• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was thinking the same thing.

Several years ago (probably 20 now), me and several of my friends (who happen to be gay), went to the Pizza King in Avon for some grub and suds on my birthday. It was later on a Friday night, and it appeared that the local high school football team and cheerleaders were at the restaurant too. Unfortunately, we were all heckled pretty bad by a few of the football players and ended up leaving. I was pissed as hell, but sometimes stupid people act like idiots. We didn't form a "gay lives matter" group or demand that the kids working that night be fired. We just chalked it up to a bad night. Sometimes, sh** happens. People need to put on their big girl/big boy pants and move on.

That seems to require too much effort from those who have the ability to do so.

I think that ability is being selectively eliminated from the gene pool, along with most other traits I associate with strength and are being replaced by a variety of weaknesses.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Do I have to be the one to mention Asians too? I am carrying all the racism and the load is pretty heavy I don't mind saying'

What kind of Asians? Are they all equally bad tippers, or is there a bad tipping hierarchy, as Russell Peters' comedy act would suggest?

This could get really complicated really quickly!

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I am so tired of ---

* Race being the source of all that is unacceptable to the self involved.
    * Questioning MY actions solely on the grounds I was born white.
    * Race baiters stirring up "<group> lives matter" when we should be standing together - ALL lives matter.
    * Lack of compassion, empathy for those that protect us, public servants - even Taxi drivers.
    * Reverse racism going ignored.

Mike (likely to be banned today.)

Reverse racism going ignored. ........................ There is no "reverse discrimination", only discrimination.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What kind of Asians? Are they all equally bad tippers, or is there a bad tipping hierarchy, as Russell Peters' comedy act would suggest?

This could get really complicated really quickly!

They all look the same and tip the same. #racistlivesmatter

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am so tired of ---

* Race being the source of all that is unacceptable to the self involved.
    * Questioning MY actions solely on the grounds I was born white.
    * Race baiters stirring up "<group> lives matter" when we should be standing together - ALL lives matter.
    * Lack of compassion, empathy for those that protect us, public servants - even Taxi drivers.
    * Reverse racism going ignored.

Mike (likely to be banned today.)

Well, Mike, I agree with you, 100% !!!!!

To me, it is just an EXCUSE, for something else !!!!! ( what, I don't know) !!!!!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    If I was in Al Roker's shoes, I too would be angry about what happened. He just happens to be in a position, where he can bring a lot of attention to it. That too is appropriate, given his trustworthy reputation over a long period of time.

If this incident had happened in Indy, we would have been embarrassed as a community.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    From my family members who worked as waitresses, young people. From the pizza drivers I worked with the same. Heck we liked the runs in black neighborhoods they tipped decent.

No answer Kutnupe?

I really, really, REALLY hope you're not talking about a massage parlor. I don't need that image in my head.

There are a couple of other places other than a restaurant and massage parlor that take tips, although the image would probably be the same...

You've lived a sheltered life.

Why? Other than he hasn't had family in the restaurant biz. Doesn't mean he had a sheltered life.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I don't have the link handy, but they found the taxi driver, who is Bangladeshi. He says he just didn't see Roker. On the other hand, he has a record of skipping black passengers. He was fined for that, and now he stands to receive a bigger fine a suspension of his license.

I don't know why people are picking sides. Was any of you there in NY? There is just too little information.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No answer Kutnupe?

Was there a question?

Why? Other than he hasn't had family in the restaurant biz. Doesn't mean he had a sheltered life.
    Does one need family in the restaurant biz to know that stereotype?

I standby my belief that he's had a sheltered life if he's never heard that before.

Top Bottom