• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I will add: This holster exceeds my expectations, you can’t see it from this side but it is form fitted, the knife locks in like a quality gun holster. It will outlive me. The knife is absolutely held securely in place. It rides comfortably and has the proper cant for easy quick one hand use. Colors are an option, I choose this because it matches my EDC holsters. Left hand and right hand are also options, so it won’t interfere with you’re strong side side arm.
    I had a lot of fun making your sheath. It was the first time vacuum forming. I used a vacuum bag to form the leather around the coin to get a nice crisp form.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I had a lot of fun making your sheath. It was the first time vacuum forming. I used a vacuum bag to form the leather around the coin to get a nice crisp form.
    I hope you enjoyed it as much as I do. It’s something I’ll be proud to wear for a long time. Wondered how that was done (formed) I know it’s like my Galco holsters and they are great at holding the gun they are made for. The knife locks in place positively no movement at all once seated. Thanks so much for a great job. :thumbsup:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    IMG_20230122_193226080.jpg I think I got the china patcher dialed in pretty good for this bridle leather. It'll really help production time. I modified the foot by cutting the end off and sliding some heat shrink tubing on the tines. Before the foot would cut the leather now it just leaves indentations that can be rubbed out with a glass slicker. This was 135 thread, I have some 207 coming to try. Some guys say it works some guy say it won't so we'll see.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Something funny about the china patcher. My son was standing by me when I opened the package for it. He saw the green and yelled "a frog dada it's a frog" so now around here the machine is called "frog" lol.

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Really liked the Springfield leather company saddle scabbard for a lever gun so I picked up the pattern. thinking about doing a basic scabbard just for fun here soon just need to justify the cost of leather since I don't have a horse or saddle or even a lever gun anymore. The way they did it there's no hardware on the scabbard itself so that nothing rubs the horse. I think doing some basket weave at the opening and running down about a 1/4 of the length of the scabbard would look cool.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I messaged a guy on fb marketplace about an industrial sewing machine early this week. Then thought, how often would I use it, couldn't justify the $250-275 purchase for the occasional gear I'd be making or repairing. Now I want it again.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I messaged a guy on fb marketplace about an industrial sewing machine early this week. Then thought, how often would I use it, couldn't justify the $250-275 purchase for the occasional gear I'd be making or repairing. Now I want it again.
    If I ever make it to the point that I'm comfortable starting a business I want to get a cobra class 4. But I don't have 3 grand to blow on a hobby at the moment.

The frog has already paid for itself in my eyes. I've only sold 2 things made on it but I've repaired some stuff and modified a few things that have been sitting in the corner for a while.

Reactions: Mij

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    @freekforge

Got another idea.
    How about some leather coasters?
    Have an American flag, or other designs on them. Would you be interested in making some for me?
    If so what kind of designs would you be about to do? Something patriotic, pro gun, etc.

Brown leather with white stitching like the picture above. Can be square or round.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    @DadSmith funny you ask that. I'm about to start a set of coasters for a guy I work with that will have a 2" flag and either "1776" or "USA" on them. Just waiting on the flag stamp to come in.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Stamp came today and got an extra surprise when I opened the package and had a "made in Indiana" stamp too. Tried it on an extremely ugly piece of skirting that I definitely didn't take the time to case properly and they turned out really good. Gonna try to get down in the basement tonight to start the coasters.

Stamps by rsfx laser products out of Indy IMG_20230206_173520700.jpg

Top Bottom