• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The Alabama legislature could save some on the next budget by disestablishing the ALDOT, since apparently all the big problems they were tasked with, like chuckholes and bridge maintenance and such have apparently been solved and they don't have anything else to do....:rolleyes:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    The Alabama legislature could save some on the next budget by disestablishing the ALDOT, since apparently all the big problems they were tasked with, like chuckholes and bridge maintenance and such have apparently been solved and they don't have anything else to do....:rolleyes:
    :+1:

I would imagine banning guns at rest stops is easier than doing asphalt and bridge work.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, stop at one of the thousands of gas stations or restaurants in the state to pee. Buy a candy bar or some gas while you're there. They'll be grateful for the business. There are only 8 rest areas in the state. Easy to bypass.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So, stop at one of the thousands of gas stations or restaurants in the state to pee. Buy a candy bar or some gas while you're there. They'll be grateful for the business. There are only 8 rest areas in the state. Easy to bypass.

But I want my free souvenir map

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In claiming this power, ALDOT has written its own administrative rule 450-3-1-.08(3), which read in part, “No person other than a duly authorized law enforcement officer shall enter any Alabama Department of Transportation building with a firearm … ”

Whenever you see some bureaucrat trot one of these tired canards out in the name of safety they need to be reminded:

image.jpg1_zpssgqtccph.jpg

They don't work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000

simple solution

not that I've stopped at a rest stop in years anyway. Any stop I make on a road trip at my age must serve multiple purposes. Fuel, facilities, and food all in one. Rest stops aren't even a consideration.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The facility's at most rest stops are not very pleasant. I try and avoid the hassles and......well.....the weirdo's that congregate at them

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    Was just passing through there a couple months ago, the rest area I stopped at had a huge concrete block that had the second amendment printed out on it, guess that will be removed too.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

True, but I have always been fond of the welcome center on southbound I65 when you enter from Tennessee. The rocket ship always gets my kids wound up. Just what I need in the middle of a 10 hour trip, eh? We have stopped there every trip for the past 20+ years. So sad we could be considered criminals for doing so in the future.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True, but I have always been fond of the welcome center on southbound I65 when you enter from Tennessee. The rocket ship always gets my kids wound up. Just what I need in the middle of a 10 hour trip, eh? We have stopped there every trip for the past 20+ years. So sad we could be considered criminals for doing so in the future.

I know that place.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield

When I drove a semi that was always my cat-nap stop.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hmmm...I must've missed all the media reports of gun play in Alabama rest stops that prompted this action.

Top Bottom