• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    I appreciate all the responses, and there are some very good points being made,
    But I like to tinker with things, I like saving guns from bad homes....lol......and this one has character.....I have other store bought AKs so having something to shoot isn't an issue..
    I just for some reason like THIS one....can't explain it....don't know why....I hope it all works out.
    I think I might source my own reciever and build this myself....at least take a crack at it..
    "These things are build in mud huts in 3rd world countries.....how hard can it be."sarcasm".

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    It really is the golden age of AKs in the US.

I'd argue the golden age of AKs here was back when a WASR still cost $500, parts kits from just about every former combloc nation were plentiful, Saigas and VEPRs weren't banned, 7N6 was still coming in by the cargo ship load, and Arsenal SLR and SGL rifles could still be bought for about a grand ... but I do fully agree there's a lot of great options available today. You just need a lot of gold to buy them!

And yeah, kits (especially rough ones) are usually ill advised for most newcomers. Not to mention Yugo-pattern guns follow different rules than most AKMs. That's why I generally recommend a WASR for a first AK, but even those things are hard to come by these days and pushing four figures.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd argue the golden age of AKs here was back when a WASR still cost $500, parts kits from just about every former combloc nation were plentiful, Saigas and VEPRs weren't banned, 7N6 was still coming in by the cargo ship load, and Arsenal SLR and SGL rifles could still be bought for about a grand ... but I do fully agree there's a lot of great options available today. You just need a lot of gold to buy them!

And yeah, kits (especially rough ones) are usually ill advised for most newcomers. Not to mention Yugo-pattern guns follow different rules than most AKMs. That's why I generally recommend a WASR for a first AK, but even those things are hard to come by these days and pushing four figures.
    That is all true. And I wish all that was still so.

arbitrary

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Those old Yugos are stouter than other akm’s because they were built to be grenade launchers. I built one and it was much harder than the romie’s and bulgie. Otherwise a great rifle.

Top Bottom