• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021...-in-union-decision-to-preserve-vote-fidelity/

E-commerce giant Amazon is reportedly seeking to postpone a unionization vote at a warehouse in Alabama and is fighting back against federal labor authorities’ decision to allow mail-in voting. Amazon claims it has created a “safe, confidential and convenient proposal for associates to vote on-site, which is in the best interest of all parties—associate convenience, vote fidelity and timeliness of vote count.”

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I love the irony, but here's where we'll probably shoot ourselves in the foot. Because all those "business-friendly" federal judges recommended by the Federalist Society are going to John-Roberts us. I suspect they will disallow mail voting in _this_ case, because when it comes to protecting the "rights" of corporations, our vision seems to be much clearer than when protecting the legitimacy of civil elections.

Cannot wait to see the reaction of the Biden Justice Department, if and when that happens.

Last edited:

hamiltonrrwatch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2021
    N.W. IN
    Hey, NFG here. Frankly shocked Beez hasn't pulled an 'Ol Henry River Rouge on the union.

We cancelled 22 accounts in our immediate families, and assisted in the cancellation of 35+ Prime and business accounts for consulting clients. In doing so, we've steered them into alternatives that, for now, support small businesses. Note I said for now;
    when Bazooka Joe's through, good luck finding a small business to support.

But hey, I understand that The Kennedy Center is flush.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I personally would have no problem with a mail vote, for any election, if it were conducted by an impartial 3rd party contractor like Deloitte Touche or similar. If ballots would only be sent to registered voters, had to be returned by a certain time (NO exceptions), and were counted in an auditable process, that would be a huge improvement. I would gladly wait up to a month for election counting results, as long as certain precincts or counties were not allowed extra time to get their votes in.

Really, this seems like an ideal Libertarian solution. Why do partisan elected officials have to be trusted with all vote counting? Government screws up everything it touches.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021...-in-union-decision-to-preserve-vote-fidelity/

E-commerce giant Amazon is reportedly seeking to postpone a unionization vote at a warehouse in Alabama and is fighting back against federal labor authorities’ decision to allow mail-in voting. Amazon claims it has created a “safe, confidential and convenient proposal for associates to vote on-site, which is in the best interest of all parties—associate convenience, vote fidelity and timeliness of vote count.”
    Man you just can't make this stuff up.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I personally would have no problem with a mail vote, for any election, if it were conducted by an impartial 3rd party contractor like Deloitte Touche or similar. If ballots would only be sent to registered voters, had to be returned by a certain time (NO exceptions), and were counted in an auditable process, that would be a huge improvement. I would gladly wait up to a month for election counting results, as long as certain precincts or counties were not allowed extra time to get their votes in.

Really, this seems like an ideal Libertarian solution. Why do partisan elected officials have to be trusted with all vote counting? Government screws up everything it touches.
    I’m not sure, when state power is on the line, that I’d trust a third party either. People don’t trust Dominion.

Top Bottom