• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    For a short time I have been considering a CZ75BD and have been looking. Yesterday I looked again online and went to Shoot Point Blank (Range USA) and they still had the gun I wanted. $701 but discounted to $689 in the cart. That deal has been there for over a month. I waited and thought I'd go back to Avon to see if they one to rent. When I walked in, the case right in front of me called out and there it was....CZ75BD - $749. I spoke to a Jeff? and told him the price online and he said if it was the same exact gun, he thinks they would make it $689. I went to my car and looked on my phone and found it. I went back in and sure enough, EXACT match. His eyes told the story.

He also checked the website twice, went in the back and came out on the phone. Looking at the gun and website talking to someone. After a few minutes he came back and said she won't honor that price, it is $749. Why? He stated she said no because that was special pricing online and that the website said Avon was out of stock. Note, nowhere on the website does it say special pricing. Nowhere on the website does it say ONLINE ONLY.

I told him we both knew this was BS. I asked to speak to someone, a manager's phone number. Nope, none exists!!!! Asked to have a corporate phone and NOPE, there is none!!!! I told him he was lying to me and then Brandon? joined in and with an angry voice said Jeff? was right. They both said I had to come to the website to get the corporate number because that is the only way to get it. The SAME site that has multiple places managing the website and that is another reason why they could not honor their own corporate website.

I Iooked at them both and thanked each of them for their time.

I did message their corporate just for my own satisfaction,knowing darn well my money means nothing to them.

The only disclaimer on the website refers the product description.

Thanks for listening.....

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Discussions (email) have been going back and forth, but suddenly stopped. I know it is Sunday and I appreciate someone getting back to me; I'll grant them that. I'm hoping to hear more. It will be interesting if the website changes tomorrow, I hope not.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Do they do transfers? KYGunCo.com shows one in stock for $656.99. That'd be a good way to stick it to em. You might pay the same or a little more but not to them. I know 500 Guns has a CZ 75 B in their case but don’t know if it’s a D or the price. They’re closed Sunday and Monday now.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Do they do transfers? KYGunCo.com shows one in stock for $656.99. That'd be a good way to stick it to em. You might pay the same or a little more but not to them. I know 500 Guns has a CZ 75 B in their case but don’t know if it’s a D or the price. They’re closed Sunday and Monday now.
    Shoot Point / Range charges $75 for a transfer!!!!!!! (what I was told)

I did edit this because they did reach out and said I could go there now. I may do it.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I must say the person who have been reaching out to me via email has done a very good job and I respect that. Yes, this could have been prevented while I was there and I would have walked out with one. My difficulty was their response in the store.

I do not think I could support that. I need to practice what I preach. It will stay in their case.

Thumbs up to the email support person I worked with; and I will let them know.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Now, now... @Ingomike is gonna chastise you for publicly criticizing SPB or Range USA or whatever they're going by these days. ;)

FWIW I'd have been pissed too. Lousy customer service and lousy reaction from management and employees.
    How many times have we been subject to the :bs: from those big box range toy stores. It seems to be endless. Sooooo many threads along these same lines and story's. Yet folks keep going back for more abuse or so it seems.
    That the OP may get the gun at the savings he desired how many hours and levels of frustration has he endured to do so.
    No knock on you Ziggidy as you stood your ground and all that. But man oh man.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I must say the person who have been reaching out to me via email has done a very good job and I respect that. Yes, this could have been prevented while I was there and I would have walked out with one. My difficulty was their response in the store.

I do not think I could support that. I need to practice what I preach. It will stay in their case.

Thumbs up to the email support person I worked with; and I will let them know.
    There you go.

You folks know that those stores operate on a profit margin and management most likely is bonused off of this margin.
    It's pretty standard operating procedures. so to take a $60 dollar hit out of the case is a tough one for those stooges.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Now, now... @Ingomike is gonna chastise you for publicly criticizing SPB or Range USA or whatever they're going by these days. ;)

FWIW I'd have been pissed too. Lousy customer service and lousy reaction from management and employees.
    You do realize that RUSA is not a little gun store that a guy everyone likes started with a couple of buddies in an unleasable building. It is a place that has hundreds of employees, very few with decision making ability, and procedures are by a manual. It is located in expensive areas around cities and probably is one of the top gun sellers in the US and a top provider of indoor range lanes. They are going to face the same hiring issues Amazon and any retailer faces today.

In perspective a typical LGS that has one or two complaints is far higher number than RUSA on a per customer interaction basis. The complaints I have seen here are easily defined as employees without decision making ability following the manual or complaints about their policies. Have yet to see a complaint that I believe was major. Probably the worst was about a RO not controlling those muzzle sweeping others.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    You do realize that RUSA is not a little gun store that a guy everyone likes started with a couple of buddies in an unleasable building. It is a place that has hundreds of employees, very few with decision making ability, and procedures are by a manual. It is located in expensive areas around cities and probably is one of the top gun sellers in the US and a top provider of indoor range lanes. They are going to face the same hiring issues Amazon and any retailer faces today.

In perspective a typical LGS that has one or two complaints is far higher number than RUSA on a per customer interaction basis. The complaints I have seen here are easily defined as employees without decision making ability following the manual or complaints about their policies. Have yet to see a complaint that I believe was major. Probably the worst was about a RO not controlling those muzzle sweeping others.
    I have some experience with SPB/RUSA and agree with what you are saying. The problem, as usual lies with the upper management. The captain of the ship at RUSA is like a ships captain that couldn't pass the test so he just bought the license. Tom Willingham simply doesn't understand the firearms business and because of the current political situation has prospered in spite of his ignorance.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I have some experience with SPB/RUSA and agree with what you are saying. The problem, as usual lies with the upper management. The captain of the ship at RUSA is like a ships captain that couldn't pass the test so he just bought the license. Tom Willingham simply doesn't understand the firearms business and because of the current political situation has prospered in spite of his ignorance.
    I would say he firmly understands the business and is steering a small one range operation into a national chain that sells a metric sh÷× ton of guns and memberships at premium prices. He wanted to build a place for people like him and they vastly outnumber people like us.

Plenty of lgs have 75bd's

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Many corporate owned indoor shops/ranges are under staffed in quality people. Payroll is often a huge part of the bottom line. I stay out of them and use a locally owned private owner indoor range which I feel is safer.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    For a short time I have been considering a CZ75BD and have been looking. Yesterday I looked again online and went to Shoot Point Blank (Range USA) and they still had the gun I wanted. $701 but discounted to $689 in the cart. That deal has been there for over a month. I waited and thought I'd go back to Avon to see if they one to rent. When I walked in, the case right in front of me called out and there it was....CZ75BD - $749. I spoke to a Jeff? and told him the price online and he said if it was the same exact gun, he thinks they would make it $689. I went to my car and looked on my phone and found it. I went back in and sure enough, EXACT match. His eyes told the story.

He also checked the website twice, went in the back and came out on the phone. Looking at the gun and website talking to someone. After a few minutes he came back and said she won't honor that price, it is $749. Why? He stated she said no because that was special pricing online and that the website said Avon was out of stock. Note, nowhere on the website does it say special pricing. Nowhere on the website does it say ONLINE ONLY.

I told him we both knew this was BS. I asked to speak to someone, a manager's phone number. Nope, none exists!!!! Asked to have a corporate phone and NOPE, there is none!!!! I told him he was lying to me and then Brandon? joined in and with an angry voice said Jeff? was right. They both said I had to come to the website to get the corporate number because that is the only way to get it. The SAME site that has multiple places managing the website and that is another reason why they could not honor their own corporate website.

I Iooked at them both and thanked each of them for their time.

I did message their corporate just for my own satisfaction,knowing darn well my money means nothing to them.

The only disclaimer on the website refers the product description.

Thanks for listening.....

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    Careful, there is a guy on here that hates anyone ripping anything resembling a supporter of our gun rights(Shoot Point Blank for instance). There are gun shops who are our friends. My experience and now yours indicates that SPB isn’t one of them.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    That is BS that they won't honor their own price. I had a similar experience in Walgreens years back. I tied up the store manager's time and wouldn't budge from the register until they gave me the price. (Probably not a policy to emulate as I was really pissed off and really annoying all the people waiting in line.) But in the end, I got what I wanted.

Let us know how it goes for you. BTW, if they're not making it right, it wouldn't hurt to let them know about this thread. It really hurts a business when their customer base knows when they're crooks.

Top Bottom