• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    To go with the parts discussion, I'm wanting an ak104ish custom. I have the skill and tools to do it just can't decide the base to start from. Don't want to use a nice parts kit for a Frankenstein build. I'm going to sbr it so I can't decide between a toolcraft/psa bolt trunnion, a wbp bolt trunnion from aoa, or a milled receiver from tortor and surplus bolt. Trying to figure what the best option is for considering it will be sbred and a full custom build. Any input on what is best quality vs best value would be greatly appreciated.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I was looking at the 4pc booster zpap from cncwarrior but I've never seen any of their stuff before. Not worth it?

The CNC Warrior stuff is good to go. They make some quality items. +1 on the Slovakian kits being no bueno - a skilled builder friend of mine assembled a few of them and their QC was trash. Lots of out of spec parts, and the final builds looked terrible with regards to how the components mated together.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I know it's a personal preference thing and I'm not going to bash the AK-47's or the
    AK-74's but a friend of mine had a kit build AK-47 and I tried it out and I just could not like it, he even offered to give it to me because he didn't really need it but I turned it down. Call me crazy but that's just me.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I have never tackled an AK build. I always heard they were more challenging than an AR and some specialty tools were needed. I guess that is why my Saiga is still sitting around in parts unconverted.
    Saiga sitting around? You're gonna trigger my toxic trait. I CAN SAVE HER

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I know it's a personal preference thing and I'm not going to bash the AK-47's or the
    AK-74's but a friend of mine had a kit build AK-47 and I tried it out and I just could not like it, he even offered to give it to me because he didn't really need it but I turned it down. Call me crazy but that's just me.

Was that the Bulgarian AK-74 you asked about in another thread a few months ago? Did you shoot it?

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    No, I really didn't care to.

giphy.gif

Then how can you even know you don't like it??

I guess I don't understand why you'd amble into the AK thread to say you don't like AKs, even though you've never actually used an AK. Especially like three months after creating that other frustrating thread. Don't get me wrong - most of us AK guys are dirty, dumb, drunken cavemen, but we're still civilized enough not to fling baseless poo all over the AR threads.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Just handling it told me I didn't want to have anything to do with it.
    If it doesn't fit you must acquit.

I started out saying that I wasn't going to bash the AK-74's or the 47s so I didn't, it just doesn't work for me.
    One of the previous post is the reason that it triggered me to come in here.

DATA1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2022
    Indianapolis
    That's one heck of a friend to offer to give you a rifle for nothing.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    He is one hech of a friend. Over the 56 years that I have known him, he will do anything to help me for free, and has, and I would do, and have done anything to help him for free.

He had earlier offered me a handgun, a 220 something or other. I think he wanted to repay me for the work that I had done for him but he has done so much for me over the years that I just couldn't accept it.

When a pair of friends like that who would do anything to help one another come along, there is no need for monitary payment and I am truly blessed.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Anyone luck out on Atlantic's Asian contract kit drop last night? Or at the very least, follow the drama and subsequent butthurt over on the AK Files?

If you snagged a kit, what are your plans?

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Anyone luck out on Atlantic's Asian contract kit drop last night? Or at the very least, follow the drama and subsequent butthurt over on the AK Files?

If you snagged a kit, what are your plans?
    Nope and yup. Had the page up, stopped caring after I found something else I wanted. The kits are cool, as rare stuff always is, but pragmatically I just can't justify it. I don't really need a underfolding 7.62 Ak, especially one as heavily used as they are; unissued MD65s are too available for that.

Now for a type 88-2 I'd sell a kidney.

Top Bottom