• wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    What air fryer do ya use and like?
    For a family of 1 to 3 at most.
    Looking for an air fryer to cook chicken wings, frozen nuggets, and French fries.

Saw good article reviews on this one but not good user reviews.
    View attachment 250373
    We purchase a toaster oven type unit from Sam’s. It has a bake function, toast, air grill, air fry options.

It was around $125.00 and it saves on counter space. We have had it for a little over a year. Very happy with it. ALSO IT DOES BACON!

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Cut my cord, took their photos and crimped it back together. Now we wait. Wish I could’ve replaced it with a white one. That seems like a fair exchange for attempting to burn down my house.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Cut my cord, took their photos and crimped it back together. Now we wait. Wish I could’ve replaced it with a white one. That seems like a fair exchange for attempting to burn down my house.

I did mine just a bit ago also. Soldered and taped.

Then roasted pie pumpkin chunks, dredged in bacon drippings. :drool:

Another side note on this contraption; I would never load this thing up, turn it on and walk away very far or very long. Recall or not, I just think it's a bad idea. There is a lot to go wrong with any device like this.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Another side note on this contraption; I would never load this thing up, turn it on and walk away very far or very long. Recall or not, I just think it's a bad idea. There is a lot to go wrong with any device like this.

Well it's a chinese electrical appliance - what could possibly go wrong?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

Yup from day 1 I kept mine unplugged when not in use. When I was researching buying one because my stove burner went out (had to wait months to get a replacement back in 2021) I saw a video where someone’s had caught fire (different brand). Never fully trusted it to keep it plugged in. I considered bringing up the soldering iron from my workshop but didn’t want to hassle too much with it considering we have to send the old ones back. Not a big fan of crimps but it’ll do for now.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yup from day 1 I kept mine unplugged when not in use. When I was researching buying one because my stove burner went out (had to wait months to get a replacement back in 2021) I saw a video where someone’s had caught fire (different brand). Never fully trusted it to keep it plugged in. I considered bringing up the soldering iron from my workshop but didn’t want to hassle too much with it considering we have to send the old ones back. Not a big fan of crimps but it’ll do for now.

Did you get the impression we will be sending the recalled one's back? Maybe I just speculated that the pictures would be in lue of them wanting the old units back? I read that we are not supposed to dispose of the unit until whenever?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Did you get the impression we will be sending the recalled one's back? Maybe I just speculated that the pictures would be in lue of them wanting the old units back? I read that we are not supposed to dispose of the unit until whenever?
    I thought I did but just went back and looked and the email says “*DO NOT use your air fryer. Once your registration is approved, recycle or dispose of your air fryer in accordance with state and local laws.” So guess I was mistaken and can bring it down to my shop to properly solder it.

Top Bottom