• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Finished rifle, yes? Not the headspaced kit? That wood looks terrific. How's the overall fit and finish? I've REALLY been fighting back the urge to get one of these.
    Yes, finished rifle. As you know this is supposed to be battlefield pick up condition. If they hadn’t scuffed up the paint themselves, I don’t think there would have been a mark on her.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The builder working on my Saiga conversion posted some working updates on Reddit. I'm so ready to get it back.
    Purchased from a user here on INGO.
    Look familiar @mammynun
    View attachment 240147 View attachment 240148 View attachment 240166 View attachment 240167 View attachment 240168 View attachment 240169 View attachment 240170 View attachment 240171 View attachment 240172 View attachment 240173
    I see a lot of AK John's work over on AK forums. How much was that conversation if you don't mind me asking

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I see a lot of AK John's work over on AK forums. How much was that conversation if you don't mind me asking
    I don't want to quote for him necessarily, but he is very fairly priced. Trunnion swap, folding latch, barrel reprofile, cut, crown, relocate gas port, install fsgb, weld all the extra holes, weld on pistol grip reinforcement plate, and complete refinishing w/ NFA engraving for sub 4 figures. His quote was under half what other prominent builders quoted.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Is this one of Atlantic's Hungarian built rifles? If so did you refinish the blonde wood? That's a great looking rifle

Thanks, man! Haven't touched the wood. It's probably my favorite aspect of the whole gun.

And yes - it is one of the finished builds on a Childers receiver. I'm honestly not a fan of the brillo pad "muh BFPU" job, but it's only on the receiver so a re-refinish isn't out of the question. The surplus parts look wonderfully, naturally worn but don't match the receiver finish at all. Overall I'm quite impressed with the gun though, especially with a Polish barrel and this price point.

Did you snag a kit to build up?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Thanks, man! Haven't touched the wood. It's probably my favorite aspect of the whole gun.

And yes - it is one of the finished builds on a Childers receiver. I'm honestly not a fan of the brillo pad "muh BFPU" job, but it's only on the receiver so a re-refinish isn't out of the question. The surplus parts look wonderfully, naturally worn but don't match the receiver finish at all. Overall I'm quite impressed with the gun though, especially with a Polish barrel and this price point.

Did you snag a kit to build up?
    I haven't bought that Hungarian kit yet. I will but trying to get all Christmas bought first before I go spend another $600 on myself. I do have that '70 Romy underfolder kit. Have everything I need now. Just need to get a time lined up with my buddy to build it out. I thought those Hungarian kits all had blonde wood?

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I haven't bought that Hungarian kit yet. I will but trying to get all Christmas bought first before I go spend another $600 on myself. I do have that '70 Romy underfolder kit. Have everything I need now. Just need to get a time lined up with my buddy to build it out. I thought those Hungarian kits all had blonde wood?

Mine is blonde but pretty well used. If you notice there is a blonde band around the stock that is several inches wide and lighter than the rest of the wood. There's also an Arabic sticker on the other side of the stock. Since these were apparently used in Iraq or Lebanon, maybe some paki tape covered the stock at one point.

Top Bottom