Amazon Strips Clarence Thomas Documentary From Streaming Service During Black History Month

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I recently watched a couple documentaries on Prime about Dr Walter E. Williams and Dr. Thomas Sowell. Both were very good.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I'm old enough to remember when the ACLU-types (much of old school ACLU I agreed with) reckoned that book burning/banning and McCarthyism were the seeds and harbingers for the worst kinds of evil possible.

Now they are the new burners/banners/McCarthy-ites.

Take care children not to become that which you despise.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm old enough to remember when the ACLU-types (much of old school ACLU I agreed with) reckoned that book burning/banning and McCarthyism were the seeds and harbingers for the worst kinds of evil possible.

They are... when the govt is the one burning the books. Not too long ago there was crackpot from Gainesville, FL who had a habit of burning Korans... It was even spoke about here. It was back when there were still a fair amount of left leaning members. But anyways, point being when govt does it, it's bad... anybody else... their right.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    They are... when the govt is the one burning the books. Not too long ago there was crackpot from Gainesville, FL who had a habit of burning Korans... It was even spoke about here. It was back when there were still a fair amount of left leaning members. But anyways, point being when govt does it, it's bad... anybody else... their right.
    I would put it differently, when the "force of society" does it to the extent that it's near universal, dare I say "systemic", it doesn't matter if it's government or the masters of the universe. Same effect. Debate is squelched for the fascism of forced group-think in "proper" thought only.

And, whether the employment blacklist is due to a loudmouthed Senator from Wisconsin, or a blue-check from Seattle... the effect is the same... voice the verboten and starve... you and your family will be made to suffer.

Edit to add: A crackpot from wherever burning a Koran is within his rights... society writ-large burning ALL Korans, that's a path to damnation.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Why are you bashing McCarthy? The man was right, only mistaken in the reality being worse than he realized. We had hard evidence in form of intercepted messages to Moscow to prove it while he was thrown under the bus.

Top Bottom