Am I the only one that is somewhat creeped out by these?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    On the plus side I was contemplating a trip to Michigan during the worst snow storm of the winter, someone here gave me a link to the cameras and I was able to personally observe the road conditions and traffic all the way up before leaving, which I did. The media was all Armageddon but I made close to similar time to regular conditions on the trip. Without the cams I probably would have let the lying media convince me not to go…

License plate readers are a different issue than a cam to me and we have a thread for that discussion…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What is their stated primary purpose?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    To be able to provide real time traffic conditions without having troopers contstantly patrolling.

here in the big city the local radio traffic guy uses them to see what’s going on And report on it. “Yeah, there’s a car on fire in the left lane and traffic is backed up“

anyone can look at what they are seeing. It’s not exclusive to .gov

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On the plus side I was contemplating a trip to Michigan during the worst snow storm of the winter, someone here gave me a link to the cameras and I was able to personally observe the road conditions and traffic all the way up before leaving, which I did. The media was all Armageddon but I made close to similar time to regular conditions on the trip. Without the cams I probably would have let the lying media convince me not to go…

License plate readers are a different issue than a cam to me and we have a thread for that discussion…
    The weather guessers in MSM sell doom and gloom.
    I am thinking they are in Cahoots with the sales of French toast supply's.

You know, eggs bread and milk.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Same. The embedded temp sensors allowed me to stay and fix one more thing at a college before I had to head home.

I was doing work for SMWC north of Terrible Hot. I was in the public safety director's office discussing what needed to be done and he asked if we could do one more thing. Then he stopped because he remembered I drove down from Indy. He told me not to worry about it and go home instead. He didnt want me risking my skin with snow and ice coming in that was just crossing the state line. I had him pull up the radar and temperature sensors. It was already snowing and sleeting, but the sensors showed the pavement was still plenty warm. So I told him we had plenty of time to finish the job before I had to hit the road. I made it home in sleet and snow with no trouble because the roads were still just wet as the stuff just melted on impact.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    As if driving on the interstate was done in private. You see hundreds, if not thousands, of drivers and they see you.
    Who knew that kids trying to spot plates from various states were really spying for Big Brother.

Top Bottom