• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I am in a friends wedding in Illinois and forgot a shirt in Indiana. So we have a Walmart right next to our hotel. I grab a shirt and head over to the ammo counter. They had tons of ammo in stock. I asked for 2 boxes of Winchester Super-X rifled slug bulk packs. The lady behind the counter, after 5 minutes of digging through keys to get into the case, asks me if I have a FOID card. I told her I didn't and she said that I would need one to purchase ammo. Luckily I am only in this horrible state for 2 more days.

And if anyone does have a FOID card, the Walmart in Rock Falls is stocked with quite a large selection.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Several years ago I bought ammo in Waukegan and was told that since I was an Indiana resident I didn't have to have a FOID. I thought that was wrong at the time but I bought a sh*t load of 9MM FMJ @ $7 a box anywho!!! :rockwoot:

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    the foid card is their version of the LTCH..... except you cant have the magazine in the pistol AT ALL to comply with the rules for it.

you shouldnt need one for ammo at all. hopefully that "lady" will be off tomorrow

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    ..........................Thank GOD I am no longer a occupant of the Republik of Illinois......:patriot:

More like the Republic of Chicago. Daley and his cronies have been running that state for years. The rest of the state has been trying to get Carry Permits for the citizens for a long time. But, the Chicago politicians run the state, and due to the large population, have more votes per district. It's ********.

And, they are concerned that they will have another record year for deaths over the summer again. That's what amazes me so much. People can't carry firearms in Illinois/Chicago yet they have an unusually high murder rate. Every time there is a death, Daley gets up there and complains about the guns. Dude, these dumb shits are not getting them legally. Quit complaining about the guns are start complaining about the parents and Chicago Public Schools. They suck.

Sorry, just went on a rant and I feel for my Illinois brethren. Besides, I live 30 minutes from the Loop and I love the Chicago. But, damn if doesn't suck to live there.:dunno::laugh:

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I tried to buy ammo at a Walmart in Kankakee, IL and had the same issue of no FOID card no ammo. I told the lady I would have my brother show his and they refused his sale also because they knew it was for me. I took the issue to the store manager and was told to plan ahead before my next trip to Illinois.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    You do NOT need a FOID card to buy ammo in ILL if you are an IN resident.

You also do not need a FOID card to buy ammo in IN if you are an ILL resident (regardless of what the idiots at wally world say). You will need a FOID to bring it back into ILL but if you are buying the ammo in IN for use (or to store) in IN you don't need a FOID.

FOIDs are only needed by ILL residents who are actually in ILL.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Well I tried it again with a different employee same results. No FOID, no ammo. I promptly left the store. Once I got home I slapped on my pistol and my fiance drove me around to 3 different wal-marts in Fort Wayne before I found the slugs I was looking for.

It is great to be back in Indiana again!

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    And, they are concerned that they will have another record year for deaths over the summer again. That's what amazes me so much. People can't carry firearms in Illinois/Chicago yet they have an unusually high murder rate. Every time there is a death, Daley gets up there and complains about the guns. Dude, these dumb shits are not getting them legally. Quit complaining about the guns are start complaining about the parents and Chicago Public Schools. They suck.

Clear on your rant...My friend is a CPD Sgt. and he bust's his A$% to send his kids to a private school, he has 5 years to retire and he is out of the RoI!!:patriot:

BIGBRIZZI

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    I was visiting Peoria IL and i went to gander mtn. for ammo they would not sell me ammo either. I always thought that an IN res could buy ammo in IL but some of the stores dont know that.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I've never had any luck with an IL store selling me ammo. Went into a gun store with a buddy of mine, they had something I wanted and wouldn't sell to out of state. So my friend says "I'll buy it, I've got a FOID." Clerk said no, can't sell it to you either because you'll resell to him.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom