• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I've got some Amend2 Glock mags that are good, but does anyone have experience with their AR-15 mags? I bought some hexmags when they first came out and they don't always drop free so I've become wary with anything that isn't Magpul. Thanks in advance!

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Have a couple , mine have been fine
    Don't know that I would have them as my shtf mags but if I found them cheap enough I'd probably get a few more for the range
    Not polymer but I've scored pretty good deals on surefeed so that's my go to

Was snagging hera mags really cheap also so maybe check em out

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Have a couple , mine have been fine
    Don't know that I would have them as my shtf mags but if I found them cheap enough I'd probably get a few more for the range
    Not polymer but I've scored pretty good deals on surefeed so that's my go to

Was snagging hera mags really cheap also so maybe check em out
    Right on, I don't think I've heard of those two brands, I'll check them out. Amend2 mags for $8, but pmags for $9.29; what's a dollar thirty when it could mean a major difference in your near future if being a tightwad leads to a mag failure right!

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Right on, I don't think I've heard of those two brands, I'll check them out. Amend2 mags for $8, but pmags for $9.29; what's a dollar thirty when it could mean a major difference in your near future if being a tightwad leads to a mag failure right!
    Definitely, not a place to be cheap! I only own some of these others because I see them and decide that for some reason I have to try them
    Surefeed is kinda "gold standard" along with magpul
    I like to have a balance of metal and polymer mags (I don't truly know why) I've heard polymer wears down the lips over time so based solely off of reading it once I usually train with metal mags lol

That's a good deal on pmags, no real reason not to use them at that price ...I assume they are gen 2 windowless?

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    You don’t even have to be cheap to just run pmags, they ARE cheap. Gen 2 or 3 pmags or duramags. Anything else goes in the trash.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    Having used both, PMags are a bit better than Amendment 2.
    Pmags are used by us armed forces, Amendment 2 are not to my knowledge.
    One thing I had not considered about metal mags which for range use is not an issue but in a field environment could come up is that, as my Army veteran son pointed out, once you dent the metal mag body it becomes useless. Apparently it happened to him on multiple occasions and after switching to Pmags, no more issues.

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    I just recently got a few of the Lancer Hybrid mags, absolutely love the grip and stout feel of these mags.
    They get good press on you tube for being reliable and dependable.
    around 15 bucks online.
    So far I got a 20 round and a 30 round to try out. Solid FDE on both.
    I have tons of P-mags and have never had an issue but the Lancer mags just seem right.
    The texture and grip are far and away better than Magpul !

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Having used both, PMags are a bit better than Amendment 2.
    Pmags are used by us armed forces, Amendment 2 are not to my knowledge.
    One thing I had not considered about metal mags which for range use is not an issue but in a field environment could come up is that, as my Army veteran son pointed out, once you dent the metal mag body it becomes useless. Apparently it happened to him on multiple occasions and after switching to Pmags, no more issues.
    THIS is exactly the real world experience I was looking for, thank you. I would say the reason Magpul has a gov't contract is they're older and established whereas Amendment 2 is newer, but that opinion is of no real consequence. I've heard elsewhere that in the realm of "which mag is best" Lancer gets the nod but I'm not looking for best, just cheapest that is constantly reliable. I probably have half a dozen different mag manufacturers but instead of trying out amend2 I'll just get more pmags. Yes, they were gen 2 no window, can't remember the website but it was a quick Google.

999cs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    NWI
    I tried some of the A2 glock mags, but had issues with them so I got rid of them. Never used their AR mags. If you decide to get them please let us know how they are.

999cs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    NWI
    I just recently got a few of the Lancer Hybrid mags, absolutely love the grip and stout feel of these mags.
    They get good press on you tube for being reliable and dependable.
    around 15 bucks online.
    So far I got a 20 round and a 30 round to try out. Solid FDE on both.
    I have tons of P-mags and have never had an issue but the Lancer mags just seem right.
    The texture and grip are far and away better than Magpul !
    I too have some Lancer mags and they are awesome. Feel so much more solid than pmags. I still love pmags, but if I see a deal on some lancers, I will pick some more up as well.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    I have several 10 round Amend2 mags and 30 round hexmags. Haven't had an issue at the range. Haven't used them enough to comment on durability though. I bought them on sale for $6-7 IIRC. I too would go magpul if they where about the same price.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Get cha some Lancer steel lipped mags and don't look back. They work n work n work, no matter what the weather or the usage. Forget the pricing...your life may depend on something as simple as mag performance. Just Do it.
    GrabAGun has Sales often.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom