• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    If some of you have been looking for this fine publication I found a company that has 3 left in stock for 49.95 that's a whole lot better that 170-200$$$
    This book is outta print and is skyrocketing in price, look for yourself. They say this is the AK bible and is more than a few inches thick of AK goodness.

Small Arms Review online store

ak_cover.png

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    errrr a second edition?!?!

Really!!!:xmad:???

So,

Are they including the Saiga and Vepr line in this one?? I heard he kinda forgot about em:rolleyes:
    Being that they were introduced in the 90's how did he manage to miss this one??

I didn't know about this missing information until I placed my order..:(

where did ya hear this Shooter?

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    HLY THREAD REVIVAL AK GRIM REAPER 2 a no go?

From the author. I contributed some photos for the first edition, and he contacted me recently for some additional pics for the update.

I hear there is no other 2nd edition of the AK Grim Reaper coming out from every source possible.
    You were sayin you contributed "additional pics" for another edition to the author? did the "Author" happen tell you when he might expect it to come out?

I was chatting over at the AK files and mentioned that you contributed photos for another edition at the "Authors request"awhile back and everyone over there says he's not doing another edition.

Do you have any new, accurate info on this Shooter?:patriot:
    There seems to be a few thousand waiting for the mysterious 2nd edition.:ar15:

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I hear there is no other 2nd edition of the AK Grim Reaper coming out from every source possible.

How about the author himself? ;)

frank_email.jpg

You were sayin you contributed "additional pics" for another edition to the author? did the "Author" happen tell you when he might expect it to come out?

As of a couple weeks ago, he said the book was WAY overdue (IIRC, his original deadline was in February), but was almost complete. :yesway:

I was chatting over at the AK files and mentioned that you contributed photos for another edition at the "Authors request"awhile back and everyone over there says he's not doing another edition.

Can you post a link to the thread? I could not find anything relevant by searching on "Grim Reaper" or in your post history there. I did find, however, where member "AKBLUE" also makes reference to a forthcoming update. Oh, and I also found out my last login there was 11-14-2005. :):

Last edited:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Cant seem to find the other talkins about the book on the AK Files
    found one,

I "heard" that it was supposed to come out in March:dunno:

wtb: the grim reaper - Page 2 - The AK Files Forums

At least we can see from the man himself that it WILL eventually come out:rockwoot: I Have passed the word with a clip of the email to tame these eager beasts!

How did you meet Frank??

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    How did you meet Frank??

Through the wonder of the internet; we've never met in person. :)

After reading my AK-74 Magazine Guide and some of my postings on theakforum.net, he contacted me with some mag-related questions as he was writing The Grim Reaper. That led to me providing a number of photos for that book, and we have stayed in contact since.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Nice!!:yesway:

I would love to have pics of my baby in that book:wwub:
    since you have the most accurate info Ive came across
    Keep us posted:ingo::patriot::ar15:

Top Bottom