• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I was fortunate enough to be invited to a "private" machine gun shoot on a farm in the Southern part of the State.
    This has been at least 10 years ago.
    This is a Yugo full auto AK-47 that the owner allowed me to shoot. Always pays to bring your own ammo to events like this.
    These are a couple of pictures at dusk, I believe it was late July or Aug. when this took place.

Cool! Yugo ... or Bulgarian perhaps? That gun doesn't have Yugo-spec handguards and the gas block is 90 degrees. It also has the engraving marks in the lightning cuts. Those features all look a lot like my Arsenal SAMs.

What's the 74 your daughter is shooting?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    200   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Cool! Yugo ... or Bulgarian perhaps? That gun doesn't have Yugo-spec handguards and the gas block is 90 degrees. It also has the engraving marks in the lightning cuts. Those features all look a lot like my Arsenal SAMs.

What's the 74 your daughter is shooting?
    Waffen Works.
    The 47 was not mine, to he honest I cannot remember.
    I think you are probably correct that it is not a Yugo.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Just became an AK owner, and I'm proud of my first purchase.
    image0.jpg

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Welcome to the club, @HonkieKowboy! You could have done a lot worse than that fine chicom shooter for your first AK! Check out Ironwood Designs for some faithful reproduction wood furniture for your MAK, and keep a lookout for some flatback steel surplus mags. Those guns look SO much better when the thumbhole stock is replaced, in my humble opinion.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Welcome to the club, @HonkieKowboy! You could have done a lot worse than that fine chicom shooter for your first AK! Check out Ironwood Designs for some faithful reproduction wood furniture for your MAK, and keep a lookout for some flatback steel surplus mags. Those guns look SO much better when the thumbhole stock is replaced, in my humble opinion.
    I'm getting the CNC warrior stock for it, but that's currently on backorder so it won't be until next month I get it (that also means I get to pay next month so that's good too)

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Bill Clinton liked the thumb hole stock.....part of that beloved Assault Ban!!!! I had one those MAK 90s, upgraded to a milled one with gray died, black walnut stock.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    What is everyone's thought on major customization? IE: unable to change back easily.

Don't be a Bubba! Haha personally I'm not a fan; but your gun, your decision.

If you plan to keep it forever there's less to worry about. Unless you're expertly converting a Saiga sporter into a correct clone with authentic parts for example, most permanent gun alterations hurt their resale value. Also, I wouldn't recommend making permanent changes to a gun that's no longer importable, because those firearms are already more valuable and sought after.

What are you thinking about doing?

Gio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Terre Haute
    Don't be a Bubba! Haha personally I'm not a fan; but your gun, your decision.

If you plan to keep it forever there's less to worry about. Unless you're expertly converting a Saiga sporter into a correct clone with authentic parts for example, most permanent gun alterations hurt their resale value. Also, I wouldn't recommend making permanent changes to a gun that's no longer importable, because those firearms are already more valuable and sought after.

What are you thinking about doing?
    Thinking about....yeah. it's done. I carved Nordic runes into my furniture. I'd post a pic but I left the AK at a friend's house.

Top Bottom