• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Im not against this but i paid almost $100 for this holster. It should be 100%
    I'm not arguing that in the least.

Call them or send it back. Personally I'd take 10 minutes and adjust the retention. The majority of my Crossbreeds have been too tight for my liking, so instead of sending them back, etc - I spend a few minutes dialing it in.

Everyone's feel is a bit different....they do have a two week full refund guarantee...

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    there's a reason the Crossbreed seconds website always has inventory :abused:
    they understand that most of us who've carried for a considerable amount of time have the classic "box-o-holsters".
    it's not easy to find the perfect holster.
    It seems as though you already made up your mind (before starting this thread) that you like your Aliengear and you're unhappy with your Crossbreed.
    Hey whatever works for you...run with it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is good to know i will get some mink oil. Sucks you got a bad product and then had to deal with bad people. My experience was stellar. Which is why I almost went with them again but i like to branch out and try new things.
    Just go easy on the oil. Too much and you will prematurely over condition it and make it too floppy too soon.
    So im going to assume this is not supposed to be this way. There is alot of back and forth movement of the gun even when wearing the holster. Thoughts on this?
    I just checked mine and it doesnt do that. (g19) I'd contact them to make it right.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I know many here like Crossbreed. I did not. It was easily the least comfortable holster I've tried of that design. I also found that the backing would interfere with assuming a proper grip and, when I was tubbier, would roll over making it harder to holster without flagging myself. The backing comes too close to where the trigger guard meets the grip, forcing a lower grip. The "Combat Cut" option reduces that but makes the sweat guard even floppier. The backing also comes up high enough you can catch your fingernails on it while attempting to draw. All of this is because the single layer backing is both too big and too floppy. If the clips are still metal, they are durable but they are rough on your belt and can scratch furniture that you sit on so just be aware.

I would offer a third option if you want a hybrid holster, the Comp-Tac Minotaur, such as: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2746127409

It uses two pieces of leather and the shape of one reinforces the other. The clips are plastic, I've yet to break one but be aware they are likely to not be as durable as metal clips. I did wear the holster through Craig Douglas' ECQC class, without issue, so I suspect the difference is mostly academic. The sweat guard is properly cut to not interfere with your assuming a grip. I found it much more comfortable than the Crossbreed.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Another vote for CompTac. I've more than a few of them OWB and IWB. Good designs, reliable, comfortable, and customer service that actually stand behind their products.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I know many here like Crossbreed. I did not. It was easily the least comfortable holster I've tried of that design. I also found that the backing would interfere with assuming a proper grip and, when I was tubbier, would roll over making it harder to holster without flagging myself. The backing comes too close to where the trigger guard meets the grip, forcing a lower grip. The "Combat Cut" option reduces that but makes the sweat guard even floppier. The backing also comes up high enough you can catch your fingernails on it while attempting to draw. All of this is because the single layer backing is both too big and too floppy. If the clips are still metal, they are durable but they are rough on your belt and can scratch furniture that you sit on so just be aware.

I would offer a third option if you want a hybrid holster, the Comp-Tac Minotaur, such as: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2746127409

It uses two pieces of leather and the shape of one reinforces the other. The clips are plastic, I've yet to break one but be aware they are likely to not be as durable as metal clips. I did wear the holster through Craig Douglas' ECQC class, without issue, so I suspect the difference is mostly academic. The sweat guard is properly cut to not interfere with your assuming a grip. I found it much more comfortable than the Crossbr
    plus it's on sale and decently priced.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    Just go easy on the oil. Too much and you will prematurely over condition it and make it too floppy too soon.

I just checked mine and it doesnt do that. (g19) I'd contact them to make it right.
    So i contacted them and they are telling me to heat the kydex and press it around the ejection port. Im going to attempt it when i get home. We will see how it goes. I do have a problem with them telling me to do this because i feel like i shouldnt be correcting a fitment issues from the factory.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland

It uses two pieces of leather and the shape of one reinforces the other. The clips are plastic, I've yet to break one but be aware they are likely to not be as durable as metal clips. I did wear the holster through Craig Douglas' ECQC class, without issue, so I suspect the difference is mostly academic. The sweat guard is properly cut to not interfere with your assuming a grip. I found it much more comfortable than the Crossbreed.
    I will check them out thank you!

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland

Check and they dont have an option for the pcr.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have had Crossbreed Supertucks for a long while now. I switched to an AIWB holster then switched back. I sweat a lot, a whole lot. So much so that I have rusted thru the rivets . They always send me a new holster. I now seal everything on the body side with nail polish which seems to make it last longer.

I should add a little heat to the kydex to get it tighter. That is the worry I have always had with these holsters. Rolling around and the gun dislodging. During everyday moving and working it stays put, probably because of my tactical organic armor.

Sending a slide away so I can mount a Holosun on it so I need to get something with an optic cut.

Planned to go with Crossbreed, but now looking at the alien and MTAC.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    A lot of people seem to really like their Aliengear holsters. AG have sold millions and people who actually use them also like to put up positive reviews. There are better (and more expensive) options but for people just starting out and/or on a tight budget then I guess AG fits those needs well.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Ordered a Crossbreed Reckoning. First time I ordered a second from them. Will see how it looks. No warranty on them. It is a bit narrower than the supertuck and looks to have more options for securing the gun. I got the optic cut version and it can be adjusted to use AIWB if I try that again.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Yep. Comp-Tac. Been wearing them for well over 10 years now and never had a problem. I really like their mag pouches as well. Now if Raven would just bring back their phantom line the world would be a more blissful place

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For subcompacts, I am a big fan of AG. Full framed, I think there are better choices. At least to me, AG seems like the weight/bulk of a full sized is a bit too much for it to handle.

Top Bottom