• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I picked up a little non-blowback MP40 airsoft gun from Walmart for 35 bucks.

It's super fun, and better yet-the ammo is cheap. I got it because my wife wanted to practice some force on force stuff, and I figured it was the same price as a "blue" gun, and also has another use :)

Accuracy is about the same as my spring action "BB" gun, but I can make man sized hits from the back porch to the alleyway out back. WOOT!

crispy

Master
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I got the mini battery powered machine gun from there for the boys. The thing shoots hard and won't stop firing until the reservoir is empty.

I wanted to know exactly how hard so I had the older son shoot me in the back from 30 feet. I was explicit in my instructions to fire one shot only. Damn that hurt. Certainly don't want to have gunfights with them, eye protection or not.

Standard gun safety rules apply now.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I use a Tokyo Marui 1911 for training. Trigger is reasonably close to my 1911s; recoil is of course nothing like my real guns, but I remain convinced that there is room for Airsoft in my training regimen.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    yeah, we turned facing away to determine how bad it hurts and shot at our blue jeans. It does hurt, and we will not be shooting each other at all without some padding.

FYI, it's strong enough to blow into a shaken up pepsi can and penetrate for a nice foam spray :)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Update-Accuracy is awesome. I hit a bird on the powerline out back screwing around. It dropped down dazed and confused and then flew away. It was an annoying sparrow that drove all the songbirds away. SOOOO I don't feel bad....but my wife WAS pissed at me.

Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Does anyone have any experience in the Milsim airsoft world? Do any of their products offer simulated recoil to make training more realistic? I've recently been introduced to the idea of using airsoft to help replace the shooting that my wife and I are not doing because of ammo prices/availability and want to know how close it can come.

Top Bottom