• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, does amount to treason. Our elected leaders either through malice, ignorance, or incompetence has armed our enemies. Think about that for a little bit and let it settle in.

I believe the line goes something like, aid and comfort to the enemy, what else do you call effectively handing our combatant enemy billions of dollars of US arms?
    While I would love for that to be true, we probably need to be honest with ourselves.

Lets say you gift me a safe full of guns. And a month later somebody breaks into my house and steals the guns. Or shoots me and steals the guns. Are you guilty of giving the guns to criminals?

Because for most of this, that is what happened. "Here Afghan army. Have tools to fight the Taliban." Then the Taliban shows up and those soldiers run away, leaving the weapons behind. Now the Taliban has the weapons. Yet we didnt give the arms to the Taliban. They took them from who we gave them to.

Now any of the arms left behind in hangars that we abandoned are another matter. But do we know that to be a fact?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    While I would love for that to be true, we probably need to be honest with ourselves.

Lets say you gift me a safe full of guns. And a month later somebody breaks into my house and steals the guns. Or shoots me and steals the guns. Are you guilty of giving the guns to criminals?

Because for most of this, that is what happened. "Here Afghan army. Have tools to fight the Taliban." Then the Taliban shows up and those soldiers run away, leaving the weapons behind. Now the Taliban has the weapons. Yet we didnt give the arms to the Taliban. They took them from who we gave them to.

Now any of the arms left behind in hangars that we abandoned are another matter. But do we know that to be a fact?
    So what you're saying is we need to have an international red flag law

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

SECTION 3. Clause 1. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open court.

Domestic criminals are not enemies of the country or constitution. Taliban and basically any country that would use our arms against us is. So yes in a way it is treason. So is giving money to enemies of our country.

So basically 90% of congress.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Kabul airport is in kinda of a bowl. Only one main route in and out of airport. It was sketchy even in the best of times.

Buildings are close to the fence not a good defensive position.
    Last time I visited was 2011 and it was a s#^# hole.

I hope this turns out better than I fear it will.
    Just a real SWAG here, but I'm betting the Taliban is trying to be kinder/gentler through this transition, or at lease appear and be able to claim so. I think they are now smart enough to know that a complete and utter bloodbath right now will paint them as heathen terrorists to all.

You cannot recruit to or infiltrate outside terrorist organizations like BLM and ANTIFA by being universally hated by all. They need these weak-minded groups for their next steps.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Just a real SWAG here, but I'm betting the Taliban is trying to be kinder/gentler through this transition, or at lease appear and be able to claim so. I think they are now smart enough to know that a complete and utter bloodbath right now will paint them as heathen terrorists to all.
    Perhaps you missed the links a page or two back about the fact that the Taliban is shooting people in the streets for carrying the flag of Afghanistan or not wearing burqas.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I think that's for certain. The flip side to that is the Taliban leadership isn't any more an effective central power than anyone else who's held that role, and currently even less so. What real control do they have over roving bands of armed men dispersed all over? Each little warlord and roving band can pretty much do whatever they can get by with in that locale. I will not be surprised if we see some heavily conflicting reports with both being true depending on location. Their hold is purely either via threat of force or ideological pressure, and that must be wielded very carefully. A given group that decides the leadership is TINO can splinter.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Perhaps you missed the links a page or two back about the fact that the Taliban is shooting people in the streets for carrying the flag of Afghanistan or not wearing burqas.
    If it was a complete bloodbath, it would be top of the news everywhere. They wouldn't be the Taliban, if they didn't enforce their rule with a killing off a few aggressors.

A few killed off here and there is not unlike Chicago any weekend. :dunno: Wouldn't get in the way of nuzzling up to BLM and ANTIFA. :twocents:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That Afghan population failed miserably at preventing a taliban offensive all the way back to Kabul.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    except nobody really cares. When was the last time the Logan Act was taken seriously? Didnt Biden get caught doing it? Same with Kerry? I could be mistaken, but I recall Dems violating it in the past and nobody batted an eye.

And why is he even calling her?

She's a good source of info if you pay her.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kabul airport is in kinda of a bowl. Only one main route in and out of airport. It was sketchy even in the best of times.

Buildings are close to the fence not a good defensive position.
    Last time I visited was 2011 and it was a s#^# hole.

I hope this turns out better than I fear it will.
    Oh, like Dien Bien Phu. Great.

Top Bottom