• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I finally finished my tie rack. Central America Mahogany, french polish (shellac and elbow grease).

full

full

full

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    When my GF's father retired from farming 20 yrs ago he bought a sawmill and began milling trees from his properties. He passed away last year and now the property belongs to his youngest son/grandson.

We visited her mom's today and I took a few photos of the shop and barns. The sawmill was sold but the woodshop is still there as well as a nice supply of roughcut maple, oak, and cherry boards.

I am hoping to get permission to acquire/buy some of it eventually. It must be worth a fortune at today's hardwood prices.

He was indeed a very talented boilermaker/farmer/woodworker.

Here's some eye candy for you woodworkers:
    1659925999984.jpeg

1659926036093.jpeg

1659926064654.jpeg

He made the table, chairs, cabinets/trim, and flooring for his house all automotive urethane coated.

I love wood, I wish I could afford such a hobby.
    1659926138994.jpeg

Last edited:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    When my GF's father retired from farming 20 yrs ago he bought a sawmill and began milling trees from his properties. He passed away last year and now the property belongs to his youngest son/grandson.

We visited her mom's today and I took a few photos of the shop and barns. The sawmill was sold but the woodshop is still there as well as a nice supply of roughcut maple, oak, and cherry boards.

I am hoping to get permission to acquire/buy some of it eventually. It must be worth a fortune at today's hardwood prices.

He was indeed a very talented boilermaker/farmer/woodworker.

Here's some eye candy for you woodworkers:
    View attachment 216435

View attachment 216436

View attachment 216437

He made the table, chairs, cabinets/trim, and flooring for his house all automotive urethane coated.

I love wood, I wish I could afford such a hobby.
    View attachment 216438
    Wow, that’s gorgeous!

Lpherr

Occupied
    I wish I had the space to utilize my equipment.
    I've kept adding machinery and materials over the years but, now I don't have enough room to build the things I got the equipment and materials for. And I don't look forward to moving it all, IF that day ever happens.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My son s getting married next month. A couple of months ago, we were talking over the wedding plans with him. He mentioned that they were looking at renting an arbor for the ceremony, but it seemed like too much money for something that wasn't quite what they wanted. My son said he wanted to build one, but he doesn't have the time with all of the overtime he is getting and he would have to come to my house to build it.

I asked if he minded if I helped out. He said he would appreciate it and we talked design. There are a couple of details to finish, then staining: 65A1C722-6EFD-4DD7-996F-B74F2ED96C9A.jpeg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    My son s getting married next month. A couple of months ago, we were talking over the wedding plans with him. He mentioned that they were looking at renting an arbor for the ceremony, but it seemed like too much money for something that wasn't quite what they wanted. My son said he wanted to build one, but he doesn't have the time with all of the overtime he is getting and he would have to come to my house to build it.

I asked if he minded if I helped out. He said he would appreciate it and we talked design. There are a couple of details to finish, then staining: View attachment 216646
    Nice! Is it made of a wood that they can use in the yard After the wedding?

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    HoughMade, that is top notch work!! Good for you!!

Axxe55

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Texas.
    My brother decided to tear out his old back deck and build a new one that was more in line with his needs for a deck. His house was built in the late 1970's as was the deck. Made mostly of PTL 2x6's and 4x4's, there was a lot of still good lumber there. I salvaged quite a bit to end up building a new worktable in my garage. Table is 4' x7' x40" tall. I built it tall enough to be able to put some cabinets and tool boxes underneath along with my welder and cart as well.

pNrkn6zl.jpg

6hZkQBal.jpg

HgHtTMgl.jpg

oSKNr95l.jpg

ZdtoVY0l.jpg

B6o1ALyl.jpg

I mounted my belt grinder, drill press and bench grinder on one side of the table. Wired into an outlet in the attic and dropped it down to the table for power. My big vise is mounted on an opposite corner on the other side of the table.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom