• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I have a converted Saiga AK (7.62x39) and it has quite a bit of muzzle rise. I believe it has a threaded barrel, but have not added a slant brake/muzzle brake to it. I do have a 8 position adjustable stock with recoil/spring system. I am trying to reduce muzzle rise as much as possible to make follow up shots quicker.

Any suggestions? Does a slant/muzzle brake make a significant difference?

Any help you guys can give me would be appreciated! No modification is too small, I would like to make follow up shots as fast as possible.

vitamink I am sure you have some good suggestions for me!! You seem to know a lot about Saiga's, help me out lol!

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    The slant only works in full-auto. Now, I believe AMD-65 brakes and AK-74 brakes will be the best "com-bloc" brakes you can find, unless you want to find a brake with AK threads on it, but those two are the most common ones.

duffman0286

Master
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    The slant only works in full-auto. Now, I believe AMD-65 brakes and AK-74 brakes will be the best "com-bloc" brakes you can find, unless you want to find a brake with AK threads on it, but those two are the most common ones.
    +1 even the slant break doesnt help much in full tilt but with out it they are uncontrollable (i enjoyed Iraq lol) but i agree the 74 split brake is on the finest brakes ever designed on a 74 you can mag dump on a target all day long with next to no climb at all

Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    The slant only works in full-auto.

meh, while I think the slant brake isn't great, Ive tried it with and with out in semi, and it works 'just ok'...... just like it does in full auto.

but like everyone has said, the 74 brake is awesome, and the 74 style brake on my SGL21 works well.

duffman0286

Master
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Won't argue with that, but I was referring to mechanical modifications.
    more weight up front but who wants thats..... i always used a hasty sling method when firing full tilt help to control the rifle quite a bit... a forgrip is also another item you could use but training and a hasty sling is the way i would go

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'd suggest the AKBC (battlecomp) as muzzle climb disappears but the price point is a little salty. Primary weapon systems makes one that is almost as good. For a couple of bucks, the standard "74" style is a good and cheap option that works surprisingly well. If you want awesome performance shell out 200 bones and get the AKBC.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I'd suggest the AKBC (battlecomp) as muzzle climb disappears but the price point is a little salty. Primary weapon systems makes one that is almost as good. For a couple of bucks, the standard "74" style is a good and cheap option that works surprisingly well. If you want awesome performance shell out 200 bones and get the AKBC.

I knew you would come through for me! Looks like I need to save a couple hundred bucks! The one handed auto AR sold me!

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom