• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    That's the thing though, I have tried pulling that screw out of the receiver and get it up and through. it is too wide to come up through the braces. I will keep working on it.
    Suggestion. Center punch the screw, drill the head off, chisel a slot in the shaft and screw it out.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    Yeah, the spine welds seem too clean though.

Good point, usually the Romanian mags have those big weld spots down the spine. I do have some that aren't that way and are much cleaner so its not always a 100% guarantee based on spine welds. I have a bunch with different letters and numbers stamped in that same general area, seems to be a Romanian thing. Here is a beater range mag with a couple J stamps I received damaged and had to beat into shape to fix it. Its been spray painted to denote as range only.

20221223_184448.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Okay, so after the Holidays, I will probably pick up another gun. I do not have an AK pistol. Do I need one? Which one? Mini Beryl?
    I don't think I want a 9mm. I already have toys to shoot that, MPX, SP5.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Okay, so after the Holidays, I will probably pick up another gun. I do not have an AK pistol. Do I need one? Which one? Mini Beryl?
    I don't think I want a 9mm. I already have toys to shoot that, MPX, SP5.

I'll preface my post with the whole brace debacle - you do you, but just consider all the factors if you choose to go that route.

For the mini Beryl, I'm not a fan of that barrel length in 5.56, but the promo price is hard to beat for that gun. There's always the Romanian (I'd steer clear of Century's American version) Draco - an md. 90 SBR clone has long been at the top of my to-do list.

Remind me - do you have anything in 5.45? Depending on your budget and if you're leaning towards a pistol, I'd also be looking at a Galil ACE pistol in 7.62x39 or 5.45. Another not-AK that looks kinda fun is the Czech VZ-58 pistol. You'd need to invest in new mags though if you don't already have some, since these are not compatible with AK mags.

Also, to answer your question - if you don't have one, yes you need one ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'll preface my post with the whole brace debacle - you do you, but just consider all the factors if you choose to go that route.

For the mini Beryl, I'm not a fan of that barrel length in 5.56, but the promo price is hard to beat for that gun. There's always the Romanian (I'd steer clear of Century's American version) Draco - an md. 90 SBR clone has long been at the top of my to-do list.

Remind me - do you have anything in 5.45? Depending on your budget and if you're leaning towards a pistol, I'd also be looking at a Galil ACE pistol in 7.62x39 or 5.45. Another not-AK that looks kinda fun is the Czech VZ-58 pistol. You'd need to invest in new mags though if you don't already have some, since these are not compatible with AK mags.

Also, to answer your question - if you don't have one, yes you need one ;)
    All my AKs are 7.62, no 5.45 or 5.56 at this point. So I will have to get new mags for either of those calibers. I stayed away from 5.45 because of the collapse of that ammo supply. So I am leaning toward 5.56.

The brace situation... no comment.

Top Bottom