Airguns... not your Grandma's Red Ryder BB gun anymore!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Except for a compressor I have digested all the costs for my 25 cal Marauder, It is far more accurate than I am and is at its best at invading Geese at 200 ft but is is too big and cumbersome for me to get at squirrels and chipmunks jumping around, Are there any quiet and accurate pcp's that are small and light? Id love something the size of a 10/22 or my old Daisy 880 Caliber is not important as I have a big supply of all 3 common sizes.

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    Except for a compressor I have digested all the costs for my 25 cal Marauder, It is far more accurate than I am and is at its best at invading Geese at 200 ft but is is too big and cumbersome for me to get at squirrels and chipmunks jumping around, Are there any quiet and accurate pcp's that are small and light? Id love something the size of a 10/22 or my old Daisy 880 Caliber is not important as I have a big supply of all 3 common sizes.
    There are plenty that are small and light. Check out the Benjamin Marauder pistol. You can add the Buttstock (Crosman part #1399) and make a small and handy carbine. Or you can get a FX Dreamlite Tactical Compact, Edgun Leishy, or a myriad of bullpup designs out there.

Glocker99

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Jul 13, 2020
    Westfield
    Loud too though. Break action piston rifles these days pack a real punch too. However, they will also get calls placed as they sound just like a .22lr
    You can get sound reduction devices for airguns, no license needed as long as they can't be used on a powder burner. Laws are kinda strange re-guarding air guns.

alc1985

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burns Harbor by the Dunes
    I have had my ASP20 .177 cal a little over four months and I'm pleased with the quality of the rifle and the Sig whisky scope is awesome.
    As much as I like it its too much rifle for my 73 year old body.
    I regret to say I need a smaller lighter rifle. I'm looking for a .22 cal rifle shooting about 500 to 600 fps.

Any suggestions?

larcat

Expert
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I called Crosman Friday because I've been wanting to buy a custom shop, either 13xx or Marauder for a bit to find out what the deal is.

Customer service guy was pretty candid -- combo of supply chain and labor shortage, custom shop is low total revenue, resources they do have going to the higher revenue line, do plan to reopen when they can get the parts and have the labor.

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    I have had my ASP20 .177 cal a little over four months and I'm pleased with the quality of the rifle and the Sig whisky scope is awesome.
    As much as I like it its too much rifle for my 73 year old body.
    I regret to say I need a smaller lighter rifle. I'm looking for a .22 cal rifle shooting about 500 to 600 fps.

Any suggestions?
    Try a Umarex 850M CO2 rifle. It uses an 88 gram CO2 cartridge and has 8 round magazine. No spring to cock and you'll get upwards of 200 shots on one cartridge

tbhausen

Master
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I have a mid-80’s .177 RWS Diana side cocker with a Japanese RWS parallax-adjustable scope. I haven’t shot it in years but it’s in mint condition. Are these things any good?

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    I have a mid-80’s .177 RWS Diana side cocker with a Japanese RWS parallax-adjustable scope. I haven’t shot it in years but it’s in mint condition. Are these things any good?
    Sounds like either a Diana 48 or 52. Both are excellent German made rifles and they are considered magnum level in power (for a springer). The RWS scope is excellent and rated for magnum airguns too. It'll focus down and be parallax free at 10 yards. The scopes are collectable and sought after by vintage airgun collectors.

alc1985

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Nov 21, 2009
    Try a Umarex 850M CO2 rifle. It uses an 88 gram CO2 cartridge and has 8 round magazine. No spring to cock and you'll get upwards of 200 shots on one cartridge
    Thanks baranjhn the Umarex was off my radar but since you brought it to my attention I think that is something I need to look at. It checks all the boxes I'm looking for.

tbhausen

Master
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Sounds like either a Diana 48 or 52. Both are excellent German made rifles and they are considered magnum level in power (for a springer). The RWS scope is excellent and rated for magnum airguns too. It'll focus down and be parallax free at 10 yards. The scopes are collectable and sought after by vintage airgun collectors.
    Thanks. I need to get the thing out and see if I need to replace any parts in it and exercise it a bit. I’ll post a picture of it here soon.

alc1985

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Nov 21, 2009
    I sold my Sig Sauer ASP20 and ordered a Umarex 850M2 CO2 rifle in .177 last night it will be here Wednesday.
    I plan to use it for plinking and trash bird hunting in my rear yard.
    I'm trying to decide what optic to put on it a scope or red/green dot. I had a hard time getting a site picture with the Sig Whiskey3 scope unless I set it on 4x so the 16x was a waste of a good scope for me. I have a$35 red/green dot on my Crossman 2240 air pistol and I find it east to use.
    Any suggestions on a optic for me?

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    I sold my Sig Sauer ASP20 and ordered a Umarex 850M2 CO2 rifle in .177 last night it will be here Wednesday.
    I plan to use it for plinking and trash bird hunting in my rear yard.
    I'm trying to decide what optic to put on it a scope or red/green dot. I had a hard time getting a site picture with the Sig Whiskey3 scope unless I set it on 4x so the 16x was a waste of a good scope for me. I have a$35 red/green dot on my Crossman 2240 air pistol and I find it east to use.
    Any suggestions on a optic for me?
    Try a Hawke Sport Optics 4x32 Sport HD scope with adjustable objective.

Butch627

Master
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    There are plenty that are small and light. Check out the Benjamin Marauder pistol. You can add the Buttstock (Crosman part #1399) and make a small and handy carbine. Or you can get a FX Dreamlite Tactical Compact, Edgun Leishy, or a myriad of bullpup designs out there.
    To clarify I would like to find something small, quiet and light, pcp, traditional looking, deadly to squirrels at 25 yards and not break the bank. I have a marauder for longer range. I need something to shoot moving squirrels and chipmunks in the trees and ground and the marauder is too big and heavy for me for that task. Follow up shots with my Daisy 880 take too long.

larcat

Expert
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Have you shot and or handled a Leshiy / Leshiy 2?

I'm strongly thinking about selling all my 22 powder burner stuff and buying one.

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    To clarify I would like to find something small, quiet and light, pcp, traditional looking, deadly to squirrels at 25 yards and not break the bank. I have a marauder for longer range. I need something to shoot moving squirrels and chipmunks in the trees and ground and the marauder is too big and heavy for me for that task. Follow up shots with my Daisy 880 take too long.
    Get a Benjamin Marauder Pistol and put a Crosman carbine stock on it.

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    Have you shot and or handled a Leshiy / Leshiy 2?

I'm strongly thinking about selling all my 22 powder burner stuff and buying one.
    I’m a lefty so, bull pups rarely work for me. The guys I know that have a Leshiy love them. I have been shooting my new FX Dreamlite Tac Compact lately which is a fantastic carbine

Top Bottom