• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Finally deleted the 7.62x39 Galil ACE rifle. First time with a BCM grip but it feels comfortable. Also rocking a KNS piston, and shooting suppressed with subsonic Brown Bear is a thing of beauty.

U2n8yhGh.jpeg

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    My first AK! Waited to post until red dot came in from optics planet.

M+M Industries m10-762
    Hogue FDE furniture
    UTG pro side mount( RS model I want is OOS, eventual upgrade. This one sits a bit high)
    Vortex Strikefire II OPMOD

Nice shooter! I had one of the older M10s from before Century sued M+M (far right AK in my avatar), and it was a solid gun.

I MAY still have an RS Regulate AK-310M somewhere in my stash. No promises, but PM me if you're interested and I'll try to find it.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    First AKs have me reminiscing about Romania. Despite my affinity for the "fancier" stuff, I still have a bucket of love for the WASR.

Here's an unfired 1970 10/63 on the left, and my first AK on the right ... a simple WASR-10 with about a gazillion rounds through it and zero (if memory serves) malfunctions. It has served as a faithful AK ambassador, been shot by dozens of gun noobs, and even managed to convert more than a few to the ways of Kalashnikov.

aZyG4seh.jpg

rutheborger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tippecanoe
    First AKs have me reminiscing about Romania. Despite my affinity for the "fancier" stuff, I still have a bucket of love for the WASR.

Here's an unfired 1970 10/63 on the left, and my first AK on the right ... a simple WASR-10 with about a gazillion rounds through it and zero (if memory serves) malfunctions. It has served as a faithful AK ambassador, been shot by dozens of gun noobs, and even managed to convert more than a few to the ways of Kalashnikov.

aZyG4seh.jpg
    Very nice duo. What had you go with a cheese grater upper handguard instead of a wooden one?

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Very nice duo. What had you go with a cheese grater upper handguard instead of a wooden one?

Thanks! And no good reason other than wanting it to look a bit different. That WASR-10 has been through more revisions than I can count, and always serves as a testbed for stuff I want to tinker with on AKs. This was well before Reddit caught fire with AK posers - I bought that cheese grater upper back when Khyber Customs first started offering them.

rutheborger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tippecanoe
    Thanks! And no good reason other than wanting it to look a bit different. That WASR-10 has been through more revisions than I can count, and always serves as a testbed for stuff I want to tinker with on AKs. This was well before Reddit caught fire with AK posers - I bought that cheese grater upper back when Khyber Customs first started offering them.
    Reddit AK posers...who would have thought? I could see why you would combo it with the wooden dong instead of the traditional lower handguard. When carrying mine I'll sometimes grip the traditional Upper/Lower; not so easy to do with the Dong on the other side.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I'll sometimes grip the traditional Upper/Lower; not so easy to do with the Dong on the other side.

I do kind of the same thing even with the lower dong. All jokes and snickering aside, my dong grip is more pinky and ring finger, with the other two fingers and thumb gripping the upper handguard (like with a stubbier Zenitco RK-4 or RK-6 vertical grip). I have longer arms and it feels more comfortable that way.

For slower, more controlled shooting, I usually grip the mag itself with four fingers and stabilize the left side of the receiver with my thumb.

rutheborger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tippecanoe
    I do kind of the same thing even with the lower dong. All jokes and snickering aside, my dong grip is more pinky and ring finger, with the other two fingers and thumb gripping the upper handguard (like with a stubbier Zenitco RK-4 or RK-6 vertical grip). I have longer arms and it feels more comfortable that way.

For slower, more controlled shooting, I usually grip the mag itself with four fingers and stabilize the left side of the receiver with my thumb.
    Position of the fingers noted! I'm going to be putting my Romy kit together soon, so your advice will come in handy.

rutheborger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tippecanoe
    Excited to see that for sure! What model kit do you have? I'm wrapping up a couple md. 90 clones as we speak.
    I've got a Model 63 kit that I picked up a few years ago. Unfortunately my buddy with the rivet press moved away soon after, so I've been in production limbo since then as I don't have the press nor the experience. Would be cool to learn how to rivet as I know how to press barrels already from putting AR kits together. Is your model 90 going to be with the wire stock?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Anyone have experience with the GF5 (latest generation) of PSA AKs? I sold off most of my AKs over the last couple years but am feeling the need for a basic fixed wood stock rifle. More importantly, they are making an underfolder with reverse dong - all matching numbers Romy kits, machine gun steel FN barrel. I have always wanted an underfolder with dong. Was going to convert a Draco C but a buddy talked me into selling it when times were getting crazy and he was without a high cap defense gun.

insert obligatory pic of my Hunky FEG.

Attachments

• FEG AMD-65 right.jpg
      FEG AMD-65 right.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 11

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Anyone have experience with the GF5 (latest generation) of PSA AKs? I sold off most of my AKs over the last couple years but am feeling the need for a basic fixed wood stock rifle. More importantly, they are making an underfolder with reverse dong - all matching numbers Romy kits, machine gun steel FN barrel. I have always wanted an underfolder with dong. Was going to convert a Draco C but a buddy talked me into selling it when times were getting crazy and he was without a high cap defense gun.

insert obligatory pic of my Hunky FEG.

Of all the AKs I have and have had, a Hungarian still eludes me. Nice looker you have there!

As for PSAs, I can't speak personally of the GF5 series, but from all the anecdotes I've read they seem pretty G2G. And if you get a lemon, PSA's lifetime warranty is there for a reason (I believe, though don't quote me on it, that the warranty extends to parts kit guns built by PSA). FWIW, my PSAK-74 and AK-V have been bulletproof so far.

If you're not familiar with Romanian underfolders, note the downward angle of the folding stock versus a straight/in-line folder on a Yugo-pattern gun. Some shooters find the "chin" weld on Romy UFs a bit uncomfortable, but you have an AMD-65 so I assume you're already used to that :cool:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I've had several UF models, Yugo, Romy, even a DDI. I am half Slovenian & Hungarian so am physically adapted to the AK in general. I too love the fit & finish on my AK-V though sadly it has not made it to the range yet. The scorpion is too cool to leave at home.

Top Bottom