• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm now seeing it in US sources too. Fascinating. It shows up on a local news channel, is then picked up in foreign news citing US news stories, but only later does it finally show up in US national sources.

We (USA) have no actual journalists, or news sources; except for some independents that don't have wide reach.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Were these (polar bear) lives saved because all the planes were Carbon Neutral while grounded?
    I mean....I'm pretty sure the engines were idling the whole time.....then most flights will continue on using the same fuel it would have, so fuel consumption, and therefore pollution from the exhaust may be greater than normal.

Therefore, the net effect on polar bears will be just a negligible to non-existent as it would be on any "normal" day.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I mean....I'm pretty sure the engines were idling the whole time.....then most flights will continue on using the same fuel it would have, so fuel consumption, and therefore pollution from the exhaust may be greater than normal.

Therefore, the net effect on polar bears will be just a negligible to non-existent as it would be on any "normal" day.
    8NZh3Zs.jpg

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    "The radar sir, it appears to be... jammed."
    View attachment 247447

“You know, the bleeps, the sweeps, and the creeps!” :rofl:

Also, no joke on the FAA’s “inclusion” focus. NOTAM used to stand for “NOtice To AirMen,” but in an effort to make things more woke and fuzzy, it’s now “NOtice To Air Missions.” Which is idiotic. “Missions” aren’t checking pre-flight safety data, people are! And the FAA is against the wording “mission” anyway, as it implies a necessity of completion which they feel prompts pilots (especially Heli Air Ambulance crews) to accept flights w/ hazardous weather when they shouldn’t. But here they are. Using that word. Because “men” is bad…

What’s next, no more “cockpit” because it has the C word in it?! :bs:

Top Bottom