• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For the record; nowhere on the website did it state that the price was for online orders only. The store rep told me they would most likely sell it to me for that price if it was the exact same gun. Once I showed him it was, he looked concerned and made a call. Went downhill from there.

I also have emails from their customer support stating that I could buy it online and the store would then give it to me; they would take it out of their inventory to satisfy the online order. That was the last email I received from them but it was very close to their closing time so I could not do it. The following morning I went back to the website, they removed that price and put in the store price.

That's not a good thing. They're scum.

If any store wishes to sell at a different online price, I'm ok with it. They just need to be upfront with that info. A little statement saying "Online discount Only"......that would be nice.
    Is it possible that a mistake was made on the online price which was why they did not honor that price in the store, but to appease you they offered to make it work for you, then corrected the mistake overnight?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So a retailer cannot have the price they want on their website and a different price in their store without telling you because it is deceptive? Poppycock! If you want it from the website, buy it, if you want it from the store buy it, by all means ask if they will if you want, but why are they under some obligation to honor back and forth? Where do all these rules for retailers come from?
    Let me ask you this. Let's say I advertise a gun you want in the INGO classifieds and you indicate a willingness to buy it. We agree to meet up and conduct that transaction, but when you get there, I inform you that the price I quoted you in the ad was only valid if you came to my house to pick it up so I wouldn't have to travel. Since I had to meet you somewhere in between, I'm going to charge you an additional amount to cover the cost of my gas. By your logic, that would be acceptable to you, yes?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Let me ask you this. Let's say I advertise a gun you want in the INGO classifieds and you indicate a willingness to buy it. We agree to meet up and conduct that transaction, but when you get there, I inform you that the price I quoted you in the ad was only valid if you came to my house to pick it up so I wouldn't have to travel. Since I had to meet you somewhere in between, I'm going to charge you an additional amount to cover the cost of my gas. By your logic, that would be acceptable to you, yes?
    That is not what happened. I do not know why you guys think a price on a retailer website is the same as the physical store? That is common business practice that they are different.

I have seen INGO classifieds that had a different price for the seller to drive…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is not what happened. I do not know why you guys think a price on a retailer website is the same as the physical store? That is common business practice that they are different.

I have seen INGO classifieds that had a different price for the seller to drive…
    If the price difference is not advertised on the website (or in the ad), then yes it is deceptive. Man, I hope I advertise a gun that you want. Because I am gonna stick it to you buddy! :):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If the price difference is not advertised on the website (or in the ad), then yes it is deceptive. Man, I hope I advertise a gun that you want. Because I am gonna stick it to you buddy! :):
    Do you think everything on Walmart.com is exactly the same price as on the shelf in the store? Best Buy?
    Target? Macy’s? etc.?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Is it possible that a mistake was made on the online price which was why they did not honor that price in the store, but to appease you they offered to make it work for you, then corrected the mistake overnight?

No. When I showed them the price in my cart they asked me if I was a premium member, I sad no. That was the everyday discounted price. After the young man hung up he stated that that was a special online price given my the gun company, a special price so they did not need to honor that. But later the same day (I still have the emails) I was told on any occasion, theoretically the store can fill the online order by taking it out of their inventory. At that time I was told it could happen the same day but since it was too late for me to get there, I could not. The following morning, the online price was changed. Interesting how a comapny discount can change SUDDENLY overrnight .

An important point you are missing is the poor skills exhibited to me by the employees (3 of them) who were somewhat insulting with their answers. They refused to give me information how to contact their manager or how to contact their corporate! Jeff?, who was on the phone with someone refused to tell me how to communicate with ANYONE! His (their) reply was they did not have one. That a face to face lie.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Heck, why bother to advertise prices at all? Just show pictures of the products and say, "Hey, we'll tell you how much it is when you get it and charge you accordingly!" Sound ridiculous? Yeah it does to me too.
    It was advertised with a price that a few clicks could have had it on the way. It was in the store with a price and a purchase could have taken it home. I’m seeing that you are defining the website as an advertisement for the store, not a separate retail outlet.

Lpherr

Occupied
    No. When I showed them the price in my cart they asked me if I was a premium member, I sad no. That was the everyday discounted price. After the young man hung up he stated that that was a special online price given my the gun company, a special price so they did not need to honor that. But later the same day (I still have the emails) I was told on any occasion, theoretically the store can fill the online order by taking it out of their inventory. At that time I was told it could happen the same day but since it was too late for me to get there, I could not. The following morning, the online price was changed. Interesting how a comapny discount can change SUDDENLY overrnight .

An important point you are missing is the poor skills exhibited to me by the employees (3 of them) who were somewhat insulting with their answers. They refused to give me information how to contact their manager or how to contact their corporate! Jeff?, who was on the phone with someone refused to tell me how to communicate with ANYONE! His (their) reply was they did not have one. That a face to face lie.

WEBSITE DISCLAIMER​

All items on this website are subject to change without notice. This includes item availability, one-of-a-kind items, and pricing.

ONLINE PRICE & DESCRIPTION ERRORS​

Our online inventory changes every day. Occasionally an item may appear on the site by mistake or the item's description may contain a typographical error. We do not guarantee that titles, descriptions, pictures or prices on our site are error-free. We reserve the right to refuse any order including but not limited to orders for items with errors in the description or price. In the event that we cancel an order we will not charge the customer's credit card or we will refund the money.

If an item's description contains an error such as incorrect price and a customer makes the order, we will not process the order without first contacting the customer. If the order is mistakenly shipped, we may advise the customer to return the item in an unopened condition and we will refund the customer. By placing an order, the customer agrees that seller will be the final arbiter of discrepancies in the online catalog.

Just about every company has this policy, or similar.:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It was advertised with a price that a few clicks could have had it on the way. It was in the store with a price and a purchase could have taken it home. I’m seeing that you are defining the website as an advertisement for the store, not a separate retail outlet.
    Mike nailed it.
    I see this a lot myself.
    The store has measured overhead along with management bonuses etc.
    Pretty standard stuff.
    But remember when a few clicks gets it in the mail you still have to transfer it and ship it and so on.
    You guys are nuts.......:lmfao:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

WEBSITE DISCLAIMER​

All items on this website are subject to change without notice. This includes item availability, one-of-a-kind items, and pricing.

ONLINE PRICE & DESCRIPTION ERRORS​

Our online inventory changes every day. Occasionally an item may appear on the site by mistake or the item's description may contain a typographical error. We do not guarantee that titles, descriptions, pictures or prices on our site are error-free. We reserve the right to refuse any order including but not limited to orders for items with errors in the description or price. In the event that we cancel an order we will not charge the customer's credit card or we will refund the money.

If an item's description contains an error such as incorrect price and a customer makes the order, we will not process the order without first contacting the customer. If the order is mistakenly shipped, we may advise the customer to return the item in an unopened condition and we will refund the customer. By placing an order, the customer agrees that seller will be the final arbiter of discrepancies in the online catalog.

Just about every company has this policy, or similar.:dunno:
    I happen to have a copy (screenshot) of the disclaimer The disclaimer only mentions product description, nothing about price. Secondly, the employee originally said they would.

I know what the employees told me, I have emails to back me up and screenshots to prove my point.
    range disclaimer.jpeg

Lpherr

Occupied
    I happen to have a copy (screenshot) of the disclaimer The disclaimer only mentions product description, nothing about price. Secondly, the employee originally said they would.

I know what the employees told me, I have emails to back me up and screenshots to prove my point.
    View attachment 193418
    Perhaps you should either reread what you have, or visit their website.
    Because that is directly from Range USA's website. I personally see mention of "price" four times.

If they gave you opportunity to get the website price, it isn't their fault you declined.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I think you forget that when I inquired about it, the employee stated it wouldbe good if it matched perfectly. I went to my car, looked it up on my phone and returned 2 minutes later. The same employee looked concerned when I showed him. 2 others came by and they kept looking, checking their computer and asking me if I was a premium member to get that price.

You also have to know that the web price has been like that for well over 6 weeks; probably longer. I posted something quite a while ago about wanting one but no one had one and I do not like ordering online. It just so happened I was driving by and thought I'd check the store again, and there it was.

To tell me they could then make a phone call and say they cannot is not good. The later that day support emails me and tells me I can order it and get it same day - at Avon? The following morning the price changes?

Coincidental? Hardly.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think you forget that when I inquired about it, the employee stated it wouldbe good if it matched perfectly. I went to my car, looked it up on my phone and returned 2 minutes later. The same employee looked concerned when I showed him. 2 others came by and they kept looking, checking their computer and asking me if I was a premium member to get that price.

You also have to know that the web price has been like that for well over 6 weeks; probably longer. I posted something quite a while ago about wanting one but no one had one and I do not like ordering online. It just so happened I was driving by and thought I'd check the store again, and there it was.

To tell me they could then make a phone call and say they cannot is not good. The later that day support emails me and tells me I can order it and get it same day - at Avon? The following morning the price changes?

Coincidental? Hardly.
    I don’t think it coincidental either, I think there was a mistake on the website pricing and that was the cause of their reactions. That customer service was trying to work it out for you.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Perhaps you should either reread what you have, or visit their website.
    Because that is directly from Range USA's website. I personally see mention of "price" four times.

If they gave you opportunity to get the website price, it isn't their fault you declined.
    Not sure what you are looking at. In my screenshot on the CZ page (their website) it mentions nothing about price.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Not sure what you are looking at. In my screenshot on the CZ page (their website) it mentions nothing about price.
    You need to look at company policy. Not the specific product page.

Directly from Wal-Mart's website...

Why are prices different in stores vs. online?

The merchandise and prices available on our website do not reflect the merchandise and prices available in our stores. Currently, we do not have access to store inventory lists or price lists at this website. Please contact your local Walmart store manager for more information and availability.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I don’t think it coincidental either, I think there was a mistake on the website pricing and that was the cause of their reactions. That customer service was trying to work it out for you.
    It's been like that for while. Wrong pricing on their website? I don't buy it. The "In Cart" price was in the ball park with other online stores and has been for a while. $749 is quite high compared to other places.

Regardless, it's over and putting it all together, it's a place I prefer not to support with any of my money. I can handle people telling me a mistake was made, but when 3 employees show poort customer service skills and come across the way they did....I'll gladly go down the street to the little guy; or do without.
    CZ75BD_RangeUSA.jpeg

Top Bottom