• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    This is tomorrow's project, after the furnace check-up is complete.

A gentleman is supplying a piece of Emerald green Corian for these. It's only one piece, and it isn't available any longer, so I hope I don't screw it up. Anything could happen... power surge, power outage, broken cutter, or a multitude of other disasters.

I had a clamp failure on a twelve hour run, using a $300 piece of material once.
    Not only was the project destroyed, but it took out a $80 cutter with it. That was a bad day.

Anyway...

1667598320843.png

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    So about 2 weeks ago I was cleaning out my scraps and about to throw away a lot of little, narrow pieces and decided I just couldn't. So i planed all to same thickness (about 7/16”), cut to a uniform width, chopped a bunch of uniform parallelograms out on the mitre saw and rounded over edges.

1667760027291.jpeg

then started playing with shapes & colors (legos for woodworkers?) and ended up with this, about 40” x 21”. No clue what I will do with it but this is what I do while awaiting supplies for the next project.

1667760131217.jpeg

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    So about 2 weeks ago I was cleaning out my scraps and about to throw away a lot of little, narrow pieces and decided I just couldn't. So i planed all to same thickness (about 7/16”), cut to a uniform width, chopped a bunch of uniform parallelograms out on the mitre saw and rounded over edges.

View attachment 235172

then started playing with shapes & colors (legos for woodworkers?) and ended up with this, about 40” x 21”. No clue what I will do with it but this is what I do while awaiting supplies for the next project.

View attachment 235174
    That’s actually really nice looking! I could definitely see that hanging on a wall.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    How much amperage is available in 120V
    Depends, i have a 30 amp circuit for my dust collector, but my 1.75 hp table saw is on a 20 amp. For most hobby woodworkers a 120v 10” saw will do what you need. Just need to have sharp, clean blades and and an appropriate feed rate. All the used table saws I was recommending earlier are 120v and would run fine on a 20 amp circuit.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Depends, i have a 30 amp circuit for my dust collector, but my 1.75 hp table saw is on a 20 amp. For most hobby woodworkers a 120v 10” saw will do what you need. Just need to have sharp, clean blades and and an appropriate feed rate. All the used table saws I was recommending earlier are 120v and would run fine on a 20 amp circuit.
    What is the reason you cant take your shops feed and flip it to 240V?

Ok, so if that was MY predicament I would not run the dust collector with my table saw.
    I run a Powermatic 66 that came with a single ph 3hp Baldor motor. When wired 120V it requires 16 amps to run, I would hook it up to the 30 amp circuit also.
    I would much rather have a bigger hp cabinet saw to use.

What amperage is the dust collector?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    What is the reason you cant take your shops feed and flip it to 240V?

Ok, so if that was MY predicament I would not run the dust collector with my table saw.
    I run a Powermatic 66 that came with a single ph 3hp Baldor motor. When wired 120V it requires 16 amps to run, I would hook it up to the 30 amp circuit also.
    I would much rather have a bigger hp cabinet saw to use.

What amperage is the dust collector?
    The saw and dust collector are on separate circuits, so no issues. The dust collector draws about 18 amps at steady state but a little over 20 on startup. The manufacturer recommends running a dedicated 30 amp circuit for it so that was what I did. 24 ft run of 10 ga wire to the box with a 30 amp breaker and RV type 30 amp outlet. My sub panel is a 100 amp panel. Took me about an hour to so in my basement workshop. I considered getting a 3 hp cabinet tablesaw when I bought this one but logistics and getting it into the basement swayed the decision to go with a contractors saw, however, I upgraded to cast iron wings and a 52” fence. Was just easier to get into the basement and works great for me and I mill almost all my own limber from rough sawn (buddy has a woodmizer mill) air dried wood.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The saw and dust collector are on separate circuits, so no issues. The dust collector draws about 18 amps at steady state but a little over 20 on startup. The manufacturer recommends running a dedicated 30 amp circuit for it so that was what I did. 24 ft run of 10 ga wire to the box with a 30 amp breaker and RV type 30 amp outlet. My sub panel is a 100 amp panel. Took me about an hour to so in my basement workshop. I considered getting a 3 hp cabinet tablesaw when I bought this one but logistics and getting it into the basement swayed the decision to go with a contractors saw, however, I upgraded to cast iron wings and a 52” fence. Was just easier to get into the basement and works great for me and I mill almost all my own limber from rough sawn (buddy has a woodmizer mill) air dried wood.
    I get it, my father always used a Delta contractors saw.
    Adding cast was a good idea.

He pushed a few sheets of AA 3/4 ply through my 66 and made the comment it wasn't as nice as my brothers Powermatic. lol
    Years and years ago I dragged home a Powermatic 72 12" cabinet that was used in pallet manufacturing. I had it dipped, I sprayed it, new bearings, had the top reground, new 5hp SF Baldor and a Vega fence. When I started it for the first time I thought it sounded like a 72" sawmill.
    It truly scared me. Im like Nope.
    I sold it to my brother. I kept the 3' extra cast that filled the fence area.
    He still whines about that cast.

With my 66 I ordered it with a Bicmeyer? 52" fence. What fence did you buy?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I actually upgraded to a SawStop contractors a few years ago and have their T-glide fence. Works as well as the Delta Unifence. Have not had to adjust in the last 2 years. Remains true when I check it.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I actually upgraded to a SawStop contractors a few years ago and have their T-glide fence. Works as well as the Delta Unifence. Have not had to adjust in the last 2 years. Remains true when I check it.
    Wife insisted on it as at the time my livelihood depended on having all my fingers :):

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I just finished a 86” wide flag.
    And a concealment mountain box.
    Next time I will build a shooting board so I can make the angles fit a little better.

Attachments

• A556019D-162C-4E21-A91B-5A956BABE3D1.png
      A556019D-162C-4E21-A91B-5A956BABE3D1.png
      2.2 MB · Views: 17
    • 62362D78-01FC-48F2-BEEE-8A7CBFE8EF8C.png
      62362D78-01FC-48F2-BEEE-8A7CBFE8EF8C.png
      2.1 MB · Views: 17
    Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Nothing FANCY to see here.

Just a table that is 5.5" wide, 68" long and 32" tall.

My daughter's apartment has power outlets behind her couch, she runs a power strip over the back of the couch, plugs in her phone charger and computer into the power strip. It looks pretty unsightly.

So I am making her a skinny table that will fit between the couch and the wall. It will create a long narrow shelf along the length of her couch. Inset into the shelf will be 2 duplex outlets. Each of those duplex outlets will also have 2 USB "A" charging ports and 1 USB "C" charging port. So she won't need the to use phone chargers or hang the power strip over the back of her couch.

I offset the legs from the wall side of the table to accommodate her baseboards. And the 1x6 table top will sit firmly just on top of the back of her couch so nothing will fall down behind the couch because the table fills the gap.

Simple 2x4 lumber for the sides. Top is a pre-primed piece of furniture grade wood (pine?). A heavy duty extension cord will be sacrificed for the wiring. Putty is currently drying in the screw holes, those will be sanded smooth. The whole thing will be painted white.

tempImagePOPQPD.jpg

tempImagehYQ0uz.jpg

9FCAEB93-50AF-45A1-AD29-D57B9182EECC.jpeg

7E1EEF3C-70C9-4965-979B-BEEA90A5B54E.jpeg

Top Bottom