with every commodity. I don't do it but I don't let myself get in that situation. House flipping in tight markets is everywhere. The guy that has the capital grabs up the properties and "flips" them in sometimes days. Watch the guys working the doors at the gun shows. Picking up things and immediately turning them over the same hour for a "profit".
    Did I say I was not prepared?

Just explaining my point...

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Did I say I was not prepared?

Just explaining my point...
    No, not saying you personally, just "you" as in people in general. Our choices and priorities all have future consequences. In regards to ammo for our guns, food for our families and savings for retirement.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    Are people ACTUALLY paying these prices? If I’m being just plain honest, I’m not nearly the shooter that I was several years back. I still enjoy it, but it’s been over a calendar year since I’ve shot. The capitalist in me heard about the Biden proposed “assault weapon ban” and thought maybe now might be a decent time to sell some ammo off. If people are really paying over $100 for a brick of .22 lr it might be time to sell a couple lol
    Been paying that for a while

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Much worse for ammo. Mags and guns not as much, but it's about to start to get out of hand with the prices them too.
    Sheesh, I just looked up Mosin Nagants and saw they’re going for $400 and up now. Pretty sure I paid $115 and have never enjoyed shooting it. Time to sell that sucker!!!!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Said it before I will say it again. When and if this ever sorts out, Start buying in small amounts. Every week or 2 or payday or whatever. You don't have to buy a 1000 round case of 9mm. Buy 2 boxes. Then 2 more then two more..of whatever calibers you like/need. That .22 Winchester at CTD...I bought about 20 of those..2 boxes at a time. We go to Rual king once a week. Everytime I bought a brick or a box.. my wife is like do you really need that. Yes I do. Now I show her the prices they go for. And she now gets it. Everyone needs to be prepared in all situations. Food fuel ammo water first aid supply's alternative communication. When the SHTF Ain't no one coming to help.
    My point is you don't have to have it all by the end of the week but start small and get it over time.Then you can ride out the next "crisis"

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Those buying ammo and selling it are trading their time for money.
    Most of the ammo that is being flipped is coming from bots sniping anything that comes online at a reasonable price. This is why bass pro and cabelas went to in store only and now they suddenly have ammo on the shelf. this is also what’s going on with PS5 , XBOX s and x and the newest graphics cards. This isn’t a supply demand issue, it’s an uninvited middle man problem.

Top Bottom