• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    I have an aliengear for my shield and just received a crossbreed supertuck for my PCR. First impressions i like the aliengear better. I did get the horsehide with my crossbreed. It was considerably more than my aliengear holster.
    I know alot of people hate on aliengear saying they are cheap holsters but my experience has been great. Its super comfortable to the point i barely know its there.
    I havnt got to wear the crossbreed yet but i went with crossbreed because of user recommendations saying they were alot better than aliengear holsters. Im sure once the leather gets broken in it will be very comfortable.
    What are thoughts on this. Im curious on everyones opinions here.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I have a crossbreed that I like. I’ve had it forever and it’s still in great shape. I have since started buying black arch holsters and like them even more though.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I got the alien gear leather holster, love it!! Have traded in 2 other shells to get to the one I have now.. M&P 9c, only cost the postage to AG....

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    You said it:
    I was a bit disappointed that the crossbreed didnt come with adjustable retention strength. The alien gear does. They do have a trial period so if i dont like it i can always send it back.
    Im not understanding why people hate on aliengear stuff. You get alot more imo for the money. Also the cloth backing on the aliengear is very comfortable im a bit concerned with how hot the leather is going to be.
    other than wearing the crossbreed any other way i can accelerate the break in?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I was a bit disappointed that the crossbreed didnt come with adjustable retention strength. The alien gear does. They do have a trial period so if i dont like it i can always send it back.
    Im not understanding why people hate on aliengear stuff. You get alot more imo for the money. Also the cloth backing on the aliengear is very comfortable im a bit concerned with how hot the leather is going to be.
    I wore mine all day every day for a month in the summertime before I felt like it was breaking in. After a couple months it was perfect. I've since moved on to Milt Sparks and Kramer but I can recommend Crossbreed over AG as I do have extensive experience with both.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Big fan of Crossbreeds here. Look at crossbreedseconds.com and get them at half price.

They're adjustable, you just need to heat the kydex with a hair dryer to warm it up and adjust the retention.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    I wore mine all day every day for a month in the summertime before I felt like it was breaking in. After a couple months it was perfect. I've since moved on to Milt Sparks and Kramer but I can recommend Crossbreed over AG as I do have extensive experience with both.
    Can you give some reasoning as to why you recommend crossbreed over AG?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Thats good to know but what if you make it too loose?
    Heat it, put the unloaded gun back in it and press down on the kydex to tighten it back up.

I had one alien gear, wasn't a fan of all the screws. Harwell Clip n Go's (single clips) were my go to for years before Crossbreeds. $35 shipped for a Crossbreed is hard to beat...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I (almost)EDC a Crossbreed. They are solid. They break in faster if you condition the back with Mink Oil.

I tried an AlienGear and got shoddy craftsmanship, followed by bipolar customer service.

My experience.

But many more here swear by them. To each their own.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Crossbreed Reckoning does have adjustable retention

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've tried many, many brands and I love Alien Gear IWB holsters. Not a fan of their owb but they make a great iwb and it's hard to beat.

OWB I recently found and fell in love with 1791gunleather.com beautifully made holsters very well made.

You can also cut off the plastic to accommodate a red dot they still warranty it. And will take it for trade in later. I talked to a AG rep about it since they did not make a red dot holster for the CZ P10F. They encouraged me to make the adjustments myself no problems they said.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    Heat it, put the unloaded gun back in it and press down on the kydex to tighten it back up.

I had one alien gear, wasn't a fan of all the screws. Harwell Clip n Go's (single clips) were my go to for years before Crossbreeds. $35 shipped for a Crossbreed is hard to beat...
    Well my crossbreed was $90. I got the horsehide and extra jclips. I can appreciate not liking all the screws for sure

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    I (almost)EDC a Crossbreed. They are solid. They break in faster if you condition the back with Mink Oil.

I tried an AlienGear and got shoddy craftsmanship, followed by bipolar customer service.

My experience.

But many more here swear by them. To each their own.
    This is good to know i will get some mink oil. Sucks you got a bad product and then had to deal with bad people. My experience was stellar. Which is why I almost went with them again but i like to branch out and try new things.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    So im going to assume this is not supposed to be this way. There is alot of back and forth movement of the gun even when wearing the holster. Thoughts on this?

Attachments

• C7BD3462-48CE-41C0-AE4C-917CF5315E80.jpeg
      C7BD3462-48CE-41C0-AE4C-917CF5315E80.jpeg
      1.9 MB · Views: 7
    • A47F22D8-C568-497E-9019-8FB3C1CDDD71.jpeg
      A47F22D8-C568-497E-9019-8FB3C1CDDD71.jpeg
      1.9 MB · Views: 7
    Top Bottom