• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    That is BS that they won't honor their own price. I had a similar experience in Walgreens years back. I tied up the store manager's time and wouldn't budge from the register until they gave me the price. (Probably not a policy to emulate as I was really pissed off and really annoying all the people waiting in line.) But in the end, I got what I wanted.

Let us know how it goes for you. BTW, if they're not making it right, it wouldn't hurt to let them know about this thread. It really hurts a business when their customer base knows when they're crooks.

I’m not out to get them, I was just venting. I’ll take my business elsewhere and not spend a penny in that store…. Any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    So the fact that Costco has internet pricing and warehouse pricing that are different and they do not honor from one to the other is wrong?
    Absolutely. If a store has a price listed, that is their price. Otherwise they are tricking you into driving to their store under false pretenses and pulling a bait-and-switch. You search for an item online to comparison shop prices and availability. You then drive all the way to the store that has the best price (using valuable gas and time), and they try to tell you "Just kidding, the price is actually much higher..."? No, that's not ok.

I'm not sure that Costco actually has such an unsavory and deceitful practice, but they're a pretty terrible store, so maybe they do... Generally even if an item rings up at a higher price, simply show a store employee the ad or internet listing with the lower price, and they'll manually modify it in your transaction to match.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Absolutely. If a store has a price listed, that is their price. Otherwise they are tricking you into driving to their store under false pretenses and pulling a bait-and-switch. You search for an item online to comparison shop prices and availability. You then drive all the way to the store that has the best price (using valuable gas and time), and they try to tell you "Just kidding, the price is actually much higher..."? No, that's not ok.

I'm not sure that Costco actually has such an unsavory and deceitful practice, but they're a pretty terrible store, so maybe they do... Generally even if an item rings up at a higher price, simply show a store employee the ad or internet listing with the lower price, and they'll manually modify it in your transaction to match.
    Wrong. Simply wrong. A lot of hybrid stores have dynamic pricing. A lot of times online only deals are clearing out a different stock that was suited at a lower price etc... possibly coming from a buyout or on a specific promotion from the manufacturer or distributor. It's extremely common practice and most websites that have chain storefronts have it written somewhere in terms of service etc... RK had an online flash sale of a 22. I was in store it was higher than online so i ordered it online and didn't throw a tantrum. Again it was a deal made with a manufacturer to distribute this lot at a special price.

There are plenty of other real issues to complain about with chain stores. Throwing fits and raising hell over being told no is juvenile. Order online and take the free transfer with a wait on shipping. better yet go by it at a local shop and breathe easy knowing that extra 30 bucks went to someone who cares. And that raising your heart rate and getting all mad is only hurting yourself. Losing one pistol sale and risking a negative post on ingo will not have even a fraction of a percent of difference on rusa's daily take nor will it hurt their growing local market share.

Lpherr

Occupied

Well, technically, using Costco as an example is counter intuitive.

Costco's online pricing is higher than in-store pricing, because S/H is calculated in.
    So seeing a Costco price online, will result in a lower price when visiting the store.
    And their prices are guaranteed for 30 days.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, technically, using Costco as an example is counter intuitive.

Costco's online pricing is higher than in-store pricing, because S/H is calculated in.
    So seeing a Costco price online, will result in a lower price when visiting the store.
    And their prices are guaranteed for 30 days.
    Making assumptions here. This is often true in Indy, but warehouses costs in other states are different.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

You are just wrong. A retailer is under no moral obligation to sell products at the same price in their stores as the website. It is a completely different business model. Many of the websites, while the same name, are a separate company legally.

Really? Costco, the retailer with the highest customer satisfaction in the country by far is a terrible store? You guys are incredible.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Making assumptions here. This is often true in Indy, but warehouses costs in other states are different.
    I can't speak for every state, but for us, it's always been the case.
    We've asked people at Costco, and they confirm the prices are lower in store.
    The Mrs. also belongs to several Costco groups, and that is the number one complaint.
    The online price is always higher than the in store price. These are worldwide groups, so it
    must be the same not only in other states, but also other countries. :dunno:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Wrong. Simply wrong.
    ... Losing one pistol sale and risking a negative post on ingo will not have even a fraction of a percent of difference on rusa's daily take nor will it hurt their growing local market share.

Paying too much is asinine. Feel free to throw away your money, but I will not. If a place has a price listed, I expect them to honor that price.

And certainly, losing a sale and getting negative reviews will harm a business's sales numbers. (If you think businesses don't ever care, why do they go through so much trouble to refute negative yelp reviews, and so often work to make the customer happy?) If it happens frequently enough, it impacts their bottom line.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Really? Costco, the retailer with the highest customer satisfaction in the country by far is a terrible store? You guys are incredible.

Costco is vehemently anti-gun. Therefore, they are terrible. I try not to knowingly shop at a business that puts up signs and member agreements showing their pure hatred for the bill of rights...

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wrong. Simply wrong. A lot of hybrid stores have dynamic pricing. A lot of times online only deals are clearing out a different stock that was suited at a lower price etc... possibly coming from a buyout or on a specific promotion from the manufacturer or distributor. It's extremely common practice and most websites that have chain storefronts have it written somewhere in terms of service etc... RK had an online flash sale of a 22. I was in store it was higher than online so i ordered it online and didn't throw a tantrum. Again it was a deal made with a manufacturer to distribute this lot at a special price.

There are plenty of other real issues to complain about with chain stores. Throwing fits and raising hell over being told no is juvenile. Order online and take the free transfer with a wait on shipping. better yet go by it at a local shop and breathe easy knowing that extra 30 bucks went to someone who cares. And that raising your heart rate and getting all mad is only hurting yourself. Losing one pistol sale and risking a negative post on ingo will not have even a fraction of a percent of difference on rusa's daily take nor will it hurt their growing local market share.
    True. Aim Surplus often has "in-store only" deals.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Paying too much is asinine. Feel free to throw away your money, but I will not. If a place has a price listed, I expect them to honor that price.

And certainly, losing a sale and getting negative reviews will harm a business's sales numbers. (If you think businesses don't ever care, why do they go through so much trouble to refute negative yelp reviews, and so often work to make the customer happy?) If it happens frequently enough, it impacts their bottom line.
    Rusa has faced reviews like this since they opened in cincy. Now they are one of the largest gun chain stores in the world. If you think this hurts them you're wrong. Especially since this is a common business practice that literally everywhere does.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I thought INGO was for freedom? That a business owner could have policies they wanted? But apparently that only applies to some but not all…
    Depends on how their policies are communicated. Did Range USA's website specify that it was an "online only" price? Or did it give any indication that the price would be higher in the store? If not, then it's a deceptive policy and deserves to be called out.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    For the record; nowhere on the website did it state that the price was for online orders only. The store rep told me they would most likely sell it to me for that price if it was the exact same gun. Once I showed him it was, he looked concerned and made a call. Went downhill from there.

I also have emails from their customer support stating that I could buy it online and the store would then give it to me; they would take it out of their inventory to satisfy the online order. That was the last email I received from them but it was very close to their closing time so I could not do it. The following morning I went back to the website, they removed that price and put in the store price.

That's not a good thing. They're scum.

If any store wishes to sell at a different online price, I'm ok with it. They just need to be upfront with that info. A little statement saying "Online discount Only"......that would be nice.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For the record; nowhere on the website did it state that the price was for online orders only. The store rep told me they would most likely sell it to me for that price if it was the exact same gun. Once I showed him it was, he looked concerned and made a call. Went downhill from there.

I also have emails from their customer support stating that I could buy it online and the store would then give it to me; they would take it out of their inventory to satisfy the online order. That was the last email I received from them but it was very close to their closing time so I could not do it. The following morning I went back to the website, they removed that price and put in the store price.

That's not a good thing. They're scum.

If any store wishes to sell at a different online price, I'm ok with it. They just need to be upfront with that info. A little statement saying "Online discount Only"......that would be nice.
    Agreed! AIM is very specific when they advertise items for sale at prices that are only available in their showroom. That's just sound business practice. Doing otherwise is deceptive.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Depends on how their policies are communicated. Did Range USA's website specify that it was an "online only" price? Or did it give any indication that the price would be higher in the store? If not, then it's a deceptive policy and deserves to be called out.
    So a retailer cannot have the price they want on their website and a different price in their store without telling you because it is deceptive? Poppycock! If you want it from the website, buy it, if you want it from the store buy it, by all means ask if they will if you want, but why are they under some obligation to honor back and forth? Where do all these rules for retailers come from?

Top Bottom