Airguns... not your Grandma's Red Ryder BB gun anymore!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Love 'em, hate 'em? PyramydAir done me right this time.

I reluctantly paid the couple bucks extra for two day shipping, after the last debacle ordering from PyramydAir. Last order took forever and CS was non-existant, (because 'rona.)

It's hard to argue with PyramydAir's pricing though. If not just competitive, they are way beyond other's pricing. Amazon's pricing is a joke for pellets.

PyramydAir is a big name and only one state over, (which really pisses one off when it takes 10+ days to get the order. :xmad:)

I found that my M-Rod very accurately shoots a pellet that is a relatively newly designed premier hunting pellet.

PyramydAir finally got them back in stock after months being out. I received the in stock notice and quickly put together an order for 1500. Three tins was the best price break to justify the expensive shipping.

20210626_143541.jpg

They arrived today. I was very happy to find I had forgotten about PyramydAir's standard promo of buy 3, get one free pellet tins.

All told, just a smidge over 3 cents a piece, for a top of the line pellet. I can justify that for the accuracy alone, let alone the effective performance on critters.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good luck getting off Pyramid's annoying email list. They will email you every month to the day with "we miss you" emails.

I tried unsubscribing 4x. Finally had to chat with customer support to have my name removed from the list manually because the unsubscribe button wouldnt work. (And I knew I was doing it right because I even printed out one of the "confirmed. Sorry to see you go" pages and dated it and stuck it to my office wall. Sure enough, a month later another one. :xmad:

Edit: I avoid them from now on beacuse of that. Almost worse than the NRA.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good luck getting off Pyramid's annoying email list. They will email you every month to the day with "we miss you" emails.

I tried unsubscribing 4x. Finally had to chat with customer support to have my name removed from the list manually because the unsubscribe button wouldnt work. (And I knew I was doing it right because I even printed out one of the "confirmed. Sorry to see you go" pages and dated it and stuck it to my office wall. Sure enough, a month later another one. :xmad:

I agree, right up the cost and availability factor.

If you have dealt with them for many years, you know what you are getting into when buying from PyramydAir.

Why wouldn't you have your mail program trash all of their "spam?"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree, right up the cost and availability factor.

If you have dealt with them for many years, you know what you are getting into when buying from PyramydAir.

Why wouldn't you have your mail program trash all of their "spam?"
    BTDT. I shouldnt have to jump through hoops to not see their spam. I should be able to say "go away" and they stop.

And when I happen to place an order and want to get my receipt? Hopefully they are using a different mail account for that or thats in the bin too.

And I got bit in the butt once blocking email from a hostile vendor. Against my advice, I had a loser manager tell me to block all the email from this PITA vendor after we split from them and the owner wouldn't stop harassing our guy.

Fast forward 6 years. We had bought a company that also used that vendor. so we tried to quietly migrate their accounts out from under that vendor to the vendor we switched to. And we had to do it quietly or else he would put up a fight losing all those customers and make our jobs 100x harder. We hoped to overnight export all the account details and then flip all those accounts so by the time he realized what was going on, it would be too late. We'd have all the account info and be able to switch them our provider and there was nothing he could do. (not that he could do anything ethically)

But as soon as we moved that company's mailboxes to our mail server using an alias so the mailboxes would respond to both the old and new addresses, suddenly that manager's phone rang. it was the owner of the hostile vendor. He saw the sudden bounces coming from our mail server and he put 2 and 2 together (we buy a lot of smaller companies and had transferred quite a few customers TO him in the past) and realized what we were up to. And he refused to play nice and locked out our admin account so we couldnt do what we needed to do. (export account details to be imported into the new vendor) Which meant setting several thousand accounts up by hand.

In the end after several letters from our attorney, we were given access angain and then 30 days to have all customers off his system.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I reluctantly paid the couple bucks extra for two day shipping, after the last debacle ordering from PyramydAir. Last order took forever and CS was non-existant, (because 'rona.)

It's hard to argue with PyramydAir's pricing though. If not just competitive, they are way beyond other's pricing. Amazon's pricing is a joke for pellets.

PyramydAir is a big name and only one state over, (which really pisses one off when it takes 10+ days to get the order. :xmad:)

I found that my M-Rod very accurately shoots a pellet that is a relatively newly designed premier hunting pellet.

PyramydAir finally got them back in stock after months being out. I received the in stock notice and quickly put together an order for 1500. Three tins was the best price break to justify the expensive shipping.

View attachment 145569

They arrived today. I was very happy to find I had forgotten about PyramydAir's standard promo of buy 3, get one free pellet tins.

All told, just a smidge over 3 cents a piece, for a top of the line pellet. I can justify that for the accuracy alone, let alone the effective performance on critters.

Back to the subject.

Anyone else tried these?

My shooting setup is less than stellar, but I couldn't help but notice the better-than-the-rest accuracy of these pellets. Pellets that were designed for hunting.

This gent somewhat confirmed my idea that a small stockpile of these pellets would be a good investment...

Last edited:

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Airgun sub forum… I think it’s a great idea!!!!

Edgun Leshiy 2.0 REPR valve, 250mm barrel .22 caliber.
    Zero’d at 25 yards. Thankfully it likes the lower cost Crosman premiers. It LOVES JSB pellets but 500 Crosman HPs for 6 bucks is a good thing.
    Got a Vortex Crossfire 4x12x14 AO Dead Hold BDC on a Ad recon mount.
    Darn thing is SO much fun and one of the most accurate sticks I’ve ever shot.
    I HIGHLY recommend the Leshiy!
    Think I’m going to grab a tank and a higher quality compressor in the near future.
    Any suggestions on a better compressor?

87883423-BB3D-4768-B246-0177183FFDC0.jpeg 7EAF932E-1EC8-4810-BB2F-0A99D47827C3.jpeg DEA27680-071A-49AF-B71C-96A3E731CCB2.png 34537D94-5683-43BF-875D-D0D4D0DED901.jpeg

Last edited:

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    To clarify I would like to find something small, quiet and light, pcp, traditional looking, deadly to squirrels at 25 yards and not break the bank. I have a marauder for longer range. I need something to shoot moving squirrels and chipmunks in the trees and ground and the marauder is too big and heavy for me for that task. Follow up shots with my Daisy 880 take too long.
    Air force talon ss

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This thread is an excellent resource. Could a moderator please move it to the new airgun sub-forum? Thank you!
    use the report function on the first post. Describe what you want done. That is messaged to all the mods. Are you new here? LOL

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

View attachment 145569

Again, I agree with the aggressive advertising being annoying. That said, PyramydAir is really really hard to beat pricewise.

They advertised 13% off deal today in their email. Combine that discount with the buy three, get four on pellets that are already priced the the best or better.

:dunno:

Top Bottom