• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I’m trying to understand why these sanctions are going on…I cannot make sense of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take logic out of it and it makes more sense. No need to ban guns when you can effectively turn them into boat paddles.

This pinko POS can't get rid of the guns here, but he can take away the ammo required to use them. And he just did. Bonus ban points for sticking it to all the brass shooters, who have benefitted for years with relatively affordable ammo, due to cheap steel cased ammo keeping brass prices in check. "I don't care about filthy 7.62x39 because muh AR" - all y'all are about to feel this sanction, too.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Take logic out of it and it makes more sense. No need to ban guns when you can effectively turn them into boat paddles.

This pinko POS can't get rid of the guns here, but he can take away the ammo required to use them. And he just did. Bonus ban points for sticking it to all the brass shooters, who have benefitted for years with relatively affordable ammo, due to cheap steel cased ammo keeping brass prices in check. "I don't care about filthy 7.62x39 because muh AR" - all y'all are about to feel this sanction, too.
    That’s the one thing Gun owners cannot comprehend. They fail to realize that what affects one, affects all. That being said, I have a hard time feeling sorry for any long time firearm enthusiast who doesn’t have a decent stockpile of ammo. We had 4 years of plentiful supply and relatively low prices.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    That’s the one thing Gun owners cannot comprehend. They fail to realize that what affects one, affects all. That being said, I have a hard time feeling sorry for any long time firearm enthusiast who doesn’t have a decent stockpile of ammo. We had 4 years of plentiful supply and relatively low prices.
    Yeah because **** those 18-20 somethings and poor people.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I keep telling myself I got a deal on this guy... not really the case. Anyways, can anyone point me in the right direction to pick up a decent set of wood for the handgaurd? View attachment 154399
    A lot of M70 owners are about to wish the bought M90s.

To answer your question. Depends. If you want surplus Apex has that for $140ish. Warsaw wood makes really nice sets starting around $200

Last edited:

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    A lot of M70 owners are about to wish the bought M90s.

To answer your question. Depends. If you want surplus Apex has that for $140ish. Warsaw wood makes really nice sets starting around $200
    I'm just curious, what makes you say that? I was looking for a little roughed up surplus, but I will check out Apex as well. Thanks!

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I'm just curious, what makes you say that? I was looking for a little roughed up surplus, but I will check out Apex as well. Thanks!
    The topic has been beat to death in another thread so I won't go on long about it. Suffice to say finding 223 to feed the M90 might be easier than finding x39 for the M70.

See
    Thread 'Russian ammo banned'
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/russian-ammo-banned.511018/

None of which is to suggest the M70 is a bad rifle, they're dope.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Yeah because **** those 18-20 somethings and poor people.
    “Any long time firearm enthusiast” that kind of excludes younger people making it not their fault. I’m too young to have been able to get in on all the amazing cheap surplus in the 40’s-90’s, cheap machine guns, etc. everyone has something to be bitter about because freedom has been dying in this country for many many decades.

that said, if you are around while the getting is good, GET IT! Don’t waste your money on stuff that’s not going away. That TV? It will be 1/3 it’s current price in 2-3 years and there will be one 10” bigger for the same price. I’m using the same Sony 40” tv I bought in 2012. But guns and ammo almost only go UP in price, and I’ve made a lot of comfort sacrifices to get guns and plenty of ammo because ever since I was young I could see where this country was headed.

cheap steel is gone now for the most part. Now buy good quality but cheaper brass if you can’t afford the higher end stuff. Because that will be gone one day too.

the noose around all our necks tightens. Support all other gun owners. Don’t just worry about “muh huntin raifa” “muh AR who cares about those AK guys” “ oh I don’t think people should have “assault weapons” anyways so I don’t care about that ban” because your neck is on the chopping block next for every extra bit of gun control passed.

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County
    “Any long time firearm enthusiast” that kind of excludes younger people making it not their fault. I’m too young to have been able to get in on all the amazing cheap surplus in the 40’s-90’s, cheap machine guns, etc. everyone has something to be bitter about because freedom has been dying in this country for many many decades.

that said, if you are around while the getting is good, GET IT! Don’t waste your money on stuff that’s not going away. That TV? It will be 1/3 it’s current price in 2-3 years and there will be one 10” bigger for the same price. I’m using the same Sony 40” tv I bought in 2012. But guns and ammo almost only go UP in price, and I’ve made a lot of comfort sacrifices to get guns and plenty of ammo because ever since I was young I could see where this country was headed.

cheap steel is gone now for the most part. Now buy good quality but cheaper brass if you can’t afford the higher end stuff. Because that will be gone one day too.

the noose around all our necks tightens. Support all other gun owners. Don’t just worry about “muh huntin raifa” “muh AR who cares about those AK guys” “ oh I don’t think people should have “assault weapons” anyways so I don’t care about that ban” because your neck is on the chopping block next for every extra bit of gun control passed.
    Exactly this. I’ve watched younger guys prioritize hundreds if not thousands on Zenitco furniture and Bakelite, even after the election!! Now the same guys are worried about their 1500 round “ammo dump”.
    Spoiler alert: (That’s not enough to ‘Escape from Tarkov’ boys...)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have a very small amount , 180 rounds or so, left over from when I sold my WASR a while back. They were talking on the phone with a customer at my FFL when I was filling out the 4473 and I overheard they were out of 7.62x39. I might go look at Bass Pro later to see if they still have any.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I've had this Ban-era Chinese Norinco MAK-90 that I purchased from another ingoer for a little while and recently had it threaded for a muzzle device by AllenM. While searching for a good muzzle device I decided it was about time to get rid of the Clinton-compliant thumbhole stock too.

Before pic:
    996CB421-9307-40FB-837E-B2F05C4CD0F2.jpeg

...and after:

925F67C1-296E-4FCC-BA39-C8916D58BC4E.jpeg
    53F8DB9B-EA0F-49B3-910F-C941FE2ACD5E.jpeg

I could've gone for the more accurate Chicom-look if I got Chinese-style furniture from Ironwood Designs, but since I've never owned a folding stock AK, I jumped on the tubular side-folding stock made by CNC Warrior (purchased through Bonesteel Arms). Really like it so far.

Last edited:

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    In honor of Sloppy Joe's Russian ammo ban, here's a big middle finger to that old smooth brain. I probably have more crates of Russian ammo than he has months left in office...

kfpXsQVh.jpg

ThrobSaggot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2021
    Cass
    I've had this Ban-era Chinese Norinco MAK-90 that I purchased from another ingoer for a little while and recently had it threaded for a muzzle device by AllenM. While searching for a good muzzle device I decided it was about time to get rid of the Clinton-compliant thumbhole stock too.

Before pic:
    View attachment 155165

...and after:

View attachment 155167
    View attachment 155166

I could've gone for the more accurate Chicom-look if I got Chinese-style furniture from Ironwood Designs, but since I've never owned a folding stock AK, I jumped on the tubular side-folding stock made by CNC Warrior (purchased through Bonesteel Arms). Really like it so far.
    How do I go about threading my mak90s? I have 3

Top Bottom