Indiana

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I know it's technically not an AK, but I picked up a Galil Ace rifle recently. It's expensive, but wow... it's worth it, in my opinion. Put a Daniel Defense vertical grip on it and will probably end up putting a scout scope or a red dot on it, but I've also enjoyed shooting it with just the iron sights so far. Highly recommend!

959-E1-F17-353-D-42-FE-BF66-A674-C140-E4-D3.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Got a mount for the AK to try some of the subsonic brown bear ammo. Unfortunately my gun wont cycle it :xmad: but it sure is quite as a single shot :):

MNSldy.jpg

Jericho941Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2019
    Boone County
    Might be in the wrong thread to ask this but didn't want to create one for this question: I have a Ruger Mini-30 that I'm planning on selling and replacing with an AK. Should I get a Zastava ZPAP? Or is there a better option out there sub 1k?

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Might be in the wrong thread to ask this but didn't want to create one for this question: I have a Ruger Mini-30 that I'm planning on selling and replacing with an AK. Should I get a Zastava ZPAP? Or is there a better option out there sub 1k?

You're going to be hard-pressed to find a better import AK in new (or even secondhand, based on the current market) condition than the ZPAP. Opt for the bulged/RPK trunnion receiver model vs. the flat front trunnion model.

The newer WASR-10s imported by Century from about 2015-present are terrific and for a long time have been my go-to recommendation to folks new to the AK world, but prices have gone up so much in recent months that I'd now recommend a new ZPAP over a new WASR. Just note that the Yugo-patterned ZPAP uses different furniture than most standard combloc AKM furniture. Same for the side rail. Nothing to really consider unless you want to swap stocks, handguards, or add an optic.

You won't be disappointed by a ZPAP - go for it.

Jericho941Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2019
    Boone County
    You're going to be hard-pressed to find a better import AK in new (or even secondhand, based on the current market) condition than the ZPAP. Opt for the bulged/RPK trunnion receiver model vs. the flat front trunnion model.

The newer WASR-10s imported by Century from about 2015-present are terrific and for a long time have been my go-to recommendation to folks new to the AK world, but prices have gone up so much in recent months that I'd now recommend a new ZPAP over a new WASR. Just note that the Yugo-patterned ZPAP uses different furniture than most standard combloc AKM furniture. Same for the side rail. Nothing to really consider unless you want to swap stocks, handguards, or add an optic.

Thanks man, exactly what I was thinking. Will try to sell my mini-30 and grab a ZPAP.

Jericho941Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2019
    Boone County

Managed to snag a Zastava ZPAP M70 with the light (tiger) maple from DLD the other day. Super stoked to get it from my ffl.

Jericho941Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2019
    Boone County
    image0.jpg

Got my Zastava M70 a few weeks back, applied boiled linseed oil to the light maple ("tiger stripe") furniture (5 applications total) and it came out looking really nice, I think.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My back up AK--Zastava ZPAPM70 with black furniture and collapsing stock. I prefer short fixed stocks as they are easier to flow with. Because of my head shape I avoid, with vigor, the underfolders as they cut me, badly.

132060279_10224878968827115_6695316638242138239_o.jpg

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I was fortunate enough to be invited to a "private" machine gun shoot on a farm in the Southern part of the State.
    This has been at least 10 years ago.
    This is a Yugo full auto AK-47 that the owner allowed me to shoot. Always pays to bring your own ammo to events like this.
    These are a couple of pictures at dusk, I believe it was late July or Aug. when this took place.

Attachments

• DSC_0054.JPG
      DSC_0054.JPG
      1.5 MB · Views: 21
    • DSC_0055.JPG
      DSC_0055.JPG
      707.5 KB · Views: 22
    Top Bottom